Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT Date: 11-17-2009
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
iimba wrote:
I've been invited to Super Saturday. Does anyone know much about this? Is this where all interviews with Haas take place? How many are invited to interview with Haas and how many typically are accepted from that pool?

Any insight would be appreciated. I know there are much better informed applicants out there than me.

Isn't super saturday only for consortium applicants (I could be wrong about this)? I interviewed during the week and am not a consortium applicant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
dilbert99 wrote:
iimba wrote:
I've been invited to Super Saturday. Does anyone know much about this? Is this where all interviews with Haas take place? How many are invited to interview with Haas and how many typically are accepted from that pool?

Any insight would be appreciated. I know there are much better informed applicants out there than me.

Isn't super saturday only for consortium applicants (I could be wrong about this)? I interviewed during the week and am not a consortium applicant.

From my understanding, Super Saturday isn't only for Consortium applicants. I applied R2 and have not heard back a word from Haas (except those mass emails), so am wondering if they are going to roll out non-Super Saturday interviews soon...

Did you apply R1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT Date: 11-17-2009
Send PM
dilbert99 wrote:
iimba wrote:

No. I'm not a consortium applicant and I was invited. I think it is mostly for non-Bay area US applicants (but not necessarily ALL non-Bay area US applicants).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
myvitalsign wrote:
dilbert99 wrote:
iimba wrote:

From my understanding, Super Saturday isn't only for Consortium applicants. I applied R2 and have not heard back a word from Haas (except those mass emails), so am wondering if they are going to roll out non-Super Saturday interviews soon...

Did you apply R1?

Yes I applied in R1 and interviewed. I received my invite about a month after the deadline. I'm not a Bay Area applicant. They keep invites rolling out right until the notification date, so I wouldn't stress about not receiving one yet. They might even still be sending R1 interview invites.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Interesting, my status just changed from "invited to interview" to "application under review" and it says I will be contacted by the decision date about the final decision. I guess this means they have finished all the interviews for R1? The waiting is killing me, even worse than before I got the invite. Good luck everyone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
dilbert99 wrote:
Interesting, my status just changed from "invited to interview" to "application under review" and it says I will be contacted by the decision date about the final decision. I guess this means they have finished all the interviews for R1? The waiting is killing me, even worse than before I got the invite. Good luck everyone

Same here - my status changed as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
machichi wrote:
jay4den wrote:
Can someone kindly let me know which airport is more advisable to fly into if I am going to Haas campus ? I was invited to Super Saturday and trying to plan my trip. Also , if there's anyone who is attending and is willing to split a hotel room to mitigate costs should feel free to PM me.

Oakland is the easiest choice and it is often cheaper too. It's about 20 minutes to campus. If you do go through SFO you will be about an hour drive (more with traffic) from Berkeley.

How does one get invited to super saturday? Does the admissions committee send out the invites? Is it before or after your application?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
I'm not sure I got something here - the decision deadline for R2 is Feb. 21st.
By that date all R2 applicants will get a final answer (accepted\denied)? Or just a Denied\interview invitation?
I assume the former is the correct one, so how come interviews invitations should go out "till the deadline"?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
dilbert99 wrote:

That's strange.. They never let you schedule the interview? I'd call the office and seek clarification
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Moodyz wrote:
dilbert99 wrote:

That's strange.. They never let you schedule the interview? I'd call the office and seek clarification

Sorry, to clarify - I already interviewed. After you interview, your status remains "invited to interview" although the interview scheduler dissapears after you schedule the interview. The "invited to interview" status just changed on Thursday or Friday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
I'm not sure I got something here - the decision deadline for R2 is Feb. 21st.
By that date all R2 applicants will get a final answer (accepted\denied)? Or just a Denied\interview invitation?
I assume the former is the correct one, so how come interviews invitations should go out "till the deadline"?

Thanks!

They keep conducting interviews until just a few days before the notification date. However, I suspect the majority of the interviews are done a few weeks before the notification date. I've heard some crazy stories of people getting interview invitations just 2-3 days before the notification date though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am a round 2 applicant. Submitted my app last day. No call yet. International applicant.

I participated in Haas video contest and won in 2 categories and was given the option to choose from below three prizes. I choose first two. I was wondering since I have already submitted the app, was choosing second option wise or not. Anyone has any idea if this has any direct or indirect impact on admission.

Appreciate help!

· Call with Executive Director Stephanie Fujii

· Essay review session with an Admissions Committee Member

· Mock interview session with an Admissions Committee Member
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I don't think selecting the essay review was wise as you will not be able to act upon the feedback provided. It will more than likely just make you insecure to know there are things you could have done or worded better.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I received a confirmation for Super Saturday attendance this past weekend.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
kingfalcon wrote:
I don't think selecting the essay review was wise as you will not be able to act upon the feedback provided. It will more than likely just make you insecure to know there are things you could have done or worded better.

:( Its done now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I applied for the November round and haven't heard anything back yet at all. I do live on the East Coast so I likely wouldn't be invited to on-campus events. Has anyone who applied in the November round gotten invited to an interview yet? If so, are you in the Bay area?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
nk17 wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:

:( Its done now.

I think it could be very wise, depending on whether you apply to any more schools this year or possibly next. Insight like that from an actual adcom, and director no less, is about as valuable as you can find. I would pay a hefty fee for a top school director to tell me exactly what they thought of my essays! Consider yourself lucky and use it for all its worth.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts