GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2018, 16:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • LBS/INSEAD/Cambridge R1 Admit is Here to Answer YOUR Questions!

December 09, 2018

December 09, 2018

06:00 AM PST

07:00 AM PST

One of our senior forum members, subirroy, recently got accepted at LBS, INSEAD, and Cambridge in Round 1. He accepted our invitation to share his insights about the application process, and answer the queries of applicants.
  • Personal MBA Coach’s Top 4 Tips For MBA Applicants

December 10, 2018

December 10, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Reflecting back on the tips I have provided again and again, I want to share my top 4 “words of wisdom” for MBA applicants.

GenEd MBA Review - My Experience with one of their consultants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC '15
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V37
GPA: 3.85
GenEd MBA Review - My Experience with one of their consultants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2018, 11:21
I tried my GMAT 2 times but was not able to score 620-650 respectively, so I thought to consult a MBA consultant who can help me to score high and can build my profile for top b-schools ranking under top 30. I consulted the same with few of my friends and colleagues and came to know about MBA crystal Ball, General Education, Veritas and so on... but one of colleagues (Arjun) had taken services from General Education, so i thought to take a free consultation with them. I made enquiry and sameday, I received a callback. Krishna was the first person who took my all details and explained about how will they help in building profile with some pricing and timeline.

Well every business (small or big) keeps some ground rule so I shared details to move ahead with my profile evaluation. They advised that we can try application with 650 also but I had in mind to get 720 atleast so that my profile can be very strong as my academic record is simply good :-) . While consulting with Krishna, I also searched for their reviews and found most of the networks are full of positive reviews. MBA crystal ball were also in the positive review list but everyone was saying that their prices are quite high.

So Krishna came up with some schools where I can apply with low GMAT score and their b-schools ranking was under 30. HEC and Rotterdam Business school were in the list so I thought to take a chance. After few discussions in understanding the services and terms, I made the payment as their consultant fees were not that much high. I took a package of 3 B-schools.

I thought, I will have to make the consultant aware about my profile again in detail but interesting thing was, he was taken all the details and done a pre-work on my profile for me. I was really impressed at that time. Later it took around a month or so, he helped me with some insights on my MBA essay writing and also helped me in highlighting my extra-circular activities which I never thought about before.

So if you are new bie MBA aspirant, think about everything that you do and connect such people who can help you to recommendations too :-)

I submitted the application with their help and My application was accepted in HEC Paris. I was very happy but next challenge was to clear interview. Initially, I tried to search on Google for some case studies but just few blogs came up.

I made a quick call to Krishna again asked about for a help in this. He told about their 10% scheme being a sales person :-) . Well, it was good working with them before so I thought to take this again.

Anoop was the 2nd consultant who guided me for interview sessions and he was looking very well experienced person in this domain. We worked on interview questions and he took my test on regular basis to make me admitted.

It took a few days but finally something was good waiting for me.

Today, I've been working with Management Consulting Firm as Program Director. Arjun was the guy whom I never forget and I am thankful to him. He was the guy who recommended General Education to me.

The objective of putting this review here because sharing an old experience can be useful and make impact to MBA aspirants who are confused in finding a right consultant.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
B
GenEd MBA Review - My Experience with one of their consultants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2018, 01:43
My 5 B-Schools service with General Education is not completed yet, but my experience till now is satisfactory and the counselling session with Krishna was amazing all my doubts were clarified and B-Schools were shortlisted considering my short-term and long-term goals and I was told about my realistic chance of getting into B-Schools.

I will soon be working with essay editing and I will keep adding my experience with General Education.
GMAT Club Bot
GenEd MBA Review - My Experience with one of their consultants &nbs [#permalink] 15 Aug 2018, 01:43

GenEd MBA Review - My Experience with one of their consultants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap