GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Jan 2020, 02:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Help! The server went down during my GMAT exam on Saturday

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Retake   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.54
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Help! The server went down during my GMAT exam on Saturday  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2019, 08:38
The server went down during my break. The proctors told everyone to sit tight and not worry as they were on the phone with GMAT trying to resolve it. Once it was up and running my quant section began, but the clock had been running, so I lost 7.5 minutes. The proctors were of no help. I had to finish and submit the exam, and they just gave me the Pearson customer service number to call on Monday. I've emailed and called multiple times, but the phone lines are down and no one has replied to my emails. It seems from this forum that these technological issues have happened in the past at test centers which I find somewhat ridiculous if this is to be accepted as normal. Does anyone have any advice on how to get in touch with them?
Manager
Manager
P
Re: Help! The server went down during my GMAT exam on Saturday  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2019, 18:27
allymac08 wrote:
The server went down during my break. The proctors told everyone to sit tight and not worry as they were on the phone with GMAT trying to resolve it. Once it was up and running my quant section began, but the clock had been running, so I lost 7.5 minutes. The proctors were of no help. I had to finish and submit the exam, and they just gave me the Pearson customer service number to call on Monday. I've emailed and called multiple times, but the phone lines are down and no one has replied to my emails. It seems from this forum that these technological issues have happened in the past at test centers which I find somewhat ridiculous if this is to be accepted as normal. Does anyone have any advice on how to get in touch with them?

allymac08 - Sorry to hear about this disastrous experience. I can only imagine how unnerving it would be to lose 7.5 minutes on Quant and then be expected to pick up and take the test like normal. (All your pacing strategies would be out the window, and I can only imagine what your mental state may have been.) I might try to contact GMAC™ as well, since it has the final say in all matters related to the GMAT™. Maybe you can get a voucher or something to retake the exam, even at a partial discount. It is worth a shot at least. Maybe something on this page will be of help:

https://www.gmac.com/service/contact-us

Again, I am sorry to hear of this, and I can imagine how awful I would feel about the matter being unresolved. Best of luck to you, and if you do get through to someone, whether at Pearson or GMAC™, who ends up helping you, please let the community know for future reference.

- Andrew
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2019, 19:10
Sorry about the issue. GMAC should be able to help you reschedule the test. Unfortunately that’s all that’s left to do....

Posted from my mobile device
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2019, 20:08
Hi allymac08,

I'm sorry to hear about the tech issue that you faced on Test Day. Unfortunately, these types of 'glitches' sometimes happen. That having been said, Testing Facilities are expected to provide fair, reasonable testing conditions - and it does not seem that that happened here. If what you describe is accurate, then you have a reasonable case to ask for a free retest (and there's a good chance that you'll receive one IF you take the necessary steps to lodge a complaint and follow-through).

The first step is to get ahold of Customer Service over the phone and formally complain. There will likely be an internal investigation (to make sure that everything occurred the way that you say it did) - and that can sometimes take up to a few weeks. Unfortunately, since you completed your Exam, you're going to have to wait 16 days to retest regardless of what happens next.

1) What was your Unofficial Score (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
2) What is your Goal Score?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2019, 20:30
Hi allymac08,

Sorry to hear about your experience, which has been pretty terrible. I suggest that you contact GMAC via the form that you can find at https://www.mba.com/service/contact-us. I believe if one fills out the form the ticket is created and GMAC will come back to you. I had a good experience using the form: I got a reply within 5-7 business days after submitting my query.

I am quite positive you can expect the discount for your next attempt or even have your attempt annulled. Good luck!
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 18:06
Hi allymac08,

That really stinks. As has been said, the only thing left to do is to call GMAC. I’m sure that GMAC will provide a free retake. If you need any further advice, feel free to reach out.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
181 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Director
Director
D
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Help! The server went down during my GMAT exam on Saturday  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2019, 13:08
Dear amac3408

I think we all agree that losing 7m30s is truly horrible experience. As we (including gmat) are in holiday season, the wait may even be longer.

Use https://www.mba.com/service/contact-us. If you fill out the form, the ticket will be created and GMAC will come back to you within 5-7 business days after submission.

Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Help! The server went down during my GMAT exam on Saturday   [#permalink] 29 Dec 2019, 13:08

Help! The server went down during my GMAT exam on Saturday

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics