GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 May 2019, 13:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Is it the right time to take test

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, International Business
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Is it the right time to take test  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 01:07
Hi Experts and GMATclub membes
I gave my for the first time 2014 and scored 590 (q49, V20)
Then, again in 2016 and scored 630 (q50 v24)
And once again I am plannig to retake in the august 2017
But I am little nervous
Here I am putting test score from various test
Veritast 1to 7 (670, 690,700,710, 720)
Kaplan 2 ( score 720)
Gmat prep 3 690 (extende pack)
Gmat prep 4 700 (exteded pack)
GMAT prep 5 720 (extende pack)
Gmat prep 6 670 ( Attempt 1 4 months back ) 770 (Attempt2) (Extended pack)
within the last month I never scored less than 720.
I think All my test score are little inflated. because I solved many questions from GMATCLUB. So during exam, I feel that I am seeing question, which I solve earlier or question that require somewhat similar concept.
So to get away my fear I solved all th new problem of OG 2018.
Out of all the new RC question i.e out 20 or 21 new question I did 2 wrong.
In CR I did 4 wrong out of 19 or 21 question.
IN SC I did 4 wrong out of 21 or 20 question.
So, can I trust on these score that during my real GMAT I will be able to cross the bar of 700.
please explain
Retired Moderator
P
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Is it the right time to take test  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 01:21
SunnyIndia wrote:
But I am little nervous
Kaplan 2 ( score 720)
I think All my test score are little inflated. because I solved many questions from GMATCLUB. So during exam, I feel that I am seeing question, which I solve earlier or question that require somewhat similar concept.
IN SC I did 4 wrong out of 21 or 10 question.
So, can I trust on these score that during my real GMAT I will be able to cross the bar of 700.
please explain

Hi SunnyIndia, Answer to the question "What is the right time for the test" is never easy. Also, I feel it is very difficult to reach a stage wherein we can say that my study is now 100% complete. (I know few people do claim, but you know GMAT is not a test of your academics). Based on the error analysis above I don't think anyone can predict if it is a good time for your take now or are you going to score 700+. These numbers say that you are getting 20% questions wrong, does that mean you will get approximate % of questions right on GMAT, the answer can be yes and no. It also depends upon, where are you getting these questions wrong on GMAT exam, are those questions in first 10, or in the middle or in the end.

Offical mocs can give you some kind of prediction on the score, but as you have exhausted these tests, I would suggest try our Veritas or Manhattan tests. (Provided you have not answered those questions before, else these mocs will also reflect inflated score). If that is also not an option, go with the gut feeling. If you feel confident, go ahead and attempt the exam, if not, spend time in revising the concepts and then give it a shot.

Hope this helps!
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Best AWA Template: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html#p470475
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 01:34
ydmuley wrote:
SunnyIndia wrote:
But I am little nervous
Kaplan 2 ( score 720)
IN SC I did 4 wrong out of 21 or 10 question.
please explain

Hi SunnyIndia, Answer to the question "What is the right time for the test" is never easy. Also, I feel it is very difficult to reach a stage wherein we can say that my study is now 100% complete. (I know few people do claim, but you know GMAT is not a test of your academics). Based on the error analysis above I don't think anyone can predict if it is a good time for your take now or are you going to score 700+. These numbers say that you are getting 20% questions wrong, does that mean you will get approximate % of questions right on GMAT, the answer can be yes and no. It also depends upon, where are you getting these questions wrong on GMAT exam, are those questions in first 10, or in the middle or in the end.

Offical mocs can give you some kind of prediction on the score, but as you have exhausted these tests, I would suggest try our Veritas or Manhattan tests. (Provided you have not answered those questions before, else these mocs will also reflect inflated score). If that is also not an option, go with the gut feeling. If you feel confident, go ahead and attempt the exam, if not, spend time in revising the concepts and then give it a shot.

Hope this helps!

I already mentione that I gave all 7 veritas mock. my worst score was 670 a way back and all other 6 test score is in between 690 to 720
Retired Moderator
P
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 01:56
SunnyIndia wrote:

Thank you for your deep analysis.
s

Pleasure, all the best for your exam.
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Best AWA Template: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html#p470475
Director
Director
D
Affiliations: IIT Dhanbad
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 03:12
SunnyIndia wrote:
But I am little nervous
Kaplan 2 ( score 720)
please explain

Hello SunnyIndia

As far as I can analyse your Mock scores, You will land between 700 -740 actual GMAT score, mostly on the +ve side.
The reason being you have constantly score above 700 in the near future. Also you have solved sufficient number of GMAT questions on GMAT club.
Since the questions might be repeated in the actual test, ti doesn't matter a lot because the in the test you have a pressure of time. So due to pressure, you keep solving questions even if you have attempted the same question earlier. Also if you are getting questions from the same concepts which were tested by the u in the questions of GMAT. Its great that you have actually solved most of the questions types which will be asked in the actual GMAT exam.

So I would say don't worry much, Keep on solving questions on gmatclub forum with the timer on and take a convenient date in August if you are planning to apply this year and targeting a score above 700.

If you are planning a score above 750, try to find out your weak areas and solve more questions on GMAT club and take another mock to check your current GMAT level.

All the best.

MBA Social Network : WebMaggu

Appreciate by Clicking +1 Kudos ( Lets be more generous friends.)

What I believe is : "Nothing is Impossible, Even Impossible says I'm Possible" : "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish".
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 07:20
shashankism wrote:
SunnyIndia wrote:
But I am little nervous
Kaplan 2 ( score 720)
please explain

Hello SunnyIndia

As far as I can analyse your Mock scores, You will land between 700 -740 actual GMAT score, mostly on the +ve side.
The reason being you have constantly score above 700 in the near future. Also you have solved sufficient number of GMAT questions on GMAT club.
Since the questions might be repeated in the actual test, ti doesn't matter a lot because the in the test you have a pressure of time. So due to pressure, you keep solving questions even if you have attempted the same question earlier. Also if you are getting questions from the same concepts which were tested by the u in the questions of GMAT. Its great that you have actually solved most of the questions types which will be asked in the actual GMAT exam.

So I would say don't worry much, Keep on solving questions on gmatclub forum with the timer on and take a convenient date in August if you are planning to apply this year and targeting a score above 700.

If you are planning a score above 750, try to find out your weak areas and solve more questions on GMAT club and take another mock to check your current GMAT level.

All the best.

Thanks for you and positive comment, will revert you after my GMAT
Director
Director
D
Affiliations: IIT Dhanbad
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2017, 11:03
SunnyIndia wrote:

Thanks for you and positive comment, will revert you after my GMAT

Yes sure, Tell me your score after exams.. I am sure it will be way higher than 700.. All the best.. :)

MBA Social Network : WebMaggu

Appreciate by Clicking +1 Kudos ( Lets be more generous friends.)

What I believe is : "Nothing is Impossible, Even Impossible says I'm Possible" : "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish".
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Is it the right time to take test   [#permalink] 28 Jul 2017, 11:03

Is it the right time to take test

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap