Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2015
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
are there any Canadians out there who have received an interview invitation?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Any Indian women applicants out there who got an interview invite from Haas?? or anybody who already interviewed with them??

I am a round 2 applicant, and my application is in "currently under review" status since Dec 20th. One of my recommenders took longer to finish my recommendation form due to which my application was "Incomplete" for some time.

I am from Engineering background with 8 years of WE, working at client locations in US since 2007. Wondering if anybody from similar background has got an interview invite.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Had my interview with an alum last week and it went so well it's making me reconsider my admit at Booth if I were to get into Haas. The agony is killing me.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Congrats, I would definitely pick Haas over Booth, but that's just me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.3
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
hi all, consortium round 1 applicant (which falls into haas's normal round 2), 740 / 3.3 / mixed 4 yrs of finance/nonprofit/retail experience, received the invite to super saturday last week. really, really looking forward to it & hope to see some of you there!

good luck to all
Intern
Intern
Send PM
codytravers wrote:
Congrats, I would definitely pick Haas over Booth, but that's just me.

Tell me your reasons! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Sure thing. Well I love California, and would much rather spend 2 years in the Bay Area than Chicago. I actually plan to move there once I'm done with ucla. 2nd, Haas just had an amazing vibe, whereas Chicago seemed to be pretty dorky. 3rd, Haas seemed to be much more entrepreneurial in nature. 4th, it is a lot, lot harder to get into Haas because of the small class size, so it's much easier for ad com to build a cohesive (and thus, closer) class.

Of course, I'm biased as although I'm practically dinged from Haas, it would have been my top choice out of all the schools I applied to. :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
codytravers wrote:
Sure thing. Well I love California, and would much rather spend 2 years in the Bay Area than Chicago. I actually plan to move there once I'm done with ucla. 2nd, Haas just had an amazing vibe, whereas Chicago seemed to be pretty dorky. 3rd, Haas seemed to be much more entrepreneurial in nature. 4th, it is a lot, lot harder to get into Haas because of the small class size, so it's much easier for ad com to build a cohesive (and thus, closer) class.

Of course, I'm biased as although I'm practically dinged from Haas, it would have been my top choice out of all the schools I applied to. :-D

Interesting! I definitely agree with you on the CA vs Chicago thing. Been in CA my whole life and sometimes I just worry if I'll freeze to death in Chicago haha. I agree on a lot of your points BUT I feel like I have to defend the Booth students and alumni I met, they definitely did not feel nerdy at all. Actually very welcoming and friendly, as if the Midwestern friendliness rubbed off on them haha.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
codytravers wrote:

Originally posted by Shawshank on 27 Dec 2012, 02:13.
Last edited by Shawshank on 28 Dec 2012, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
We will have to agree to disagree. Booth may have a stronger applicant pool from the finance guys, but I doubt that's true across the board.

Chicago is alright, but nothing like a coastal city IMO. And the winters are awful.

I believe people, especially on GC, greatly exaggerate the differences between the top 15-20 schools. Agreed that H, S, and to a lesser extent W, are a cut above, but the rest are pretty interchangeable depending on the candidate's goals, living preference, and scholarship offers.

Then again, you are the guy who jerks it to brand name, so you would be the last person I'd take advice from! All due respect of course.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Send PM
codytravers wrote:
We will have to agree to disagree. Booth may have a stronger applicant pool from the finance guys, but I doubt that's true across the board.

Chicago is alright, but nothing like a coastal city IMO. And the winters are awful.

I believe people, especially on GC, greatly exaggerate the differences between the top 15-20 schools. Agreed that H, S, and to a lesser extent W, are a cut above, but the rest are pretty interchangeable depending on the candidate's goals, living preference, and scholarship offers.

Then again, you are the guy who jerks it to brand name, so you would be the last person I'd take advice from! All due respect of course.

Originally posted by Shawshank on 27 Dec 2012, 13:18.
Last edited by Shawshank on 28 Dec 2012, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Okay guys, calm down. No need to get into a junk measuring contest over schools. We all have preferences and not everyone's preferences aligns with Businessweek or US News rankings. Finance "rockstars" are not the sole measuring stick of what makes a great bschool. Nor are acceptance rates the end all and be all in selectivity. Please do not turn GC into the **** that is WSO.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Sure if I was going for MC or finance, I would go with booth over those schools. If I like healthcare, I go fuqua. If I like hospitality management, I go Cornell.

B schools admissions is such a crapshoot. I've seen people get into hbs, but dinged from sloan. In at booth, rejected from stern. Granted these were not mc or finance people. I'm in finance, but don't want to go back. I have no interest in Mc. If i did, Anderson would not have been the best choice. You have to remember there are more options than mc or finance. Unfortunately many don't. I fully understand applicant pools, yield, and their effect on acceptance rates. It's not a very nice thing to say, but in my anecdotal experience, a lot of people attended booth/kellogg over others that may have been a better choice in hindsight because of their "M7" status. I know this is not the case for everyone who attends, so don't misinterpret what I'm saying.

Refer to rhymes reflection post for more information regarding b school prestige and career advancement.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Send PM
codytravers wrote:
Sure if I was going for MC or finance, I would go with booth over those schools. If I like healthcare, I go fuqua. If I like hospitality management, I go Cornell.

B schools admissions is such a crapshoot. I've seen people get into hbs, but dinged from sloan. In at booth, rejected from stern. Granted these were not mc or finance people. I'm in finance, but don't want to go back. I have no interest in Mc. If i did, Anderson would not have been the best choice. You have to remember there are more options than mc or finance. Unfortunately many don't. I fully understand applicant pools, yield, and their effect on acceptance rates. It's not a very nice thing to say, but in my anecdotal experience, a lot of people attended booth/kellogg over others that may have been a better choice in hindsight because of their "M7" status. I know this is not the case for everyone who attends, so don't misinterpret what I'm saying.

Refer to rhymes reflection post for more information regarding b school prestige and career advancement.

Fair enough. I agree with cheetah though that we don't want this thread to distract from the overall discussion of Haas. I just disagreed strongly with some of your assessment, but we just have to agree that there's multiple ways of looking at this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Any november round applicants hear about interviews?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
received invitation to interview yesterday. november applicant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
CAapplicant2015 wrote:
received invitation to interview yesterday. november applicant.

I thought Berkeley wasn't sending out invites through the "holiday closure" but I guess they are... :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts