GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2019, 02:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

In 1955 Maurice Duverger published The Political Role of Women, the fi

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Director
Director
D
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
Re: In 1955 Maurice Duverger published The Political Role of Women, the fi  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 16:16
aditliverpoolfc wrote:
time taken 16-17 minutes

accuracy : 100 %

how do i reduce the reading time ?? aragonn GMATNinja workout Gnpth SajjadAhmad

dabaobao

aditliverpoolfc
This strategy should help: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-destr ... 30247.html. While it's popular, you might want to tweak it according to your needs. One of the links in my signature should also help you with RC and general mindset for GMAT. Good luck!

If you found my post useful, KUDOS are much appreciated. Giving Kudos is a great way to thank and motivate contributors, without costing you anything.
SC Moderator
P
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Re: In 1955 Maurice Duverger published The Political Role of Women, the fi  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2019, 18:53
I missed #93. I'm thinking that the sentence that I made blue and bold is where the author implies that the findings are out-of-date.

93. The author implies that Duverger’s actual findings are

(A) limited because they focus on only four countries
(B) inaccurate in their description of the four countries in the early 1950s
(C) out-of-date in that they are inapplicable in the four countries today
(D) flawed because they are based on unsound data
(E) biased by Duverger’s political beliefs

betterscore wrote:
Duverger’s work set an early standard for the sensitive analysis of women’s electoral activities. Moreover, to Duverger’s credit, he placed his findings in the context of many of the historical processes that had shaped these activities. However, since these contexts have changed over time, Duverger’s approach has proved more durable than his actual findings. In addition, Duverger’s discussion of his findings was hampered by his failure to consider certain specific factors important to women’s electoral participation at the time he collected his data: the influence of political regimes, the effects of economic factors, and the ramifications of political and social relations between women and men. Given this failure, Duverger’s study foreshadowed the enduring limitations of the behavioralist approach to the multinational study of women’s political participation.

How to sort questions by Topic, Difficulty, and Source:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags
Manager
Manager
P

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2019, 22:44
5.56 time taken, 6/6, although my accuracy is high, I find it difficult to maintain it for science passages (maybe because I majored in business and social science, thus familiar with such passages and find them easy to follow but since have limited acquaintance with scientific passages, find the, challenging). Would appreciate if someone could recommend me to improve (I do read scientific texts these days but they dont seem to help). Thanks!
Re: In 1955 Maurice Duverger published The Political Role of Women, the fi   [#permalink] 05 May 2019, 22:44

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 23 posts ] 

In 1955 Maurice Duverger published The Political Role of Women, the fi

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics