Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 17:52 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [1]
Given Kudos: 833
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 945 [1]
Given Kudos: 410
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Has anyone recently taken the Vertias CATs? My first Reflections.. [#permalink]
Kudos
Seldom,the only thing these CATs are good at is demoralizing a candidate especially on a Sunday.!!!!!

But at the same time the low scores motivate us to know our weak areas. .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2726 [0]
Given Kudos: 1477
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V37
GMAT 2: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V27
GPA: 3.3
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Has anyone recently taken the Vertias CATs? My first Reflections.. [#permalink]
hi all

my two pence. i took all the 7 veritas cats + 3 of 5 that go in addition (those A, B, C...). My score fluctuated around 590. Gmat prep on contratry was higher around 650. Real thing gave me 640. I bought manh cats (when they offered a good deal - $10 for all cats). The first manh test gave me 630 which i dont' bother much about given that their quant is wierd. and also because after that i scored 710 on gmat prep retake (with very few repeated q, perhaps because the level is new and the algorithm started feeding me with new questions).

as regards the scoring mechanism - veritas is not fair compared to even manh. btw those 5 supplementary vertiast test are wierd - they gave me 640 with q47 and verbal 20.

so in my opinion (my quant is the weakest point, on verbal i slack in cr):
- veritas cats are good if you have the luxury of longer time for preparation.
- gmat club quant tests are pretty much enough after you excel the OG + of course thourough participation and review of the forum explanations
- manh give better feel of what scoring mechanism is although their quant is inadequate
- gmat prep cats are just best for refining and getting the last cats before the exam
- for cr i am studying powerscore bible.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I've taken the GMAT once and received 690 (48Q and 36V). I'm studying to retake it again.

I've taken two Veritas CAT tests so far and gotten the results below:

1st CAT: 610 (41Q and 33V)
2nd CAT: 620 (42Q and 34V)

I find the results really mind-boggling. It just doesn't make sense.

In the first test for the quant section, I got 44% of the questions correct while in the second test for the quant section, I got 70% of the questions correct. A 60% increase in the number of questions correct but yet only a mere 1 point increase in the grading? I don't get it. I made long strings of correct answers (around 8 each time) but I didn't feel like the difficultly level increased.

I definitely think there is a problem with their logarithm.

Anyone else with weird experiences with Veritas CATs?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey SATA2015,

We can't comment for other tests but do note that no test prep company's algorithm will exactly match the real thing. The best we can do is get close.

You can always take a free GMAT PILL practice test here complete with detailed performance and timing analytics: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

In terms of our scoring, many of our students report scores that are +/- 30 points from their actual GMAT test and so are a relatively good indicator of their performance. That said, no practice test can perfectly replicate the actual score algorithm, but this is quite close.

Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
I wouldn't take the Veritas Prep score too seriously. It looks like the score can easily be 50+ points lower than your "true" score. I just took my second Veritas Prep CAT today and got a 650. I took the real GMAT in July, getting a 700, and again in September, earning a 700 again.

My first Veritas Prep was back in April and I got a 610. I took my first GMATPrep CAT around the same time and got a 650. My other GMATPreps were 700-710 after some studying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
How I improved from 570 to 650 in one day... and for free :D

November 11th, Veritas CAT: 570 (Q41, V28)
November 12th, GMATprep: 650 (Q47, V33)

Both completed with AWA and IR and under the same conditions. I am not going to take any more Veritas since I am taking the GMAT in 2 weeks and I do not want to demoralize myself. I will post my real score here though, so you can see which one was closer to my real abilities. Now, I can just hope that GMATprep is more accurate than Veritas CATs.
GMAT Club Bot