Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris (Sept Intake) Class of 2015: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Driving Change
The HEC Paris MBA Net Impact Club and Women in Leadership Club recently organized Driving Change, a roundtable in which three exceptional women shared their experiences, explaining how they drive change in both for-profit and non-profit activities.

The guests speakers included: Estelle Mironesco, a consultant and coach in Sustainable Leadership, Christelle Van Ham, a consultant in Social Entrepreneurship, and Emilie Vuillequez, the co-founder of Pro Bono Lab.

The aim of the event was to present unconventional stories. The guest speakers had all benefited from an excellent educational background and had started their careers in business, but, after a few years, they decided to switch from the more traditional finance and consulting sectors into professions which focus on sustainable leadership, social entrepreneurship, and innovation-led practices.

“They are now successful entrepreneurs because they didn’t limit themselves: they wanted to have an impact in society and were committed to creating value; they weren’t afraid of hard times and took risks to achieve their goals.” (Giovanna Santaniello – Class of 2015)

Both male and female MBA participants found these women inspiring, and were eager to learn about their personal backgrounds and career trajectories. They also wanted to discover more about their ways of thinking: the skills they found crucial for driving change in today’s society, and the key challenges faced in making conventional financial services act more responsibly. Looking ahead, the speakers and participants also discussed what consumers and stakeholders can expect from business leaders over the coming years in terms of sustainability.

The event marked a breakthrough moment, with these remarkable speakers being considered not only guests, but influencers and opinion makers.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Student Voices: Champagne Cup
Sitanshu Shekhar, HEC Paris MBA, Class of 2015

What is it like to be a student at HEC Paris MBA? Student Voices is a student contributed section where current students share their first-hand experiences of life on campus and beyond.

Ryder Cup is the premier golf team tournament in the world, and every golf fan dreams of playing in one. So on the weekend of the 2014 Ryder Cup, I thought, how much fun would it be if we could play in similar tournament against INSEAD. So after some inquiries from INSEAD students, I finally got hold of their Golf Captain. He jumped on the idea of a match between the two schools on the rules of the Ryder Cup. We decided to hold the first edition of the tournament on the 2nd of November at their home course, Chateau D’Augerville. We were divided between the name of the tournament – Paris Cup or Champagne Cup, but decided to go with Champagne cup, as the winning team would drink a bottle of champagne from the cup!!!

With the sun shining on a beautiful Autumn morning, we departed for Augerville in high spirits. The team consisted of Andrew Young, Alfonso Alvarez Prieto, Othmane Benlamine, Yukiko Toyoda and me. After some quick introductions with the INSEAD team, we got down to the business of golf. The course was tough, and INSEAD played some really golf to beat us convincingly. But, it was not a day of wining and losing, but of making new friends and golf buddies. The day ended with prize winning ceremony, a few rounds of beers and lots of laughs. When I look back at that day, I like to think of it as the start of something historic and special, just like the Ryder Cup.

The post Student Voices: Champagne Cup appeared first on HEC MBA Blog.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Celebrating Diversity: Cultural Weeks at HEC Paris MBA
With 90% of our MBA student body coming from outside of France, HEC Paris MBA is a truly international scene. The tremendous range of nationalities and backgrounds makes the MBA an exciting and enriching experience, but the benefits aren’t just limited to the classroom. The student-led cultural weeks are always highly anticipated here on campus, giving students and staff alike a week-long immersion into the cultures, traditions, and cuisines of their peers.

With 2 consecutive cultural weeks, November was a particularly busy month. The Brits were first up, kicking off the festivities with a beautifully presented High Tea.  For Sitanshu Shekhar, organizing the cultural week was a perfect opportunity to shake Britain’s reputation for terrible cuisine, and the chance to offer something a little more unique: “Instead of the usual dinner, the high tea was all about sophistication and elegance. Though I am not sure how successful it was in its goals, as it probably reinforced the stereotype of snobby tea drinkers.” Snobbiness aside – with champagne, cakes, scones, and a range of sandwiches on offer, the event was a resounding success. This was followed by a screening of Richard Curtis’ classic, ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ in the Piano Bar to round off the night in a truly British fashion.

Next came the Indian cultural week, and the chance to celebrate and showcase the richness and diversity of the Indian student body at HEC Paris MBA.  For Aastha Sharma, the week’s events were about showcasing the breadth and variety of Indian culture: “We may all look similar, share an affinity for spicy food and rock the dance floor on Thursday nights, but we also have very different cultural upbringing, from speaking different Indian languages to following different Indian customs – which in itself makes each one of us unique.”

A surprise Bollywood-themed flash mob in the foyer of the S building caught students unaware and generated much excitement for the events to come. First came the ‘Mela’, an Indian fair, where students had the opportunity to try a variety of Indian snacks and drinks, and buy some traditional, hand-made arts and crafts. This was proceeded by a dinner and film night in the Piano Bar. Delicious food aside, the cultural weeks serve a greater purpose – as Johan Matthai put it:  “One of the biggest intangible benefits of any international MBA is the relationships you build with people from all over the world. This is even ‘truer’ for the HEC Paris MBA, as diversity is one of the elements listed by a large number of students from my cohort when choosing their school. In line with this, cultural weeks provide a unique and ideal platform to truly infuse a country’s culture into the general student body. I was delighted at the interest shown by my friends from other countries, for in between the spicy curry and the Bollywood moves; I do believe they experienced something they’d cherish for some time to come!”

https://www.mba.hec.edu/mbablog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Rangoli.jpg

The post Celebrating Diversity: Cultural Weeks at HEC Paris MBA appeared first on HEC MBA Blog.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I was preselected for the Jan 2017 intake and I wanted some help from current students regarding my interview and knowing the school better. If possible, could you please PM me. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Best
just got pre-selected....any tips on the presentation?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All HEC Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All HEC Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All HEC Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated HEC Forum to dive into all things related to HEC's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts