GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Mar 2019, 07:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

HELP !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
HELP !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2018, 06:29
HI Guys,

I have been following this forum carefully for about 3 months and have been motivated by countless stories however, I am still struggling with the GMAT.

To begin my story, I have been studying for the GMAT on and off for a year. I used Princeton Review for my studies and scored 550, 680, 630, 650 & 680 so I felt I was ready for the test and registered. This couldn't be farther from the truth as I took the Official mocks and scored 560 & 580. I started to research and found myself on here reading a lot of stories of the pain and struggles behind taking the GMAT. At this point my exam was 3 weeks away and I started to panic. I realized I had completely missed the point of the exam (logic and patterns) and focused on formulas. I got an ORION membership, practiced and scored 600, 610, 620 & 640 on their exams - I didn't have time to complete another official mock. Needless to say, I didn't score anywhere close to 600 on my official exam and I was devastated however, I am determined to meet the round 3 application deadlines with the hope that I get close to the 700 mark in my second attempt.

Please can you advise me on how best to approach the GMAT ? I understand the concepts but struggle with application and tend to panic about the time. Also which tutoring program is the best out there or can really help me boost my score. I will put in as many hours as required.

PLEASE HELP!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: HELP !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 00:51
Well GMAT can be a tough cookie to crack , but with 3 months of rigorous preparation a 660+ to 750+ score is very achievable, depending upon your study strategy and the hours you put in.
In case you are not able to get a decent score in the first attempt there's no need to panic. The key is understanding the pattern, using the right resources and creating a solid study plan.
Perhaps you did not use the right study strategy to prepare for the same. You have mentioned that you prepared the test on and off throughout the year - GMAT, as you must have realized needs a steady approach so creating the right study plan might just change the game for you.
As for the preparation, your first step should be to understand the GMAT exam format and pattern as you stated that you have been giving GMAT mock and have ORION membership so you must be aware of the pattern, if not then it really important you look out for it as it will help you have a clear grasp of the competitive spirit of the exam.
Talking about the resources, here is a direct feedback from our clients.
A mix of e-GMAT, Manhattan Prep, Magoosh and Crack Verbal works the best apart from the official GMAT guide.
We spoke to many of our clients who could notch a 700+ GMAT Score ( Only 11%-15% of the test takers are able to reach this milestone), and have created a comprehensive post on how to create a study strategy to reach a competitive GMAT Score.
Check it out here:https://www.mim-essay.com/gmat-tips-to-score-700

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 04:55
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I have been studying rigorously for the past 4 months and have noticed improvements. I read the full article, which just encouraged me some more !

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 04:56
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I have been studying rigorously for the past 4 months and have noticed improvements. I read the full article, which just encouraged me some more !

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: HELP !   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2019, 04:56

HELP !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap