GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 01:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 640 Q47 V31
GRE 1: Q155 V155
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Jul 2020, 11:47
GMAT ONLINE - EVERYTHING WE KNOW!
(this post is stickied at the top to provide a quick reference about GMAT Online)

• Online exam registration is $200 USD; there is no cost to reschedule even if you miss the test
  • Appointment dates are available beginning April 20, 2020, until June 15, 2020, July 17, 2020, Aug 14, 2020, Dec 31, 2020
  • Physical dry-erase white-board is allowed
Spoiler: :: Click to Expand full summary

• The GMAT™ Online exam can be taken on both Windows and Mac personal computers and laptops. Tablets are NOT allowed
  • The sections are as follows:
    31 Quantitative / 62 minutes
    36 Verbal / 65 minutes
    12 IR / 30 minutes
    *Please note that the Section Order for the GMAT ™ Online exam is fixed at this time as Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning
  • You will be allowed one, optional 5-minute break before you begin the Integrated Reasoning section.
  • Unlike the in-person exam at a testing center, the GMAT™ Online exam does not permit the use of a whiteboard during the exam. To assist you with the ability to take notes and/or draw shapes, there is an online whiteboard feature you can access during the exam. To learn more about Whiteboards, or Try one in action, see GMAT Club's Master Whiteboard Discussion
  • Tablets are also forbidden. Devices must have a physical keyboard
  • Touchscreens are a controversial item. Originally GMAC said touchscreens were forbidden. However, later they relaxed the requirements and are permitting use of touchscreens but not using touchscreens for the whiteboard
  • When you complete the exam, you will not receive a score immediately. Scores available in 7 days
  • Scores cannot be canceled
  • You can choose to send your scores to Schools (unlimited number) AFTER seeing the score instead of before taking the test (positive change)
  • Your online GMAT scores will NOT show up in the regular score reports and vice versa - New!
  • You can only take 1 GMAT Online test
  • Full details here: https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/gmat-online-experience/about-the-gmat-online
  • You cannot get ESR report to analyze your performance https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-questions/gmat-online-exam#question27

Whiteboard Questions

GMAT Online Debriefs

Originally posted by mykrasovski on 23 Mar 2020, 11:37.
Last edited by bb on 22 Jul 2020, 11:47, edited 90 times in total.
Update
Intern
Intern
B
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 05:54
I do not have Activated windows for my PC. Pearson ONVUE test is passed.

Am I good to go for gmat online exam? It's on 7th of this month.

Kindly advice.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 06:12
GauravSJ wrote:
I do not have Activated windows for my PC. Pearson ONVUE test is passed.

Am I good to go for gmat online exam? It's on 7th of this month.

Kindly advice.

Yes, I used MacOS on my macbook yesterday. Thats ok.

I think his question was different, he has windows but it's not activated. I dont think it matters. But someone who has done it can confirm.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GPA: 4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 06:29
While booking test, below regulation appear
Quote:
By accessing this website and ticking this box you signify that you understand, acknowledge and agree that if any third party is: 1) detected as being present in your physical location, whether visible or not; or 2) overheard in any manner, whether physically detected through movement and making of noise or through sounds irrespective of whether they are in your current location or not during your testing session, the test will be terminated and you will not receive any score or in the event you’ve completed the test and received a score your score may be invalidated or revoked.

There is occasional noise from vegetables vendors outside my house.The noise can be heard even if I close all doors and windows.
Will it affect my exam looking at point 2(bold line).
Have anyone experienced such issue ?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 06:39
Harsh2111s wrote:
Quote:
By accessing this website and ticking this box you signify that you understand, acknowledge and agree that if any third party is: 1) detected as being present in your physical location, whether visible or not; or 2) overheard in any manner, whether physically detected through movement and making of noise or through sounds irrespective of whether they are in your current location or not during your testing session, the test will be terminated and you will not receive any score or in the event you’ve completed the test and received a score your score may be invalidated or revoked.

There is occasional noise from vegetables vendors outside my house.The noise can be heard even if I close all doors and windows.

This depends on two things:
One, the proctor. What level of noise is problematic for him/her.
Second, your computer's microphone. Does it detect the indirect sounds like those. I know many latest pc and laptop microphones are good at detecting only your voice. You can try this out by recording the audio and listening to it.
Good luck.

Manager
Manager
G
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 07:44
Sometimes it is difficult for my friends to hear when I am slightly away from the laptop. And I have a very high-end laptop. So I do not think outside noises shouldn't matter much. You can do one thing though. Cover your windows with a thick rug which will dampen the sound.

Or you can start audio recording on your laptop and go outside and try to imitate the sounds and see if it registers on the laptop.

---------
Hit kudos if this helped.

Harsh2111s wrote:
Quote:

"If you fit in, you disappear" - Tetris
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 08:50
I took the gmat online a few days ago. No score report yet, I don’t think. Can someone screenshot for me where it appears? It’s supposed to have “view score report” in “my account” but i don’t see that and also wondering where I need to go, in mba.com or in the Pearsonvue looking site where the online gmat account seems to be housed somewhat separately. Thanks!

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Krannert '22 (A)
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 09:14
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
I took the gmat online a few days ago. No score report yet, I don’t think. Can someone screenshot for me where it appears? It’s supposed to have “view score report” in “my account” but i don’t see that and also wondering where I need to go, in mba.com or in the Pearsonvue looking site where the online gmat account seems to be housed somewhat separately. Thanks!

The only way you can view your scores is through an email. You won't be able to view it in my score section for online GMAT
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 09:22
anupamc wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

The only way you can view your scores is through an email. You won't be able to view it in my score section for online GMAT

Thanks for the quick response! I thought I read somewhere people had their scores appear in their account before they were emailed..? Is that not the case anymore (or never was lol).
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 09:25
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
anupamc wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response! I thought I read somewhere people had their scores appear in their account before they were emailed..? Is that not the case anymore (or never was lol).

Thanks for submitting your EA percentiles by the way Parttimembayer!

Originally you could not see the scores online. However about a month ago, GMAT has made a change and now you can actually see your score on mba.com

You can Now even verify your scores on GMAT Club and that change has made it possible :-)

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 09:27
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

You will find a button "View GMAT Online Score" under My Account section of your profile once you get your score.
In addition , you will get a mail also when the score is published.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 09:47
Thank you! It must not be available yet since I don’t see that option (and haven’t received an email)

Intern
Intern
B
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 10:21
I want to re-take the GMAT for R1. If I take the online GMAT and the score is lower than my current score, what happens? I’ve heard that one can’t cancel the online GMAT scores. Does that mean I’ll be worse off than before because now I have a lower score on that cannot be cancelled on record after my first score ? Will the schools come to know if I took the online GMAT?

Manager
Manager
G
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 10:30
ShrutiShivnani1 wrote:
I want to re-take the GMAT for R1. If I take the online GMAT and the score is lower than my current score, what happens? I’ve heard that one can’t cancel the online GMAT scores. Does that mean I’ll be worse off than before because now I have a lower score on that cannot be cancelled on record after my first score ? Will the schools come to know if I took the online GMAT?

The higher score will be considered. It doesn't matter if you get a lower score. Your old higher score will be sent out. If you send your online gmat score the schools will know as there will be no AWA score but this isn't an issue as online is valid.

---------
Hit kudos if this helped you.

"If you fit in, you disappear" - Tetris
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 11:21
obsidianstorm wrote:
ShrutiShivnani1 wrote:

The higher score will be considered. It doesn't matter if you get a lower score. Your old higher score will be sent out. If you send your online gmat score the schools will know as there will be no AWA score but this isn't an issue as online is valid.

---------
Hit kudos if this helped you.

Thankyou. So to clarify, if I get a lower score, I don't send it to schools (since there is no option to cancel), and schools don't get to know that I took the online GMAT. Accurate?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 11:26
Just as an aside, I find this somewhat comical and also ridiculous the amount of anxiety that is being created by the perception of what adcoms think about your gmat testing. This is not a dig at anyone on here but more like that I just feel really sorry for anyone where this is causing them so much stress to worry about this.

It is really absurd to think an adcom would judge someone for taking the gmat, even as many times as they possibly could, to get the best score they can to get into the best business school they can with that score. Which, based on how many people worry about this, is seemingly a real possibility. How well you do on the test varies from test to test as there is randomness involved in which questions you get and when on the exam - it should almost be expected people take it as many times as they can within their financial budget to maximize their score.

And yet here we are, people worrying about this exact situation because of how much pressure this whole process has them experiencing.

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 11:43
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
Just as an aside, I find this somewhat comical and also ridiculous the amount of anxiety that is being created by the perception of what adcoms think about your gmat testing. This is not a dig at anyone on here but more like that I just feel really sorry for anyone where this is causing them so much stress to worry about this.

It is really absurd to think an adcom would judge someone for taking the gmat, even as many times as they possibly could, to get the best score they can to get into the best business school they can with that score. Which, based on how many people worry about this, is seemingly a real possibility. How well you do on the test varies from test to test as there is randomness involved in which questions you get and when on the exam - it should almost be expected people take it as many times as they can within their financial budget to maximize their score.

And yet here we are, people worrying about this exact situation because of how much pressure this whole process has them experiencing.

I definitely think there's a need to STOP judging people and not project your beliefs onto others. Be it me (given that your post was immediately after mine) or anyone. Given the amount of effort that goes into the whole application process, I don't see ANY harm in people confirming things if it puts their minds to ease. You may feel sorry for these people, but I don't think anyone should really care what you think. If one has a question, by all means, ASK. This platform was created for this very reason, so please stop spreading this vibe.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 02 Jul 2020, 11:54
ShrutiShivnani1 wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

I definitely think there's a need to STOP judging people and not project your beliefs onto others. Be it me (given that your post was immediately after mine) or anyone. Given the amount of effort that goes into the whole application process, I don't see ANY harm in people confirming things if it puts their minds to ease. You may feel sorry for these people, but I don't think anyone should really care what you think. If one has a question, by all means, ASK. This platform was created for this very reason, so please stop spreading this vibe.

Hey I think my post was misinterpreted a bit. I am by no means judging you for asking these questions. You are completely correct that’s what these forums are meant for!

I was only stating that it is just terrible on our health the amount of stress this admissions process has on us, especially over something like how many times you take the gmat when it seems like you should almost be encouraged to take it as many times as you need to get the best score you can, but it seems like that isn’t the case and I just really feel bad that people are going through so much stress about this whole process.

Please do not feel attacked or judged by my original post, quite the opposite is what my intentions were.

I would add that my first sentence about it being “comical and ridiculous” is a statement about the opaqueness of the process, not at all targeted at people on here or applicants trying to jump through all the hoops to get admitted!

Originally posted by ParttimeMBAer856 on 02 Jul 2020, 11:50.
Last edited by ParttimeMBAer856 on 02 Jul 2020, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 11:54
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
ShrutiShivnani1 wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:

Hey I think my post was misinterpreted a bit. I am by no means judging you for asking these questions. You are completely correct that’s what these forums are meant for!

I was only stating that it is just terrible on our health the amount of stress this admissions process has on us, especially over something like how many times you take the gmat when it seems like you should almost be encouraged to take it as many times as you need to get the best score you can, but it seems like that isn’t the case and I just really feel bad that people are going through so much stress about this whole process.

Please do not feel attacked or judged by my original post, quite the opposite is what my intentions were.

Thanks for clarifying, because the way the original post was worded was definitely not that positive. I do however agree with you that it is stressful to juggle essays, re-takes, LORs, and a 14 hr workday. So its only natural to freak out! Esp. with uncertainties about the applicant pool and your relative position given the uncertainities this year. After all, we're only human!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 11:55
Yes apologies! I just added what the “comical and ridiculous” was targeted at but I do see how it might have initially come off and thus set the stage for how the rest of the post was interpreted. I am glad we had this chat lol. Totally understand how we are all a bit on edge!

Manager
Manager
B
Schools: Tuck '22, ISB'21, Rotman

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 12:01
I find reading out loud more comfortable instead of reading something in my mind. Helps me get a better understanding of things. So if I'm reading out loud during my GMAT Online will that be a problem? And how many warnings does the proctor give?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]   [#permalink] 02 Jul 2020, 12:01

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  89   90   91   92   93  ...  113    Next  [ 2260 posts ] 

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep