GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jan 2019, 06:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 4 Tips for Interviews

January 18, 2019

January 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

4 tips that will help you prepare for MBA interviews
  • Personal MBA Coach’s Overview of Top EMBA Programs

January 19, 2019

January 19, 2019

Personal MBA Coach's Overview of Top EMBA Programs eBook To download for free, join our mailing list and receive weekly tips on perfecting your MBA applications

AMA - Insead alum

new topic post reply Update application status  
INSEAD Alum
AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Dec 2018, 07:44
Insead alumni who just came across this forum. Had a wonderful time at Insead and would love to help answer questions about the school to prospective students.

A little about me - recent graduate from Insead (within past 3 years). Was a sponsored student from one of the MBBs and deciding between US programs and Insead. Am really glad that I chose to go to Insead. Spent a wonderful year split between Fonty and Singy. Went back to my firm after the MBA and am based in one of the major international offices (think NYC, London, Dubai).

Happy to answer any questions about Insead and my experience!

Posted from my mobile device

This topic is part of the GMATClub School Ambassador Project. For similar topics on other schools, check GMATClub School Ambassador Project

Originally posted by inseadalum on 09 Dec 2018, 06:47.
Last edited by Narenn on 09 Dec 2018, 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador link
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2018, 07:42
Welcome to the forum and thanks for starting this conversation. Hope INSEAD applicants will take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about INSEAD. Reach out should you need any help on forum.

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 17:24
inseadalum wrote:
Insead alumni who just came across this forum. Had a wonderful time at Insead and would love to help answer questions about the school to prospective students.

A little about me - recent graduate from Insead (within past 3 years). Was a sponsored student from one of the MBBs and deciding between US programs and Insead. Am really glad that I chose to go to Insead. Spent a wonderful year split between Fonty and Singy. Went back to my firm after the MBA and am based in one of the major international offices (think NYC, London, Dubai).

Hi there, thanks for doing this.

I am a recent admit to the 20J batch. Have a couple of queries regarding recruitment for consulting firms.
1) In which period do the interviews start?
2) Is it much of an issue not being in the campus close to the region you want to recruit in, especially for consulting? (eg. recruiting for EU out of the Singapore campus or out of an exchange campus in US)

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

INSEAD Alum
AMA - Insead alum  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 21:31
nishantd88 wrote:
inseadalum wrote:

I am a recent admit to the 20J batch. Have a couple of queries regarding recruitment for consulting firms.
2) Is it much of an issue not being in the campus close to the region you want to recruit in, especially for consulting? (eg. recruiting for EU out of the Singapore campus or out of an exchange campus in US)

Congrats!

1) Consulting recruitment mostly happens in P4, with a small number spilling over into P5.

2) Officially, it's not an issue at all provided you fufill language requirements and explain why the particular region. But a consideration I'll factor in is most R2 interviews are at the office which selected you, so practically it is better to be closer to the region you're interested in for logistical reasons. Have seen interviewees flying 12 hours for a interview and being negativily affected by fatigue/jet lag.
INSEAD Thread Master
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 03:50
inseadalum wrote:
nishantd88 wrote:
inseadalum wrote:

Congrats!

1) Consulting recruitment mostly happens in P4, with a small number spilling over into P5.

2) Officially, it's not an issue at all provided you fufill language requirements and explain why the particular region. But a consideration I'll factor in is most R2 interviews are at the office which selected you, so practically it is better to be closer to the region you're interested in for logistical reasons. Have seen interviewees flying 12 hours for a interview and being negativily affected by fatigue/jet lag.

Thanks for sharing! That’s really useful. Can you share if any recruiting is done in P3, if at all? I am aiming to head to Fonty but as a singaporean, I am unsure if I should do fonty or singy for P3. Cheers!

INSEAD Alum

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 17:23
Hideto wrote:
Thanks for sharing! That’s really useful. Can you share if any recruiting is done in P3, if at all? I am aiming to head to Fonty but as a singaporean, I am unsure if I should do fonty or singy for P3. Cheers!

On campus recruitment only starts in P4, so P3 location doesn't matter unless you're trying to do some networking or targetting non-OCR roles.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: AMA - Insead alum &nbs [#permalink] 18 Dec 2018, 17:23

AMA - Insead alum

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap