Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:59 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6254 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools: Wharton '20
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: GMAT 790 (Q51, V50). Kindly review and reply. Utterly confused :( [#permalink]
NewGuy12 wrote:
here is a quick question. how? what did u eat or what did u do to get that score?)

Me too!!! I need to know ?????

Sent from my iPhone
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: GMAT 790 (Q51, V50). Kindly review and reply. Utterly confused :( [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Bhardwajh5x wrote:
Dear Expert,
First of all, Thanks a ton for taking out your precious time to reviewing my profile. Following are the details:

1. NAME: BHARDWAJH K.M.

2. COUNTRY: INDIA

3. GMAT SCORE: 790 (Q51, V50, AWA 6) :-)
impressive!
4. SCHOOL: BITS Pilani, India (2011-2016). B.Engg(Hons.) in ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING, MSc.(Hons.) in BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES.

5. CUMULATIVE G.P.A.: 7/10 (70 %, or 2.8/4) :( :sad:
There are two bright spots on this-- 1) your GMAT score trumps and 2) international gpas can sometimes fly a little bit under the radar so that might help a little
6. WORK EXPERIENCE:
a.) JP Morgan Chase & Co.- (August 2016-July 2017) Corporate and Investment Bank Technology. Worked with a team of 9 as a Technology Analyst on Investment Banking Automation for JP Morgan's Clients for North American, European and Asia Pacific Region. Delivered 4 different projects, each related to different investment funds in 11 months.
b.) PricewaterhouseCoopers.- (July 2017 onwards) Working on GRID (Government Reforms and Infrastructure Development) as an Advisory Consultant team that comprises of experts from Science, Technology, Marketing and Finance in the Renewable Energy sector to ensure a sustainable growth of Renewable Energy resources in an energy deficient but a high energy consuming country such as India.

7. EXTRA CURRICULAR AND VOLUNTEERING ACTIVITIES:
a.) MEMBER: Literary and Debating Club, Electronics and Robotics Club, Festival Committee, Music Society, Philately and Numismatics Club.
b.) FOUNDER: Hindi Literary and Debating Club (A 400% increase in membership in just 2 years with over 50 events), SARAS (Society for Rejuvenation and Appreciation of Sanskrit. We've been active across universities in India and abroad with the help of the massive Indian diaspora within our network. Although started just a few months ago, we are a family of 101 highly motivated Sanskrit Enthusiasts and are planning to launch our Social Media handles across various platforms the next month. :-) ), MARUDHARA, BITS Pilani Rajasthan State Association(Have been the Treasurer and Chief Coordinator for straight two years. A big group of around 500 students from the state of Rajasthan. To pay heed to their matters of concern, for regular meeting and activities this group was founded.)
c.) VOLUNTEER: ISKCON (International Society For Krishna Consciousness, Marketing Volunteer), Helpage India, Help for the ederly (Student Volunteer), Nirmaan (N.G.O. for the underprivileged, Marketing Volunteer)
good job describing impact in the extracurriculars
8. ANY SIGNIFICANT CONFERENCE SELECTED FOR AND ATTENDED TO: HPAIR (Harvard Project for Asian and International Relations) 2014 TOKYO

Now, after your thorough prognosis and diagnosis, kindly answer these questions of mine:
1.) Is there even a remote possibility of me getting any of the top 5 college (Rank according to FT) ? I had a client that was successful getting into top 10- 20 with similar work experience
2.) Should I be too worried for my low CGPA. and is there anything that I can do to compensate it now ? We have a program called early edge where we can work with you NOW to suggest ways to help improve-- to do that reach out to us at this link https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/ some general ideas would come from looking at your transcript to see what quant classes you had and how you did and suggest some to take where you can get an A. We would also discuss the best way to provide context for your grades
3.) When, according to you is the right time for me to apply ? see above- for link to Stratus-- but if you work with us now on 4 schools you have no downside to applying this upcoming year. As if you are not successful you can work with us again in a subsequent year at no extra cost. That might be a great way to go-- you are on low side of work now-- but I have seen candidates with good horsepower-- GMAT get some good outcomes on shorter work so I think you do have something special to bring to this
4.) MBA from US or MIM from Europe? Please note that I come from an Indian lower middle class family, so I need to be extremely sure about the decision that I make and the Return on Investment. The MBA fees of top US colleges is like my father's 15 years of net salary, that too when I assume that he was getting the same amount in 2002 as in 2017.
We could help you with a scholarship strategy-- there are options for getting scholarships with that kind of GMAT! If you want to know more-- reach out to us at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Thanks in Advance. Please Reply Soon.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
mcelroytutoring Here is another Solid score of 790!!!
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
GMAT 790 (Q51, V50). Kindly review and reply. Utterly confused :( [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Hi Bhardwajh5x ,

First of all, congrats on the amazing score. A GMAT score of 790 should never have a sad face attached to it!

Do you have your ESR yet? Recent ESR research on GMAT Club suggests that you answered 100% of counted questions correctly on Verbal, and 0-2 counted questions incorrectly on Quant.

GMAT Club Bot
GMAT 790 (Q51, V50). Kindly review and reply. Utterly confused :( [#permalink]