Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 469
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [2]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
gmat1102 wrote:
I know that not an appropriate thread to ask this question. but still going ahead with it as I did not find one.

Are test-centers in Mumbai operational and has anyone appeared for or will be appearing for test-center based examination in Mumbai?

As per latest info, no they aren't operational, they have been rescheduling or canceling exams.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
souvik101990 wrote:
Used a usb c hub for my mouse and keyboard. No issues at all.

Posted from my mobile device

Great to know!! Thanks!
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2414 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
The green "Register Now or View Appointment Details" button on your mba.com account is certainly not the most intuitive way to get your exam started (within 30 minutes of your exam's start time), but it works.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

By the way, I can confirm that I was able to use a wireless mouse during my GMAT Online without any issue.

Lastly, be persistent: my first attempt at the GMAT Online was cancelled due to my "looking off screen" before the test even started, my scheduled retake (which took 20 days) was 50 minutes late to start and glitched in the middle of the IR section, and my physical whiteboard retake required 3 retries before my exam finally loaded (according to Pearson Vue's error message, it was an internet connection issue, but my internet signal appeared to remain strong the entire time).

BE WILLING TO STARE AT YOURSELF ON SCREEN (OR USE MY TRICK OF SIMPLY CLOSING YOUR EYES!) FOR UP TO AN HOUR OR MORE WHILE WAITING FOR THE TEST TO LOAD, and to have to run OnVue / take a headshot / take photos of your ID and testing room all over again.

Also, beware of having anything on the walls behind you that resembles a human face when taking your headshot:

On my third and final try, I switched to a 5G internet signal instead of my normal (more stable) 4G connection, and voila, it worked.

Yes, I'm aware that my order number / registration ID are on the last picture, but I already took the test, so whatever. :cool:

Good luck to everyone on this test. I'm happy to be done with it.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 21 Jun 2020, 16:00.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 24 Jun 2020, 11:38, edited 11 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
chalizard0318 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
chalizard0318 wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the online gmat is getting extremely hard... I had it done today.. one of the RC on probability is incomprehensible..

It’s a similar question bank! GMAT always had some really challenging RCs.

It did start out using the same question bank for around two weeks (based on my observation).. now the questions are unique, hard like crazy :(

I gave the exam on 13th and found the RCs particularly hard. Have scored 720 (30 points below my last 4 Gmat practice exams) due to verbal screw up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a whiteboard to take the online GMAT, but have lots of issues with a thick marker for solving quant questions. (Its a disadvantage as you have to clean the board often due to writing bigger, and your numbers often get blurry after the ink sets out)

Has anyone had this problem? If anyone could recommend thin erasable markers would be great!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GPA: 4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
strsf wrote:
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a whiteboard to take the online GMAT, but have lots of issues with a thick marker for solving quant questions. (Its a disadvantage as you have to clean the board often due to writing bigger, and your numbers often get blurry after the ink sets out)

Has anyone had this problem? If anyone could recommend thin erasable markers would be great!

Try these.
https://www.amazon.in/Expo-Erase-Marker ... B0006HXJFK
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
I would say a deviation of 30 points is acceptable. Each CAT is unique so we cannot usually compare. Plus the exam score may vary from Prep tests.

question difficulty is always subjective, especially in verbal so cannot comment on that.

Are you planning on retaking?

aryanhooda wrote:
chalizard0318 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
chalizard0318 wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the online gmat is getting extremely hard... I had it done today.. one of the RC on probability is incomprehensible..

It did start out using the same question bank for around two weeks (based on my observation).. now the questions are unique, hard like crazy :(

I gave the exam on 13th and found the RCs particularly hard. Have scored 720 (30 points below my last 4 Gmat practice exams) due to verbal screw up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
obsidianstorm wrote:
I would say a deviation of 30 points is acceptable. Each CAT is unique so we cannot usually compare. Plus the exam score may vary from Prep tests.

question difficulty is always subjective, especially in verbal so cannot comment on that.

aryanhooda wrote:
chalizard0318 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
chalizard0318 wrote:

I do plan to retake once the centers open up or they allow another take of the online at home exam (hopefully they do). I know 20/30 points deviation is expected but I do plan to improve my score, at least give it a try!
Current Student
Send PM
Good luck with that. I am planning to take my exam sometime in the second week of July.

aryanhooda wrote:
obsidianstorm wrote:

aryanhooda wrote:
chalizard0318 wrote:

I do plan to retake once the centers open up or they allow another take of the online at home exam (hopefully they do). I know 20/30 points deviation is expected but I do plan to improve my score, at least give it a try!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
[quote="obsidianstorm"]Good luck with that. I am planning to take my exam sometime in the second week of July.

[quote="aryanhooda"][quote="obsidianstorm"]I would say a deviation of 30 points is acceptable. Each CAT is unique so we cannot usually compare. Plus the exam score may vary from Prep tests.

[quote="aryanhooda"][quote="chalizard0318"]

It did start out using the same question bank for around two weeks (based on my observation).. now the questions are unique, hard like crazy :([/quote]

I gave the exam on 13th and found the RCs particularly hard. Have scored 720 (30 points below my last 4 Gmat practice exams) due to verbal screw up.[/quote][/quote]

I do plan to retake once the centers open up or they allow another take of the online at home exam (hopefully they do). I know 20/30 points deviation is expected but I do plan to improve my score, at least give it a try![/quote][/quote]

Good luck to you too! :)

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hey guys,

I’m looking to write the GMAT online exam this week.

Based on your experiences, when can I expect my scores after completing the exam?

I have an application due on July 1st. Would writing the exam on 26th be pushing it..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39 (Online)
Send PM
MS2020 wrote:
Hey guys,

Based on your experiences, when can I expect my scores after completing the exam?

I have an application due on July 1st. Would writing the exam on 26th be pushing it..

The scores typically come after 7 business days (although in some cases they are updated on the account a bit early) so indeed you would risk not getting your score in time.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
You are pushing it. Some have gotten it in 2 days but GMAC guidance is 7 business days. They don’t say business but that’s kind of what it’s been. Good luck! Hope you are one of the fast folks.

But you can also perhaps put in an anticipated score and then email adcom once your score is available to update it. But it will be pretty stinky if you ya e to revise it down ?

MS2020 wrote:
Hey guys,

Current Student
Send PM
bb, How do say say the GMAT Club prep test scores scales with the actual result? I need to know if I am ready for the exam.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
obsidianstorm wrote:
bb, How do say say the GMAT Club prep test scores scales with the actual result? I need to know if I am ready for the exam.

I think there is no way. I even got to score Q50 on gmat club but Q43 on the real thing...
I’m not a gmat guru... this is just my opinion. Stick to official questions and keep and error log...
kNow what are the most difficult topics for you and focus on that...
This “method” helped me to improve on quant

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
GMATCoachBen wrote:
HimanshuRawat651 wrote:
Hi,
I have few queries. Need an answer to those asap. Please help
1. I have an online GMAT today, scheduled at 11.30 PM. I ran the system test and successfully completed the same. Do i need to do anything else ?
2. under GMAT online appointment option, i don’t see any option to begin exam.
Does the begin exam option comes half an hour earlier to exam or when ?
3. By when should i come in room and start preparing for the formalities ?

HimanshuRawat651
1) Just the system test, and making sure the area is free of clutter and any extra monitors are unplugged.

Mba.com says "Please ensure that your desktop is clean and that you are not within arm’s reach of books, notepads, sticky notes, papers, pens, or pencils. If you plan to use a physical whiteboard, have it, your dry erase marker, and eraser ready." (https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/p ... nvironment)

2) Yes, the "Begin Exam" link appears on the far right 30 minutes before your exam time. (First, click the green button in your mba.com account: "Register now or view appointment details". Then, once it links to the pearsonvue.com site, click on the GMAT link, and then you will see the "Begin Exam" link on the right side)

3) You can "Begin Exam" up to 30 minutes before your scheduled time, which is probably recommended just in case you need to troubleshoot any issues. For example, I had to reset my modem because my internet speed surprisingly failed at first. In the mba.com link above, they recommend at least 15 minutes in advance. You will go through the same process as the system test, and then speak to the proctor, who will confirm that your work space is acceptable.

Hi Ben! Did you figure out your problem on scheduling your retake? I cannot contact GMAC in any way.
Hope we can figure it out. Best,

I also sent you an inbox if you wish to join a https://gmatclub.com/chat group with people in a similar problem
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
patto wrote:
obsidianstorm wrote:

I think there is no way. I even got to score Q50 on gmat club but Q43 on the real thing...
I’m not a gmat guru... this is just my opinion. Stick to official questions and keep and error log...
kNow what are the most difficult topics for you and focus on that...
This “method” helped me to improve on quant

I disagree, I believe than in Quant if you are able to do GMAT Club CATs on time with a 48-51 range it should be quite similar (from my experience, I actually never scored 50 in GMATClubt but on the official did 50 & 49). I believe that Manhattan also is a good indicator because of their extra difficulty (but it is true that you hardly will encounter so many hard geometry or super hard problems on the real one).

The error log is good, and official questions are best, but I believe you can go an extra mile with the GMAT Club material.

Regards,
Pablo
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  80   81   82   83   84  ...  183