Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: HBS '17 (WL)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Harvard Class of 2017 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
I don't know these people too well at all, it's all been "friend of a friend" that I've heard so don't have much to share there!

I'm just speculating a good amount of calls have gone out so figured I'd reply and share my knowledge; I know this wait is horrible!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The people I know from last year/this year who got off the waitlist did not send in any additional letters but may have had an alumni call on their behalf. I sent two updates between Round 1 WL and Round 2, and it didnt do anything to help my chances. That being said, it is very hard to sit and do nothing!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Here is Admit/Ding Summary of HBS waitlisted applicants (as per GMAT Club profile updates.)

Admitted from Waitlist: 1

Dinged: 5 (3 on 15th April, remaining 2 on 16th and 17th April)

Intern
Intern
Send PM
In last week's email, they mentioned a "few decisions" could be finalized soon - I wonder if this could happen this week since R2 deposits are due. Not really expecting anything until mid- to end of May, though, and will likely put my deposit down at another school for the time being. :/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
asdf12345 wrote:
In last week's email, they mentioned a "few decisions" could be finalized soon - I wonder if this could happen this week since R2 deposits are due. Not really expecting anything until mid- to end of May, though, and will likely put my deposit down at another school for the time being. :/

Yea I think there might be a few this week (below 5) but likely not much b/c everyone has the April 30th deadline - They don't need people telling them that. They have their own process and timeline and are going to stick to it.

The next big movement (hopefully) will be after 3rd round interviews and before that decision date, so something like May 5-13, that week.

Making a deposit at Kellogg this Thursday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah, agreed. I more meant that HBS has an earlier deposit deadline than a lot of other schools (I believe it is tomorrow vs. most other schools on Thursday), so if they wanted to be nice, they could try to let people in Wednesday/Thursday. Probably unlikely though and just wishful thinking
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone! Just realized that there was more than one page to this thread (embarrassingly). I'm also on the WL and am waiting to hear from HBS. I re-read some of what Eileen sent through, and it looks to me like the 20 people off the waitlist didn't necessarily need to fall in the same time period as the releases. Did anyone else think that or do you think / know that all 20 have already been given out? In that case, it would mean that we would have to see about R2 yield and R3 interviews, meaning I'm going to have to put a deposit down elsewhere and hope for the best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know when the HBS deposit was due? Today? Tomorrow?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Cpt100 wrote:
Does anyone know when the HBS deposit was due? Today? Tomorrow?

Thanks.

I believe it was yesterday (4/28) at 5 pm, but not 100% sure.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anybody heard of anything happening (either for you or others)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I caught up with friends who are current students last night. They mentioned that one of their section visitors was admitted yesterday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So stuff is happening next week...I guess 25% (10/40) ain't bad? Good luck to all. Let's do this.

It’s Eileen Chang with a waitlist update.

We are preparing for another wave of activity (both admit and release) and getting an update from those who are no longer interested in attending HBS would be most helpful.

If you have moved forward with other plans and would NOT accept an offer of admission if one were extended to you, please let us know.

A lot will be happening next week. We will have finished Round 3 interviews and will begin the final shaping of the class. We anticipate that next week we will be admitting a small number from the waitlist - about 10. We will also be releasing some of you, but at this point, we are not exactly sure how many. After we have the Round 3 results, we will have a better sense as to the number we feel comfortable releasing.

I have said this many times, but it is no less in its degree of sincerity - on behalf of the entire Admissions Board here at Harvard Business School, thank you all so much for your patience with our process. It has been a pleasure getting to know all of you over this Admissions season. We appreciate the time and effort you have invested in us.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got the call recently with an offer, so I wanted to pass along the news. Based on what Consulting01803 said, it sounds like they admitted a few more people. Not sure if we were part of the "20" from her email a few weeks ago, but if not, there might be less than 40 of you left on the waitlist, and your odds could be higher than 25%. Best of luck to everyone!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
asdf12345 wrote:
I got the call recently with an offer, so I wanted to pass along the news. Based on what Consulting01803 said, it sounds like they admitted a few more people. Not sure if we were part of the "20" from her email a few weeks ago, but if not, there might be less than 40 of you left on the waitlist, and your odds could be higher than 25%. Best of luck to everyone!!

Congrats asdf12345! Won't be the same on here without you, been a wild couple weeks on the boards. Figured yesterday there might be some movement in between their deadline and others' today.

One last question - What industry are you coming from?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks, Cpt! I'm in consulting which I thought would be horrible since there's obviously such a large incoming % of consultants. Hope everything goes well for people here!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
asdf12345 wrote:
Thanks, Cpt! I'm in consulting which I thought would be horrible since there's obviously such a large incoming % of consultants. Hope everything goes well for people here!

Sorry Asdf...one more question...do you have to accept on the phone? do you get time? just wondering the mechanics
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You don't have to accept over the phone - you just have to send an email confirmation of your decision. If you email back and accept, then they'll add you into the system, send you the official letter, etc. (all of that takes 24 hours after you email back accepting the spot). Let me know if you have other questions!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts