Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GPA: 4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Do you at least get to see the unofficial scores right after you take the exam online at home? On your computer/laptop? Can you get an unofficial score and just write it down and report that to the schools and than wait for the official scores? or do they not tell you anything for 7+ days? (you could basically be done with the test not knowing if you got a 400 or 800) ?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
newbiequestions16 wrote:
Do you at least get to see the unofficial scores right after you take the exam online at home? On your computer/laptop? Can you get an unofficial score and just write it down and report that to the schools and than wait for the official scores? or do they not tell you anything for 7+ days? (you could basically be done with the test not knowing if you got a 400 or 800) ?

Everyone gets the same score after their GMAT Online at first and it is presented as a range between 200 and 800. Then in a few days or a week or a few weeks, you get your real score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
newbiequestions16 wrote:

Everyone gets the same score after their GMAT Online at first and it is presented as a range between 200 and 800. Then in a few days or a week or a few weeks, you get your real score.

Thanks just checked that link - from it though it says you don't see anything after the exam, and you get a score in 7 days. You mentioned everyone gets the same score at first.. like just a example score or an approximation unofficial score - I know schools accept unofficial reports so I want to make sure I can take the test a couple days before the cut-off date or if I need to schedule 7-10 days in advance to send SOMETHING.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi

I had the same problem

my friend also had the same problem

Any update?

Thanks

bb wrote:
Hi. I do not have an update on this issue. Many people had it back in April but it seemed to have been resolved for most people.... but I would try a diff browser and if you still having issues, I would email them ASAP.

Harsh2111s wrote:
squall89 wrote:
hello

Are the server on maintance?

because I cannot schedule for online gmat. thank you

I have "internal server error" creating my profile

bb , Do you have any update ?
I am facing same issue.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
useraaa19 wrote:
Hi

I had the same problem

Any update?

Thanks

bb wrote:
Hi. I do not have an update on this issue. Many people had it back in April but it seemed to have been resolved for most people.... but I would try a diff browser and if you still having issues, I would email them ASAP.

Harsh2111s wrote:
squall89 wrote:
hello

I am facing same issue.

Resolved now.
It will take max 24 hrs for reflecting the personal details that you filled on GMAT official site.
Try login after 24hrs, once you fill all basic details. Server will work just fine.
Hope it helps :)
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22062 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Vigasimrair wrote:
Hi, guys!

I had an online test on Saturday (June 13th). I strongly recommend to read all requirements and run system test before the exam, because initially my system (Windows 7) was not ok. I've found MacBook, but it's microphone was broken. So I've eventually found a Windows 10 computer and borrowed it from my friend for a couple of days.
As an international test-taker I was required to have my international ID with my name written in English. So please keep it in mind if you live in Russia or any other Cyrillic-complicated-to-read-your-name-country: your name in ID must match letter-by-letter with your name in mba.com account.

Everything during the test was smooth and fine. I took the test from the kitchen, so proctor asked me to switch off the TV-set from the socket (completely). To say the truth, I didn't plan to watch it during the exam, though...
In a couple of minutes after the exam I've lost my Wi-Fi connection. I'm grateful to my router that the break didn't happen earlier! So maybe the direct cable connection may be an option for your exam.

I have just received my score (on June 17th). Unfortunately, my results are disappointing - 680 (Q49, V32, IR6). My previous attempt was 690 (Q45, V40, IR4). And the attempt before that was 650 (Q48, V31, IR4).
After Q45 I've decided to take gmat.targettestprep.com and my Q49 proved that this decision was heplful.
I strongly recommend this platform not only because of comparatively affordable price (99USD/month), but also because of in-depth, structured, and clear material. ScottTargetTestPrep, you are the best! Thank you!

I can't say that the absence of break between Quant and Verbal is very crucial. But in my case I really struggled with Verbal part. But I understand that the previous months I was not able to concentrate on test-preparation properly, because I felt very exhausted from my year-long GMAT rally (more than 450 hours combined). So at the moment I've decided to take a break and to prepare for TOEFL. I can't wait any longer with my application. Maybe in a couple of months I will take a GMAT once again.
I have a deep gratitude to the community, gmatclub founders, and all contributors. Can't wait for another GameOfTimers!

To conclude, I consider GMAT online test experience very cool. I had no struggles with online whiteboard. So please try the one designed by gmatclub and after a week of practice you will get used to it.

I wish everyone good luck in GMAT online test! Take care. One day we all will have 700+. But the target score for sweet percentile will be 790))).

Q49 is a great score!! If you plan to retake and need any advice, feel free to reach out.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Has anyone found a website that sells a 12 inch x 20 inch erasable whiteboard for the online exam? or close to those measurements?

Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
GMATCoachBen wrote:
sweetlyimproved wrote:
Hi all! I took the GMAT on June 10 09:45 pm with a digital whiteboard, but I can't schedule a retake for my exam with a physical whiteboard yet.

I'm starting to think that I cant reschedule due to the fact that my exam finished on June 11 1:15 am. However, my proctor explicitly told me that I could not use a physical whiteboard...

Is there anyone who can't schedule his online retake yet as well? Just to check if my problem has anything to do with exam finish time

sweetlyimproved I also took mine on June 10th, in the morning, and can't schedule a retake yet. bb, do you know whether others who took it around June 10th have been able to schedule a retake? Do you think we just need to wait a bit longer? Thanks!

Hi! Btw, did you schedule your 1st take after or before the announcement of the physical whiteboard’s availability?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Harsh2111s wrote:
useraaa19 wrote:
Hi

I had the same problem

Any update?

Thanks

bb wrote:

Harsh2111s wrote:
squall89 wrote:
hello

I am facing same issue.

Resolved now.
It will take max 24 hrs for reflecting the personal details that you filled on GMAT official site.
Try login after 24hrs, once you fill all basic details. Server will work just fine.
Hope it helps :)

Sadly, it's been 30 hrs and I still have the error
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Quote:
Sadly, it's been 30 hrs and I still have the error
[/quote]

Clear cache memory and try different browser.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
It would be more helpful if you specify which country you are from. I bought a whiteboard in India for the specifications mentioned on GMAT website.

G2MAT wrote:
Has anyone found a website that sells a 12 inch x 20 inch erasable whiteboard for the online exam? or close to those measurements?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Schools: WBS (A)
Send PM
Hi,
I have few queries. Need an answer to those asap. Please help
1. I have an online GMAT today, scheduled at 11.30 PM. I ran the system test and successfully completed the same. Do i need to do anything else ?
2. under GMAT online appointment option, i don’t see any option to begin exam.
Does the begin exam option comes half an hour earlier to exam or when ?
3. By when should i come in room and start preparing for the formalities ?

Tutor
Affiliations: GMAT Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 856 [2]
Given Kudos: 198
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V44
GMAT 4: 770 Q50 V45 (Online)
GMAT 5: 780 Q51 V48
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
HimanshuRawat651 wrote:
Hi,
I have few queries. Need an answer to those asap. Please help
1. I have an online GMAT today, scheduled at 11.30 PM. I ran the system test and successfully completed the same. Do i need to do anything else ?
2. under GMAT online appointment option, i don’t see any option to begin exam.
Does the begin exam option comes half an hour earlier to exam or when ?
3. By when should i come in room and start preparing for the formalities ?

HimanshuRawat651
1) Just the system test, and making sure the area is free of clutter and any extra monitors are unplugged.

Mba.com says "Please ensure that your desktop is clean and that you are not within arm’s reach of books, notepads, sticky notes, papers, pens, or pencils. If you plan to use a physical whiteboard, have it, your dry erase marker, and eraser ready." (https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/p ... nvironment)

2) Yes, the "Begin Exam" link appears on the far right 30 minutes before your exam time. (First, click the green button in your mba.com account: "Register now or view appointment details". Then, once it links to the pearsonvue.com site, click on the GMAT link, and then you will see the "Begin Exam" link on the right side)

3) You can "Begin Exam" up to 30 minutes before your scheduled time, which is probably recommended just in case you need to troubleshoot any issues. For example, I had to reset my modem because my internet speed surprisingly failed at first. In the mba.com link above, they recommend at least 15 minutes in advance. You will go through the same process as the system test, and then speak to the proctor, who will confirm that your work space is acceptable.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Has anyone noticed that the online gmat is getting extremely hard... I had it done today.. one of the RC on probability is incomprehensible..
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
chalizard0318 wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the online gmat is getting extremely hard... I had it done today.. one of the RC on probability is incomprehensible..

Souvik mentioned a similar observation.... He had to skip a few questions at the end on the last RC. He did walk out with a V42 however. So I am not sure what to make out of it.

Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
chalizard0318 wrote:

It’s a similar question bank! GMAT always had some really challenging RCs.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
[quote]It’s a similar question bank! GMAT always had some really challenging RCs./quote]

It did start out using the same question bank for around two weeks (based on my observation).. now the questions are unique, hard like crazy :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  79   80   81   82   83  ...  183