GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Nov 2019, 02:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Harvard Class of 2017 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.64
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Harvard Class of 2017 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2015, 14:00
Crickets. Didn't get the dreaded email at noon either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2015, 15:25
I didn't hear anything either - hoping they actually did go through with their releases this week like planned (and didn't initiate calls), so that 20 of the 60 remaining will get accepted.
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS '17 (WL)

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2015, 16:41
Me too haha.

So best case: there's 60 people for 20 calls + any future movement from round 2/3

Worst case: there's 40 people for any future movement from round 2/3

I'll take either. Have a weekend y'all

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2015, 11:31
Monday is the Boston marathon - my friends that work there said most places have the day off, so we potentially won't get any news until Tuesday.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 09:46
Has anyone heard anything new? Any ideas on when we might get the next mass email update?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 10:14
I haven't heard anything today either way.

My guess is the next mass email update is coming tomorrow post-Marathon? Just a guess/hope tho.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 08:05
Unless we have a really skewed sample, it seems like there really hasn't been any of those 20 calls that have gone out. You'd think that they would do them this week since R3 interview invites go out tomorrow and admit weekend is this coming weekend. Also, I'm sure once calls go out then they can send the mass email saying people were admitted/released and the rest of us have to wait until May.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 09:12
Or maybe the r3 app pool is so promising that they've decided to leave us all on the wl until they're interviewed :(

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 09:15
mba2017hopeful wrote:
Or maybe the r3 app pool is so promising that they've decided to leave us all on the wl until they're interviewed :(

Yeah, I was thinking that was a possibility since they told us they'd admit 20 when they had only had the R3 applications for a few days (so I doubt they had read many of them). But I feel like they have a lot of experience with this and probably wouldn't have said 20 admits if they didn't think it'd at least be close to it. Trying to be optimistic :/
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 09:32
My thinking is they knew what they were doing - They said they'd cut 40 and let in 20 (in a near-ish term timeframe) because they knew they could commit to that. I don't think they would have thrown out such specific numbers and somewhat specific dates if they didn't mean it.

My reaction to the 20 was that potentially they just "held open" some spots from Round 2 - That is, they had 20 people at the end of R2 they were about to admit...but then said, let's hold off a week or two, see if the R3 pool is utterly incredible or something, and if it's not, just go ahead and admit those 20 we were already planning on admitting in the first place.

That's at least my rationale as to why they were able to say we are letting in 20 after only having the R3 apps for a couple days.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 09:49
for what it's worth, we got an email two days after Round 2 apps were due saying they had already let a handful of people in after seeing the round 2 apps...so doesn't seem like they need to spend too much time reviewing before they know who gets in off the WL
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 09:52
So hopefully they are just a bit slow with making the phone calls, but at least one of us hears back this week.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 09:55
ghb123 wrote:
for what it's worth, we got an email two days after Round 2 apps were due saying they had already let a handful of people in after seeing the round 2 apps...so doesn't seem like they need to spend too much time reviewing before they know who gets in off the WL

This email was for R1 post-interview candidates, correct?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 10:07
Let's keep the positive vibes flowing! We can still do this!

From my count - potentially 10 on this thread are still on waitlist - Myself, Consulting01803, asdf12345, ghb123 (sounds like you are R1 - the wait must be terrible wow, can't imagine. Big ups to you), mba2017hopeful, edj11...and then maybe Kshama, Samwise, YAK12 and pxice

And 5 we know were released. I would find it weird that none out of 15 sample of us has gotten a call.

Let's still pray that's on the come!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 13:03
Seems as if this 'wave of activity' - Releases and admits- is over...:(

Due to the number of requests I've received for confirmation, this message is to confirm that you still remain on the waitlist. Thank you for your continued patience with us.

A number of you seem to be facing some personal deadlines at the end of this month into the beginning of May. We will do our best to make decisions as quickly as we can, and it is possible that a number of them can be finalized soon; however, Round 3 interviews take place May 1 and May 4, so for many of you, we do not expect to finalize your decision until after Round 3 interviews are complete.

As I’ve said before, we know that this waiting process is difficult, and we continue to be extremely grateful for how well you are all handling the waiting process.

I will be in touch when we expect to have another wave of activity.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 13:20
More limbo till May 13th? :(. I am just surprised that no positive news was reported here.

Cpt100 wrote:
Seems as if this 'wave of activity' - Releases and admits- is over...:(

Due to the number of requests I've received for confirmation, this message is to confirm that you still remain on the waitlist. Thank you for your continued patience with us.

A number of you seem to be facing some personal deadlines at the end of this month into the beginning of May. We will do our best to make decisions as quickly as we can, and it is possible that a number of them can be finalized soon; however, Round 3 interviews take place May 1 and May 4, so for many of you, we do not expect to finalize your decision until after Round 3 interviews are complete.

As I’ve said before, we know that this waiting process is difficult, and we continue to be extremely grateful for how well you are all handling the waiting process.

I will be in touch when we expect to have another wave of activity.
Intern
Intern
Harvard Class of 2017 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Apr 2015, 06:02
I'm also surprised that no one on this thread got a call if they were actually going to admit 20 people over the past two weeks (considering our release sample size was pretty accurate). I feel like she sent the email update because so many people were probably asking her for one - she never really acknowledged that people got admitted/released. Sounds like they aren't willing to commit yet, but potentially will accept a handful of people (probably way less than 20) and then everyone else is in May.

Originally posted by asdf12345 on 21 Apr 2015, 13:38.
Last edited by asdf12345 on 22 Apr 2015, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 13:38
Also, so frustrating considering the email two weeks ago made it seem like more of us would have a definitive answer by now (and the #s were so specific that you assume they'd be close to accurate, otherwise they wouldn't have shared). At least we don't have to wait near our phones like we probably all did over the past few days?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 19:12
I know of someone who got in off the WL today. I was on the WL last year and got in this year so I feel your pain. hang in there!
hope this little bit of news was helpful
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 21:23
Hi,

Long time lurker, finally posting. I also am on the WL and have a ton of anxiety from it! I know of 4 people who have gotten off so far (1 two weeks ago, and 3 people in the last two days). I think based on the email we received today, they have finalized the 20 people and we'll be in the next round.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Harvard Class of 2017 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2015, 21:23

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 178 posts ] 

Harvard Class of 2017 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sroy4