GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 02:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Improving CR score within a month

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: LBS '18, IE April '17
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
Reviews Badge
Improving CR score within a month  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 20:21
Hi,

I am about to retake my GMAT in one month. Currently I am doing fairly well in SC and RC in mocks (gmat exam packs) (80-90 percentile) however CR score is still on the lower side (50-60 percentile). I got V34 and V35 in both mocks of exam pack 1.
I generally tend to eliminate options for most question types in CR. I recently enrolled in trial version of egmat scholaranium to improve verbal. I have 2 exam packs left now and want to score well in CR along with SC and RC. I am also practicing with gmat prep questions downloaded in pdf. Please suggest an approach to boost my verbal score to around 40 and above within few weeks.

Give kudos and appreciate if you think its worthwhile

e-GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Improving CR score within a month  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 05:05
What source are you using right now for CR?

Sent from my XT1562 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Improving CR score within a month  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 17:34
The biggest gains people make with CR is when they start making the effort to be generous to the original question. By generous, I mean they make the effort to understand the original argument.

What are their facts? What is their conclusion? Why do they believe their conclusion?

Don't jump into eliminating the answer choices before you understand the prompt. Make sense?

Boston-based GMAT and GRE Tutor. 750 on the GMAT, 170V/166Q on GRE, 5 stars on Yelp, 5 stars on Google. Always happy to help!

Visit my website to set up a free consultation for the GMAT or GRE. I also have free guides to help you study for the GMAT and GRE.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Improving CR score within a month &nbs [#permalink] 19 Mar 2018, 17:34

Improving CR score within a month

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap