Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: IIM (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi
Please evaluate my profile
Score : 570 (Q45, V25)

12th : 93%
10th : 10 CGPA
Female mech engg working in one of the top manufacturing industries in India , with 5.5 years of work exp in Maintenance and procurement domain .

Provided that I will be taking the exam again, suggest me other aspects which I need to work upon.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
197369 wrote:
Hi

Female mech engg working in one of the top manufacturing industries in India , with 5.5 years of work exp in Maintenance and procurement domain .

Provided that I will be taking the exam again, suggest me other aspects which I need to work upon.

Hi
Just a fellow member on gmatclub. your Verbal score is too low. Go through Manhattan verbal books thoroughly and then take multiple verbal tests.
Try to solve as many questions as possible on gmat club. You can use GMAT club tests which are free on certain days round the year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Bookmarks
In IIM-A/B/C's one year full time MBA, less than 5% of students of the batch are from core government sector i.e only Central or state government. (Here I am excluding students from PSUs/Public sector banks etc.) So does it mean it is extremely hard for folks from core government background to enter one year full time MBA of IIM-A/B/C?

No No No...
Don't go simply by the number of such candidates in batch. The real reason behind this low number is that very few candidates apply from core government background. On the other hand, IIM-A/B/C want to maintain maximum diversity in the MBA batch, so in reality there are greater chances of such candidates to get selected. In fact other candidates like Indian male with IT engineer work experience, who form the largest chunk in every batch have lower probability of getting selected simply because of very high number of applications....So going just by the numbers, the candidates having core government background have greater leverage over other common profiles.

However, i have seen that aspirants from core government background sometimes need guidance/review in proving overlap between their previous work experience and corporate world.I was also in the same boat some time ago, working as an officer with the Govt. of India. But, I did MBA from one of the best colleges in India, quit my job and successfully moved on to join an MNC.

So, I can assist you in the following stages of your MBA journey-
1-Clear doubts if you are still in two minds - security of Govt job vs uncharted territory of Pvt sector
2-How getting job in pvt sector is so different from taking entrance exams like Civil services, SSC CGL etc.
3-Consulting on which MBA colleges to target for in order to make smooth transition
4-Profile evaluation after you get GMAT score
5- Essay / SOP preparation
6- Mock interviews
7- What to expect once you get admit in any IIM/ISB. The placements process, roles and companies which you can target

If you are interested in getting your profile evaluated, taking a session or resolving your queries, please send a DM (Private message)/ reply to this post/email me on gmatclub22[b]gmail . com[/b]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: IIM-A '24 (I)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi All,

Would really appreciate feedback on my profile

Background and nationality: Indian. Born and Brought Up in Ahmedabad

Undergrad Information:
10th: 88%
12th: 86%

Undergraduate: B.E Mechanical from Gujarat Technological University. CGPA: 7.8
Post Graduate: Work Integrated Learning Program from BITS Pilani in Manufacturing Management (M.Tech: Part Time). CGPA: 8.0

GMAT: 750 (Q48, V44)

Work experience and Leadership:

10 Years of work experience in an American Automobile MNC as Process Engineer.
    Received Top Achiever Rating Twice with latest being in 2021.
    Promoted to Senior Process Engineer Responsible for maintaining Quality and Delivery Targets for Entire Engine Machine Shop Consisting of >100 machine cells.
    Certified 6 Sigma Black Belt from the organization and Delivered 5 Black Belt projects with cumulative benefits of >$ 100,000
    Successfully completed Master Black Belt course from the organization and imparted training to plant personnel in 6 Sigma green belt and black belt and guided >10 projects
    Participated in various improvement projects and won competition for productivity improvement amongst all Asia Pacific plants.
    Won 4 Technical Excellence Awards which are awarded for global technical innovation amongst all company manufacturing plants.
    Participated in the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Annual Conference on Quality Management and Presented study on quality improvement in Engine Machine Shop.
    Successfully guided regional plants in their quality improvement projects resulting in cost savings of >$ 500,000

Extra Curriculars:

Participated and won in IIT Delhi Robot Competition in Techfest in 2011.
    Lead the organizing committee for College Techfest in my own college for two years running.
    Participated in 'Elecrama 2011' (Power Electronics Industry Conference) with a innovative model wind turbine.
    Lead Company Organized CSR activities including a project for upgrading Community Health Centres and Urban Health Centres in terms of civil works and medical equipment.
    Participated and won various internal company competitions including advert making for showcasing company diversity, company products etc.

Why MBA Now? I Feel I have grown as much as I can in my current Job and Industry and have learnt important fundamental concepts of how a modern manufacturing organization is run. I wish to grow into a more broader role in the Consulting/Manufacturing industry where I can perform to my full potential.

Post MBA goals: To attain a leadership role in Manufacturing/Project Management industry and to create a meaningful impact on the company and my colleagues.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Arunabh1990 wrote:
Hi All,

Undergrad Information:

Post Graduate: Work Integrated Learning Program from BITS Pilani in Manufacturing Management (M.Tech: Part Time). CGPA: 8.0

Promoted to Senior Process Engineer Responsible for maintaining Quality and Delivery Targets for Entire Engine Machine Shop Consisting of >100 machine cells.
    Certified 6 Sigma Black Belt from the organization and Delivered 5 Black Belt projects with cumulative benefits of >$ 100,000
    Successfully completed Master Black Belt course from the organization and imparted training to plant personnel in 6 Sigma green belt and black belt and guided >10 projects
    Participated in various improvement projects and won competition for productivity improvement amongst all Asia Pacific plants.
    Won 4 Technical Excellence Awards which are awarded for global technical innovation amongst all company manufacturing plants.
    Participated in the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Annual Conference on Quality Management and Presented study on quality improvement in Engine Machine Shop.
    Successfully guided regional plants in their quality improvement projects resulting in cost savings of >$ 500,000

Extra Curriculars:

Lead the organizing committee for College Techfest in my own college for two years running.
    Participated in 'Elecrama 2011' (Power Electronics Industry Conference) with a innovative model wind turbine.
    Lead Company Organized CSR activities including a project for upgrading Community Health Centres and Urban Health Centres in terms of civil works and medical equipment.
    Participated and won various internal company competitions including advert making for showcasing company diversity, company products etc.

Why MBA Now? I Feel I have grown as much as I can in my current Job and Industry and have learnt important fundamental concepts of how a modern manufacturing organization is run. I wish to grow into a more broader role in the Consulting/Manufacturing industry where I can perform to my full potential.

Post MBA goals: To attain a leadership role in Manufacturing/Project Management industry and to create a meaningful impact on the company and my colleagues.

Hey Arunabh , your work experience and achievements are great. With that your GMAT score is cherry on the cake. Both these combinations make you a very strong candidates. You should definitely get an interview call if you have applied in any IIMs/ISB.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello DeanDelfin

Definitely retake the GMAT, current score will be a deal breaker at almost all top B-Schools.
In addition, you must also work on other aspects of your profile such as bringing out the potential to do research based on your past work ex/extracurriculars, arrange for strong references etc.
Whether you should apply or not is something only you can decide based on your personal and professional goals. Nothing in your profile (except the GMAT score) indicates any evident reason why you shouldn't.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

DeanDelfin wrote:
I'm contemplating applying for a PhD in marketing/consumer behavior but not sure my profile is strong enough. Undergrad school was Washington University in St. Louis (top 20) and GPA was 3.2 - environmental science major. Have MBA from Willamette University with GPA of 3.8 (also founded a company while I was there). I'm 38 and have 16 years of work experience in a few different industries - government, higher education, environmental engineering, and tech. 580 on GMAT. Should I retake the GMAT, focus on other aspects of the application or not apply? Thanks in advance for your response!
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Arunabh1990

A very all rounded profile and seems you are sorted on all factors.
Past scores are decent, GMAT is strong, work ex shows good potential for story telling, extracurricular are interesting and add diversity, career goals look clear, organic and realistic.
No advice, just do well on your application, all the best!

