GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 01:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2018, 01:47
sooolong wrote:
Is anybody talking about R3 yet ><

managed to submit right before deadline :lol:
very nervous now
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Sales (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2018, 12:03
JTdaniel wrote:
PhileasFogg wrote:
I also was not selected for the next round. German with 680 GMAT score, (run out of time in the quant section), IR 7, 120 Toefl score, GPA 4.0, MSc in Genetics, PhD in Immunology. My work experience comprise 6 years (including PhD) as a researcher at the Max Planck Society (world leading research institute) and almost 3 years as sales and scientific support manager in the healthcare industry. As such I am quite successful. My three references (one by an academic co-worker, two by industry supervisors) also gave me glowing reviews.
Alas, I was a bit disappointed by the generic reply letter, since I would hace liked to know whether e.g. my essays, or previous career was the reason for rejection. Nevertheless, it is INSEAD's loss in the end, not mine, since there are other business programs showing interest ;). I am not interested in going into consulting later on, but want to continue my career in the healthcare industry. In this sector INSEAD is known, but does not command the same respect as it might do in other industries, since most leadership personnel also hold a PhD or MD degree.

Posted from my mobile device

Ah schade. Don't be disheartened Phileas. INSEAD's healthcare placement is pretty dismal, so like you mentioned, its their loss not yours.

May I know what other programs you applied to?

Of course. I applied to Mannheim and Oxford, but now have to choose :-O
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 07:17
I´m an applicant of the 2 round and I have just been admitted. I have received the call this afternoon. Very happy right now
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 07:47
alexps wrote:
I´m an applicant of the 2 round and I have just been admitted. I have received the call this afternoon. Very happy right now

May we know your AO and region? Could you share a bit more background of yours?
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 08:01
Yes, no problem. My AO is IR and I am from Spain. I work in a small consulting firm in Spain and I have 6 years of experience with many projects abroad.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 08:14
alexps wrote:
Yes, no problem. My AO is IR and I am from Spain. I work in a small consulting firm in Spain and I have 6 years of experience with many projects abroad.

Thanks! well well done friend.
Expert Post
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 00:01
alexps wrote:

congrats @alexps~! did you ask to start at Fonty or Singy?

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Expert Post
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 00:09
sorry random49 it's against the GC rules to do profile reviews in the main school threads.

random49 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach

Hi! I've been following your posts constantly in the last 2 months through my INSEAD application process. Firstly, I'd like to thank you for posting so regularly and helping out applicants like me!

I applied to INSEAD in R3 and would appreciate your feedback on whether my profile stands a chance to be selected for the next round of interviews. Also, could you throw some light on possibilities of scholarships if selected in R3? Thank you!

My profile:

- GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38) [1st Attempt at GMAT - 650 (Q48, V31)]
- Undergrad GPA: 4.0
- Chartered Accountant with an All India Rank 15 out of 50,000 students [99% percentile]
- Nationality: Indian
- WE: 7 years
- International Experience: 18 months in Japan for work, visited over 10 countries for travel / work.
- WE Details: 2.5 years as a Financier (long term debt), 3 years at a Fortune 500 company as Business Finance partner (India & Japan), 1.5 years at a Non-Profit that works with Startups and helps them grow their business (Lead - Acceleration Program)
- Recommenders: Current manager (Indian), previous manager (Finnish, Director at a $1bn company), 3rd recommender (Founder of an NGO in India with 850 employees)
- Post MBA plan: To join a VC firm or a family office and invest in early stage start-ups.

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
WE: Design (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 01:01
Hi MBAPrepCoach

Thanks for the wishes. I am engineer working in the Clean Transportation domain for the past 3 years with a startup in India in Product/Project Management roles, had a GMAT score of 740 and total work experience of 7 years.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 01:36
MBAPrepCoach

Oh I'm sorry! I wasn't aware of the GC rules as I'm fairly new here. Thanks for the response though!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 02:03
MBAPrepCoach at Fonty
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 02:37
Hey guys, I have also just received a call on the acceptance to INSEAD.

Happy to respond to your questions and best of luck to those waiting!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 04:09
RTJP wrote:

Please tell us about AO and your background, work experience, international exposure, extracurriculars, etc.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 04:17
Bilalkhan118 wrote:
RTJP wrote:

Please tell us about AO and your background, work experience, international exposure, extracurriculars, etc.

My AO is JM, and I work in the construction industry at Singapore for about 4 years now.

I'm involved in organising my company's activities and also volunteer at church.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 05:42
RTJP wrote:
Bilalkhan118 wrote:
RTJP wrote:

My AO is JM, and I work in the construction industry at Singapore for about 4 years now.

I'm involved in organising my company's activities and also volunteer at church.

Many congrats.. hope to see you at INSEAD
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Jul 2018, 06:05
Hi everyone! I have been admitted and I really think I am going to accept :)

A couple of info about me: Italian, consultant at a BIG4, GMAT 690, diverse educational background (both humanistic and scientific), founder and leader of student associations and social enterprises, family business runner.

Is there any whatsapp group to join?

Good luck to everyone for the next rounds!!!!

Originally posted by tatasil on 04 Jul 2018, 02:52.
Last edited by tatasil on 04 Jul 2018, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 03:09
tatasil wrote:

A couple of info about me: Italian, consultant at a BIG4, GMAT 690, diverse educational background (both humanistic and scientific), founder and leader of student associations and social enterprises, business family runner.

Is there any whatsapp group to joint?

Big Congrats! Tatasil.
Who is your AO and when did you get the call?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 03:58
jingjiewang wrote:
tatasil wrote:

A couple of info about me: Italian, consultant at a BIG4, GMAT 690, diverse educational background (both humanistic and scientific), founder and leader of student associations and social enterprises, business family runner.

Big Congrats! Tatasil.

My AO is IR and I received my call on Monday 2nd.
Happy to help!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 12:43
tatasil wrote:
jingjiewang wrote:
tatasil wrote:

Big Congrats! Tatasil.

My AO is IR and I received my call on Monday 2nd.
Happy to help!

Hey guys. Congrats to all of you who have been accepted. Have you informed just by a phone call or you received an email as well? What was the country code? +33, France?
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 18:10
Yep! Through phone and +33 is the magic number

Posted from my mobile device
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)   [#permalink] 04 Jul 2018, 18:10

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23    Next  [ 458 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap