Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 18:55 It is currently 07 May 2024, 18:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Quant Chat Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4284 [1]
Given Kudos: 1853
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.06
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73105 [0]
Given Kudos: 18936
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.06
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Cheating Ring Busted In India - 6 Arrested + Russian Hackers [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Hi. Sorry about that. There is a number of tests that are flagged for administrative review but most of them go through. A very small number seems to actually be affected or canceled from all those that are under review. The greatest damage they do is delay your score from being reportable. Most people get the score within a month but we did have a few people who had to wait for two months during last November/ December.

Anyway, admissistrator review does not mean a problem in 99% of the cases. It just means the software had a suspicion about some thing and if everything was clean, there’s nothing to worry about it though I’m sure as I would have, you’re probably still worried. Sorry about that emotional stress 😬

NavneetKumar7 wrote:
Because of these cheaters, everyone(most of us, atleast) are suffering now. Scored a 760 on first attempt after practicing for 4 months, and now my exam is under administrative review. Had I known this could be a possibility, would have taken the test at the test centre. Only hope is that since no wrongdoing or rule breaking was involved , I should sail through. But really a horrible horrible experience.

Posted from my mobile device

Delay is not an issue for me as I am targeting R1 next session. Was really shocked when saw the administrative review mail, but have settled in and ready to wait a month or half. Trying to prepare for the next stage of the application process.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73105 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Cheating Ring Busted In India - 6 Arrested + Russian Hackers [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I cannot even imagine. I don’t know what’s better or worse but in the early days, in October, you would not get an email or an answer or a score. Basically you would get nothing and no one would tell you and there was no indication when your score would become available. Drove people insane. I don’t know if getting an email about review is better 🤷‍♂️😬 May be a little better. There was also a whole bunch of people who took the test in June and July and then received administrative review email in November. That was an unpleasant surprise 3+ months later…

One of them, had the score canceled, at which point they hired an attorney, after which their score was reinstated 😂 I am not sure how accurate that story was but that was feedback from one user on GMAT Club. 👍

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 228
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Stern '25 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
GMAT Cheating Ring Busted In India - 6 Arrested + Russian Hackers [#permalink]
Dear @bb/experts,
I scored a 730 (Q49 V40) in September 2021 online GMAT attempt and scored a mere 650 (Q50 V27 AWA 6) in March 2022 online GMAT attempt. Although, I received the official score within a few days of the exam attempt, I can't figure out the reason for the very low verbal score, as I have never scored below V33, even in the first official mock that I took prior to beginning my GMAT preparation. Furthermore, I was scoring V45 in MGMAT mocks a few days prior to the exam. After hearing of such incidents, I am starting to suspect that something fishy happened to my exam. Is it possible for me to do anything about it?

Thanks and warm regards
Naresh

Originally posted by AlwaysImproving on 31 Mar 2022, 20:36.
Last edited by AlwaysImproving on 31 Mar 2022, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73105 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
NareshGargMBA wrote:
Dear @bb/All
I scored a 730 (Q49 V40) in September 2021 online GMAT attempt and scored a mere 650 (Q50 V27) in March 2022 online GMAT attempt. I can't figure out the reason for the very low verbal score, as I have never scored below V33, even in the first official mock that I took prior to beginning my GMAT preparation. Furthermore, I was scoring V45 in MGMAT a few days prior to the exam. After hearing of such incidents, I am starting to suspect that something fishy happened to my exam. Is it possible for me to do anything about it?

What are you suspecting? What can be happening to your exam? And how is this related to the topic being discussed? 🤷‍♂️

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 228
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Stern '25 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
bb wrote:
NareshGargMBA wrote:
Dear @bb/All
I scored a 730 (Q49 V40) in September 2021 online GMAT attempt and scored a mere 650 (Q50 V27) in March 2022 online GMAT attempt. I can't figure out the reason for the very low verbal score, as I have never scored below V33, even in the first official mock that I took prior to beginning my GMAT preparation. Furthermore, I was scoring V45 in MGMAT a few days prior to the exam. After hearing of such incidents, I am starting to suspect that something fishy happened to my exam. Is it possible for me to do anything about it?

What are you suspecting? What can be happening to your exam? And how is this related to the topic being discussed? 🤷‍♂️

I am suspecting that my exam was somehow manipulated by some hacker. I just wanted to get some more information on this subject. I apologize if I have said something wrong.

Thanks.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4667 [1]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
NareshGargMBA wrote:
I am suspecting that my exam was somehow manipulated by some hacker. I just wanted to get some more information on this subject. I apologize if I have said something wrong.

Thanks.

Hi NareshGargMBA,

There's no real motive for anyone to mess with your score as part of an individual attack (and why would they increase your quant score to 50?), so it's unlikely that you've been maliciously targeted here. Also, the hackers involved in this operation are probably not the kind we read about in the news, the kind who can get into our phones at will. To do what you suspect, they'd have to compromise your/GMAC's/Examity's systems first, which is significantly more difficult than uploading remote access software with the help of system owners.
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2421 [0]
Given Kudos: 273
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Here's another article from BusinessBecause — a PR arm of GMAC — that addresses the situation:

https://www.businessbecause.com/news/gm ... an-hackers

This recent wave of GMAT online cheating scandals helps explain why GMAC and Examity have begun implementing an automatic score review process for anyone who scores 700+ on the online exam — a process that can add weeks to the release of your official score.

Yes, it must be nice to just sit back and let two professional GMAT tutors in another part of the world take the GMAT remotely for you, while you just sit there on camera and pretend to be working hard, when in fact the (mostly) correct answers are being chosen for you by experts.

Shortcuts come with consequences, however — both legal and academic consequences. Many offers of MBA admission have now been rescinded because of cancelled GMAT online scores.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3