Varun Sharma
+918452954888
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

Arunabh1990 wrote:
Hi All,

Undergrad Information:

Extra Curriculars:

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello 197369

Based on the info given, only advice you will get is to retake the GMAT.
Most qualitative details needed to assess whether this low GMAT can be compensated are missing.
You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+918452954888 (https://gmatclub.com/chat)
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

197369 wrote:
Hi

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello ankuragarwal89

Please see my replies to your questions in Blue

Pls suggest on the following:
a) Can I apply for any good foreign B school for 1 year MBA program at this GMAT score. Of course you can, but this is too broad a question. What schools? What geography? How do these schools fit your goals (which are missing in your post)
b) what are my chances at each of the above IIMs To assess your chances one must know qualitative details around your 1) Work ex (what is your career progress and key achievements 2) How can you add Diversity to the class (what skills or extracurricular outside work do you have that will help add value to the experience of your batchmates inside and outside the classroom)
b) how shall I prepare for application submission and Interviews. You need to start by understanding what are the factors important for admissions (which does not look like the case based on the limited info you have shared below) and also be very clear about what are your post MBA goals. To begin, you may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+918452954888 (https://gmatclub.com/chat)
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

ankuragarwal89 wrote:
Hi
I retook GMAT today (19th Sep) - 2nd Attempt

Attempt -1 = 690 ( Q50 V32 )
Attempt -2 = 710 ( Q49 V39 )

I am a male engineer , would be 34yrs age with 12 yr work ex for Class of 23-24
10th - 91%
12th - 92%
BTech - Mechanical Engg from YMCA Institute of Engineering, Faridabad - CGPA - 8.564
Work Ex- 2 India's biggest automobile OEMs-3 years in Manufacturing and 8 years in After sales.

I have sent my scores to IIM A/B/C/I/L for 1 year executive MBA and will be submitting my application for all of these.

Pls suggest on the following:
a) Can I apply for any good foreign B school for 1 year MBA program at this GMAT score.
b) what are my chances at each of the above IIMs
b) how shall I prepare for application submission and Interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Hi guys!
The one year MBA in India and globally is on the rise and we are here to spread the word!

At TheOneYearMBA, we help you navigate through everything starting from profile review & Bschool selection call to assistance in applications, essays writing and finally mock interviews!
We are your end to end solution to getting admitted in the top Bschool of your choice!

Visit our website to know more :
www.theoneyearmba.com
You may also contact us at 9082998992

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: IIM-A '24
Send PM
I am planning to appear for GMAT and pursue one year MBA from IIM A, B,C, L,K and ISB.Here is my profile.

10th -91.6%
12th -80.8%
B.tech (CSE) - 67.42%

Work Experience -8.9 years In Tata Consultancy Services
Domain:Airline Industry(Current)
Job Title:Assistant Consultant
Working as a Project Manager handling a team of 15 associates .Involved in RFP implementation for SAAS vendors
Previously have worked as an Architect where I was instrumental in migration of client project from an old tech stack to new tech stack.
Also received awards for MSKill initiative where new hires are taught new technologies.

Certification:Oracle Certified Java Professional
Awards:
1.Received regular Promotions during my stint IN TCS
2.Contextual Master Award from TCS for expertise in domain field.
3.Technical Excellence Award from Project

Short Term Goal:Product Management
Long Term Goal:Leading new business initiatives in an organisation where my technical and managerial expertise will be used
MBA will give me the edge and propel my techno functional role where I would be working with CXO and CEOs for driving strategic initiatives in an organisation.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello coolroh5jul

Critical info missing- GMAT score (at least expected if not actual) and Extracurricular activites.
With your IT background, standing out will be crucial and a high GMAT score and some diversity (through extracurricular activities).
In absence of this information, very difficult to say whether you will be able to stand out in the largest and most competitive pool of applicants.
P.S.- Work Ex shows potential and goals are pretty straightforward (no red flags there).

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+971586404529 (WA)
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

coolroh5jul wrote:
I am planning to appear for GMAT and pursue one year MBA from IIM A, B,C, L,K and ISB.Here is my profile.

10th -91.6%
12th -80.8%
B.tech (CSE) - 67.42%

Work Experience -8.9 years In Tata Consultancy Services
Domain:Airline Industry(Current)
Job Title:Assistant Consultant
Working as a Project Manager handling a team of 15 associates .Involved in RFP implementation for SAAS vendors
Previously have worked as an Architect where I was instrumental in migration of client project from an old tech stack to new tech stack.
Also received awards for MSKill initiative where new hires are taught new technologies.

Certification:Oracle Certified Java Professional
Awards:
1.Received regular Promotions during my stint IN TCS
2.Contextual Master Award from TCS for expertise in domain field.
3.Technical Excellence Award from Project

Short Term Goal:Product Management
Long Term Goal:Leading new business initiatives in an organisation where my technical and managerial expertise will be used
MBA will give me the edge and propel my techno functional role where I would be working with CXO and CEOs for driving strategic initiatives in an organisation.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply

Profiles of IIM Lucknow admitted applicants

Hi Everyone,

We are collecting the profiles of those who got admission into the IIM Lucknow program. It would be a great insight for future applicants. If you got admitted into the IIM Lucknow program, I request you to share your profile with us by replying in this topic. You can use the following format to share your profile. Feel free to add any other details you would like to share.

Name/username:
Under-Graduate School :
Under-Graduate GPA:
GMAT/GRE Test scores:
Which round did you apply in?:
Total Work Experience :
Pre-MBA Industry :
Target industry post-MBA:
Brief about Work Experience :
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc):
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars:
International Experience :
Scholarship Given? :
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? :
Short-Term Goal :
Long-Term Goal :
Link to your interview debrief:
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? :
Any comments, feelings, or advice to share?:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
I have received an admit for IPMX 2023. I am actually working in the semiconductor industry for the last 6 years. Currently, I am in AMD, as a senior silicon design engineer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 901
Send PM
Hi Community, Please evaluate chances for Interview & Admit

Name: Ellen Adams
PGDM Shipping Management (Part time) - NMIMS, Mumbai - 70%
B.Sc. Nautical Science - T.S. Chanakya (Top of the league college for maritime studies, Intake by JEE - 79.7%). passed out in 2010 (In top five of Batch)
12th - CBSE 87.4% (Topper of Batch)
10th - CBSE 84.4% (Topper of Batch)
GMAT - 680 (Tyring to improve to 700)

Work Exp -
2010 - Dec 2014 --> Worked on board Ships for 4 Years for a Japanese shipping MNC. Multicultural environment, worked with people from 4 nationalities. Work area was in operations.
Jan 2015 - Jul 2017 --> Worked on shore Danish shipping MNC Maersk, also a fortune 500 company. Worked in Operations, especifically maritime security operations. (Anti-pirate/Antihijacking Operations)
Aug 2017 - Dec 2019 --> Took career break to prepare for Civil services, couldnt make it.
Jan 2020 - Dec 2021 --> Worked on shore for a small time shipping company based in Delhi. Resigned over issues unethical issues which my conscience did not allow to do.
Dec 2021 - Sept 2022 --> Worked for a family setup of small manufacturing unit.
Now --> Working on board ships

Short term goal post MBA - To get in an operations heavy company like Amazon
Long term Goal - To work my way up to COO level in a good company.

Another (and Main) reason for doing MBA --> Beacuse of Personal/family reasons I have to stay in north part of India, where there are not many good quality maritime jobs, So i nede to change industry to make a decent living.

Extracurricular Activities - Part of NCC group and also worked with an NGO that works for elderly. (Nirashrit Bhavans)

Hobbies - Have an active blog where I write poems and short stories. Some of the poem have also been published in a maritime magazine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Thonereturns wrote:
Hi Community, Please evaluate chances for Interview & Admit

Name: Ellen Adams
PGDM Shipping Management (Part time) - NMIMS, Mumbai - 70%
B.Sc. Nautical Science - T.S. Chanakya (Top of the league college for maritime studies, Intake by JEE - 79.7%). passed out in 2010 (In top five of Batch)
12th - CBSE 87.4% (Topper of Batch)
10th - CBSE 84.4% (Topper of Batch)
GMAT - 680 (Tyring to improve to 700)

Work Exp -
2010 - Dec 2014 --> Worked on board Ships for 4 Years for a Japanese shipping MNC. Multicultural environment, worked with people from 4 nationalities. Work area was in operations.
Jan 2015 - Jul 2017 --> Worked on shore Danish shipping MNC Maersk, also a fortune 500 company. Worked in Operations, especifically maritime security operations. (Anti-pirate/Antihijacking Operations)
Aug 2017 - Dec 2019 --> Took career break to prepare for Civil services, couldnt make it.
Jan 2020 - Dec 2021 --> Worked on shore for a small time shipping company based in Delhi. Resigned over issues unethical issues which my conscience did not allow to do.
Dec 2021 - Sept 2022 --> Worked for a family setup of small manufacturing unit.
Now --> Working on board ships

Short term goal post MBA - To get in an operations heavy company like Amazon
Long term Goal - To work my way up to COO level in a good company.

Another (and Main) reason for doing MBA --> Beacuse of Personal/family reasons I have to stay in north part of India, where there are not many good quality maritime jobs, So i nede to change industry to make a decent living.

Extracurricular Activities - Part of NCC group and also worked with an NGO that works for elderly. (Nirashrit Bhavans)

Hobbies - Have an active blog where I write poems and short stories. Some of the poem have also been published in a maritime magazine.

Hi,

I am a marine engineer in the merchant navy and will join IIM-Bangalore in the upcoming academic session.
So, I might be able to help you with this.

Your profile is competitive for IIMA, B, C and ISB. Although, a 700 plus score is highly advised.
You can expect interview calls from all the above B-schools, provide you write good essays and invest time in drafting a good application. Admission will depend on various factors such as your interview performance, your GMAT score, your articulation of various gaps ( UPSC prep ) in your CV, and the competitiveness of the applicant pool for that Round.

The backbone of any application is the Why MBA question and post-MBA goals. If you can introspect and invest time and effort in finding very specific, genuine and realistic answers then half the battle is won.

In case you feel that you might need professional help in the application and interview process then you can explore admission consultants. But be aware that not every admission consultant out there cares about you but there are that truly want to help.

Feel free to reach out in case you need further help!
All the best ! You can make it !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Education Qualification:
• B.E(CSE) - 8.2/10 CGPA
• Matric - 12th - 80%, 10th - 85%
GMAT Score: Preparing (Target 740+)

Work Experience: Overall 9.7 IT Experience
• Software Engineering (Developer) and Data Analyst Roles - ~5 years
• Operations/Project Manager – 4.7 years
3/9.7years worked with Amazon in Managerial/lead positions and have handled 15+ Automation and Innovation projects across 5 WW locations, including planning and liaising across business partners in Supply Chains Sector. Have handled a team of 20+ folks across verticals and excelled in people management as well

Achievements:
• Pure Performer in Amazon for playing a key role in testing phase for tradeshow leads and defined/suggested processes for validation & publishing the leads in portal
• Won First Prize in Re-IMAGINE 2017 with the cash award of 35K, a platform to exhibit ideas on improving the productivity, quality, cycle time of any process with skills on data analysis and automation of any current process – Amazon Development Centre
• Nominated and was a part of Pinnacle –India program Amazon (leadership development program for high performing women at managerial level)
• Successfully completed 6 months Amazon-IGNITE program for Quality lead to Operations Manager conversion
• Joint Secretary- Successfully organized National Level Technical Symposium “cZenia’11”, VCET Madurai
• First in Paper Presentation on “Brain Fingering Printing”; First prize in Ad zap –Intra college cultural events

Certification: Core Java-SE6 from NIIT; Oracle 10g from NIIT; Cisco Level 11

I am looking forward to 2024 -2025 One Year MBA programs (Full Time) across IIMs/ISB. Please share your thoughts, looking forward to a 1-1 mentorship as I am taking a higher studies path after a long working time. Looking forward for the Uplift 😊
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  43