GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 23:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 208
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2014, 03:35
jkaustubh wrote:
Still no news form GBS, regarding the interview for me, anybody else in the same boat as me??



Same here buddy. And I believe there are lot of others.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Location: Armenia
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2014, 04:48
rohitowe3 wrote:
alexkirakosyan wrote:
Hi everybody!!!! I've applied for R2 and have received an interview invitation!!! Going to have it on January 23rd.
P.S. Anybody from Armenia? :D :D


Hey congratulations and all the best for your interview.
When did you get the invite?


Thanks a lot!!!! I've received it on 23rd of December.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2014, 09:27
kunzi wrote:
jkaustubh wrote:
Still no news form GBS, regarding the interview for me, anybody else in the same boat as me??



Same here buddy. And I believe there are lot of others.

I believe their small batch size gives them the luxury of being very selective. However, lets not lose hope till the OPUS status shows a denial :thumbup: :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Nov 2013
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Reviews Badge
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2014, 00:58
Hi fellow applicants! Do you guys know when we should be hearing back regarding interviews for R3 applicants?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Sigh.
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 245
Location: India
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2014, 01:00
meeeshelleee wrote:
Hi fellow applicants! Do you guys know when we should be hearing back regarding interviews for R3 applicants?


Man, many of R2 applicants (November round) haven't heard back from them yet! The decision date is 30th Jan!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Nov 2013
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Reviews Badge
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2014, 01:08
kaustubhkul wrote:
meeeshelleee wrote:
Hi fellow applicants! Do you guys know when we should be hearing back regarding interviews for R3 applicants?


Man, many of R2 applicants (November round) haven't heard back from them yet! The decision date is 30th Jan!


oh lol, my bad! sorry for the over eagerness! good luck, R2!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.9
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2014, 12:40
Some2609 wrote:
Hey Thanks Zumbido for the experience. I am thinking of applying the same strategy here. I won't be visiting the campus and I have opted for the web-based interview through skype. I am absolutely NOT exposed to video conferencing and I hope I don't struggle to place the cam properly :P .

It's good to know that your interview went well and I hope it was fairly conversational. I have scheduled mine with Katie Lloyd way past midnight my time and so I am making a habit of staying up late. To be honest, if it's just about verbally expressing my application attributes, I guess I will be fine. However, I hear that's not the case always, and I am quite nervous.

Thanks again anyway, and wish me luck! :) Are you an R2 applicant?


Glad to lend insight! I applied in the November round. I was in the same boat regarding web cams. Kellogg's application has a video component and I was afraid I wouldn't use it correctly. I actually practiced using my camera function via Hangouts in Gmail just to make sure I could tell when it was on! I would definitely ask a friend to set something up through Skype just so that's one less thing to be nervous about leading up to the interview. Check the sound and frame reach so you know where to sit and that your microphone is recording at a reasonable level.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.9
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2014, 12:48
kaustubhkul wrote:
meeeshelleee wrote:
Hi fellow applicants! Do you guys know when we should be hearing back regarding interviews for R3 applicants?


Man, many of R2 applicants (November round) haven't heard back from them yet! The decision date is 30th Jan!


Wow I can't believe they would leave so many applicants hanging like that. With the decision date 2 weeks away they should definitely have contacted them one way or the other. The only explanation is that maybe they have a relatively small applicant pool (compared to other top schools) so they can afford to move quickly at the last minute? That's not really an excuse, but I can't think of why they would wait so long. Has anyone tried to contact them? If the above explanation is plausible, then they can also afford to respond to inquiries from applicants who don't know if they're dinged or are just going to be interviewed on Jan 29.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 May 2013
Posts: 60
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2014, 13:14
Think they have only a few invites left, nothing else explains this. Time to consider a ding.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 184
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2014, 13:22
vjcfc wrote:
Think they have only a few invites left, nothing else explains this. Time to consider a ding.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk


After looking at the past few year's threads, it looks like they do waitlist without interview, but that seems to be more of the exception than the norm.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 184
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2014, 12:27
How are the international applicants holding up? Any interview invites this week?

What about domestic?

Looks like the decision date is less than 2 weeks away.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Sigh.
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 245
Location: India
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2014, 12:44
CMcAboy wrote:
How are the international applicants holding up? Any interview invites this week?

What about domestic?

Looks like the decision date is less than 2 weeks away.


Exactly! 30th Jan is decision date so it looks like a ding (November round here) for me.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: MBA Candidate, Class of 2017
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 191
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2014, 20:21
kaustubhkul wrote:
CMcAboy wrote:
How are the international applicants holding up? Any interview invites this week?

What about domestic?

Looks like the decision date is less than 2 weeks away.


Exactly! 30th Jan is decision date so it looks like a ding (November round here) for me.


No information from GBS. Same here. Looks like a ding for me too
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2014, 21:36
1
jkaustubh wrote:
kaustubhkul wrote:
CMcAboy wrote:
How are the international applicants holding up? Any interview invites this week?

What about domestic?

Looks like the decision date is less than 2 weeks away.


Exactly! 30th Jan is decision date so it looks like a ding (November round here) for me.


No information from GBS. Same here. Looks like a ding for me too

I personally feel that applicants deserve to know about a ding if the school has decided upon it. It would be very strange from such a top-notch school to wait till the end to inform about a ding. So I am still hopeful!! :punk
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 184
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2014, 21:44
@rohitowe3 - Yeah, I agree, that is very strange.

I didn't see many interview invites go out for this round. Just a few on the forums.
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 285
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2014, 22:23
rohitowe3 wrote:
I personally feel that applicants deserve to know about a ding if the school has decided upon it. It would be very strange from such a top-notch school to wait till the end to inform about a ding. So I am still hopeful!! :punk


Hey Rohit,

I understand your perspective. We all think the same. However schools do not have a magic wand to decided whether a person is a ding or not. Lot of factors came in. Class composition, yield rate, GMAT score, fit, and what not. I guess very few applicants would be straight away dings. By telling them immediately will create lot of chaos and conspiracy theories. I think it is in everyone's best interests to get the decision on the decision date.

But yes, I feel for us. We get a very rough deal in the entire process.

Thanks,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2014, 12:18
prodizy wrote:
rohitowe3 wrote:
I personally feel that applicants deserve to know about a ding if the school has decided upon it. It would be very strange from such a top-notch school to wait till the end to inform about a ding. So I am still hopeful!! :punk


Hey Rohit,

I understand your perspective. We all think the same. However schools do not have a magic wand to decided whether a person is a ding or not. Lot of factors came in. Class composition, yield rate, GMAT score, fit, and what not. I guess very few applicants would be straight away dings. By telling them immediately will create lot of chaos and conspiracy theories. I think it is in everyone's best interests to get the decision on the decision date.

But yes, I feel for us. We get a very rough deal in the entire process.

Thanks,
Prodizy

Hey Prodigy,

Thanks for your comment. I think we have a misunderstanding here: I only meant that the school might still be in the process of deciding :) , and had they already decided about the ding, it would have been strange not to tell.
Hope I cleared myself!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Apr 2013
Posts: 18
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.22
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2014, 03:53
I made a wrong move - requesting GMAT and TOEFL score after submitting the applications... now it's still got two items in to-do-list and I am not sure if my application will be reviewed with something pending... anyone share same issue..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2014, 11:23
Hi fellow applicants,

I am a R3 applicant and when I visit OPUS, I see 1 in my to-do list. On accessing it displays, interview initiated. I am not sure how to interpret it; does anyone else have this interview initiated status in their to-do list?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2014, 11:48
caspers wrote:
I made a wrong move - requesting GMAT and TOEFL score after submitting the applications... now it's still got two items in to-do-list and I am not sure if my application will be reviewed with something pending... anyone share same issue..

I had 2 to-do items as well. I mailed the admission committee and they were extremely supportive and responded immediately. I was confirmed that my application is considered in this round.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 19 Jan 2014, 11:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  25    Next  [ 483 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: RicAssassin






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne