Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
jumsumtak wrote:
lindalibinbin wrote:
What do people here respond to the question of which other institution are you applying to? It says it's only for statistical reasons, but I really don't want to tell them what other programs I'm applying to. I don't want them to start making assumptions on whether or not Haas is a backup (it's not, but I don't want to risk it).

Don't say you're not applying to any. They will also receive your GMAT score card, which will have a list of 5 schools. Also, don't say you like small class environment and the other school you're applying to is H or W. Be coherent with your story.

Well I didn't send my score to any schools when I did my GMAT, my official score report is blank on that section. I wonder if they have any way of finding out what I'm actually applying to.
VP
VP
Send PM
lindalibinbin wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:
lindalibinbin wrote:
What do people here respond to the question of which other institution are you applying to? It says it's only for statistical reasons, but I really don't want to tell them what other programs I'm applying to. I don't want them to start making assumptions on whether or not Haas is a backup (it's not, but I don't want to risk it).

Don't say you're not applying to any. They will also receive your GMAT score card, which will have a list of 5 schools. Also, don't say you like small class environment and the other school you're applying to is H or W. Be coherent with your story.

Well I didn't send my score to any schools when I did my GMAT, my official score report is blank on that section. I wonder if they have any way of finding out what I'm actually applying to.

I dont think they do. But, it will be hard to believe that you are only applying to Haas. I don't see much harm putting in names there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Send PM
Is Haas the only school requiring TOEFL for Indians this year? I didn't find TOEFL requirement for UCLA specifically pointing out Indian students, even if the under-grad school taught only in English.
VP
VP
Send PM
Indya wrote:
Is Haas the only school requiring TOEFL for Indians this year? I didn't find TOEFL requirement for UCLA specifically pointing out Indian students, even if the under-grad school taught only in English.

Out of the US top 15, I don't think anyone else requires a TOEFL. Most of them waive the requirement if your UG was taught only in English.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
Indya wrote:

Out of the US top 15, I don't think anyone else requires a TOEFL. Most of them waive the requirement if your UG was taught only in English.

Exactly! Most Indians study in programs which are taught entirely in English (Thanks to the queens reign for most of her riches)
What surprises me is that within UC there are multiple takes on this matter and it is kind of frustrating to give the TOEFL just for the sake of one school! Especially, when you have GMAT AWA, GMAT verbal and most importantly a face-to-face interview to assess all the literary abilities of a candidate!

Worse, its coming from Haas, one of the most practical programs out there! Hope the queen intervenes and gives me a better thing to cheer for than the new born prince.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
lindalibinbin wrote:

Just put list a couple of schools in the same ranking range or with similar curriculums (i.e Duke).

Even if you list schools on your gmat report that doesn't mean you're applying to them. I sent my scores to Harvard the first time but I'm not applying to them.

Sent from Cloud City
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Online chat with Berkeley Haas admissions is going on right now:

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/chat.html
VP
VP
Send PM
essaysnark wrote:
Online chat with Berkeley Haas admissions is going on right now:

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/chat.html

Did anyone save a copy of the transcripts or knows when it will be uploaded on the website?

Thanks!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Their Java chat window won't let you copy content but they said that a transcript would go up on their site soon. We live-tweeted it, you can see highlights on our Twitter stream.

EssaySnark
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FWI everyone, class visit registration is open
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
Send PM
Heading to Berkeley for visit soon. Does anyone have a good hotel recommendation? Don't need to cheapest place, but don't want to break the bank on this either. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
FYI for international applicants regarding TOEFL.

From Haas's website:
Quote:
For fall 2014 admission, we only accept official scores from exams taken on or after June 1, 2012.

All other schools I've looked into will accept scores as long as they are within 2 years of the application deadline. I've emailed Haas about this and they will not make any exceptions. I took my TOEFL in March 2012, which is valid for other schools but not Haas. What a bummer.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
westsidah408 wrote:

From Haas's website:
Quote:
For fall 2014 admission, we only accept official scores from exams taken on or after June 1, 2012.

All other schools I've looked into will accept scores as long as they are within 2 years of the application deadline. I've emailed Haas about this and they will not make any exceptions. I took my TOEFL in March 2012, which is valid for other schools but not Haas. What a bummer.

Oh geez. What a pain. Sorry to hear this.
VP
VP
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:
westsidah408 wrote:

From Haas's website:
Quote:

Oh geez. What a pain. Sorry to hear this.

Agree. Pain it is. Especially, if you're from one of the over-rep demographic, even finding a slot could be a challenge.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Anyone going to the Diversity Weekend, next Saturday?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
HoopDreams wrote:
Heading to Berkeley for visit soon. Does anyone have a good hotel recommendation? Don't need to cheapest place, but don't want to break the bank on this either. Thanks.

Quality Inn .. Clean Cheap, free parking and breakfast .
I took a 15$ taxi to Haas. no parking near campus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
dormor wrote:
HoopDreams wrote:

Quality Inn .. Clean Cheap, free parking and breakfast .
I took a 15$ taxi to Haas. no parking near campus.

I used Quality Inn for Days@Haas last year and had no complains -- it's an easy cab ride, walkable if you're ambitious, and there's a bus stop right across the street that for $2.10 drops you a half block from Haas. When I came to Berkeley to apartment hunt this summer I used airbnb and had a great experience for half the price of Quality Inn, so you might want to explore that option too.

Enjoy your visit!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts