GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 19:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Technical Failure

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
GMAT Technical Failure [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2018, 15:32
I had the worst test day experience ever; the GMAT system went down after i finished the quant and verbal part where i thought i did really well. I waited for over 2 hours for them to reconnect to the server so i would be able to finish the exam. After over 2 hours they managed to do so but because the time of my exam was running in the background my exam was gone. I am so devastated and upset, i studied for over 6 months for this day and i spent half of the time just waiting in a boring waiting room with no access to any sort of entertainment. I was provided with an incident number but after calling the GMAT customer service they told me they can't to anything for the next 3-5 business days as they have to analyse the incident first. My problem is, this was the only time I am able to take the exam, I am flying on a 3months backpack trip on monday. Moreover, I tried to rebook an exam for when ill be in Dubai, willing to give up a day of my travelling, however due to their 16 days policy, i am not able to rebook the exam. I am so so upset and angry and devastated ... anyone else had an issue like this before? i tried to contact them through email etc. but nothing they can do for me :(
Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: GMAT Technical Failure [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2018, 19:51
Ugh, that sounds awful. Unfortunately, things like this happen sometimes. Generally speaking, they'll offer you a free retake in situations like these, but they don't typically waive the 16-day waiting period, because you're likely to see some repeat questions if you retake it soon, and that would give you an "unfair" advantage.

(Though my personal opinion is that you probably deserve an "unfair" advantage. But that's just my opinion.)

In any case, keep calling them to harass them for a resolution, and explain your situation. You never know, they might decide to give you a chance to retake when you're in Dubai.

Good luck with everything, and welcome to GMAT Club! And please let us know what happens.

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor @ www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | GMAT blog | Food blog | Notoriously bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

YouTube LIVE verbal webinars
Series 1: Fundamentals of SC & CR | Series 2: Developing a Winning GMAT Mindset

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post. Priority is always given to official GMAT questions.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal

Expert Post
Target Test Prep Representative
G
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 18:56
af00386 wrote:
I had the worst test day experience ever; the GMAT system went down after i finished the quant and verbal part where i thought i did really well. I waited for over 2 hours for them to reconnect to the server so i would be able to finish the exam. After over 2 hours they managed to do so but because the time of my exam was running in the background my exam was gone. I am so devastated and upset, i studied for over 6 months for this day and i spent half of the time just waiting in a boring waiting room with no access to any sort of entertainment. I was provided with an incident number but after calling the GMAT customer service they told me they can't to anything for the next 3-5 business days as they have to analyse the incident first. My problem is, this was the only time I am able to take the exam, I am flying on a 3months backpack trip on monday. Moreover, I tried to rebook an exam for when ill be in Dubai, willing to give up a day of my travelling, however due to their 16 days policy, i am not able to rebook the exam. I am so so upset and angry and devastated ... anyone else had an issue like this before? i tried to contact them through email etc. but nothing they can do for me :(

Wow, that does sound terrible. I agree that you should keep calling GMAT, and also try to escalate your issue to someone as high up as possible, so they can do what they need to to help. Certainly keep us updated on the outcome.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Director
Director
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 22:52
af00386 wrote:

Hi
Sorry to hear of your awful experience. It seriously is frustrating. They will give you a retake but the 16 day period is a bottleneck in your case. Keep calling them and sending mails. Hope something good happens. All the best.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 00:16
Sorry to hear that you had to go through this experience. If you haven't already tried the GMAC Chat option online - do try that. They're super quick and efficient on chat. I had issues with my exam center too and the chat option worked well in my case (I'm from India).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
D
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 02:39
random49

Can you please share the chat link? I was unable to find it on mba.com. TIA.

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 04:50
Hi adkikani

Once you log on to mba(dot)com, go to the 'Contact Us' section.
Look to the bottom right of the page of the 'Contact Us' section. You will find the chat service there.
Note that the chat service is open only from Monday to Friday between 8 AM and 5 PM CT.

Hope this helps!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 21:20
Sorry to hear about that bud!!

Hearing about such cases every week now, sorry for everyone that has to go through such an ordeal on their D-day.

It will be helpful, if you can provide the details of the Test center, i think most of the recent cases reported are from Mumbai & New Delhi.

Is there any update from GMAC? I hope they have given you a free retake.

Thanks,
GyM
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2018, 06:09
Unfortunately still no updates yet ... and its been exactly a week now! I called them multiple times and emailed every possible address out there but they said i would have to wait 3-5 business days so that they can review the case ... I am not too sure whats to review there, it was clearly a technical failure. Its been 5 business days now though and still no update nor a refund! I am very unhappy with GMAC and how they have handled this situation.
Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2018, 11:26
I'm not surprised, unfortunately. There's been a very noticeable dropoff in GMAC's customer service in these situations over the past five or ten years. I have a growing pile of disturbing stories, sadly.

Keep on them, af00386! They'll eventually do the right thing.

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor @ www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | GMAT blog | Food blog | Notoriously bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

YouTube LIVE verbal webinars
Series 1: Fundamentals of SC & CR | Series 2: Developing a Winning GMAT Mindset

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post. Priority is always given to official GMAT questions.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal

Re: GMAT Technical Failure   [#permalink] 12 Jul 2018, 11:26

GMAT Technical Failure

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR JULY
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap