It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 01:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2016, 23:01
srirampasupathi wrote:
Can you please evaluate my profile?
I am a mechanical engineering graduate working in automobile product development (R&D) for Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles.
I have got two promotions in 4 years and I have been recommended for promotion to next level.
I have 7.5 months of international experience where I worked with the product development team to solve some serious issue and was awarded for the same.
I got 'best employee recognition' award twice - One for initiating new team development and other for leading and solving a serious issue during product launch.

10th - 83%
12th - 86.5%
Undergrad - 81%
GMAT - 710 (Q48 V40)

Total experience: 4.5 years by March 31, 2016

I have got the State's Governor award for Social Service.
I am an avid trekker, trekked in Michigan, Himalayas and western ghats. I also like adventure sports (been to river rafting, skydiving).
I have run 10k marathon.
I have founded and work on a hardware startup (2 months old).
I have been invited by a startup accelerator to demo my product in their startup Fair happening in Hong Kong because they like my product idea.

What are my chances?

Thanks!


Your chances are pretty good. Work-ex is good (quality/quantity) and you have some international experience as well to show. GMAT is decent, and within the range of consideration. ECA is pretty good as well.

The only slight challenge you might face is in terms of articulating your career goals. A career in R&D is technically very rewarding, so creating the connect with an MBA and to explain what an MBA will help you achieve now can sometimes be a bit challenging, though is certainly doable. Similarly, you might need to explain why you wish to go for an MBA so soon after founding a startup and finding some success with it. Focus on having clear goals and enunciating a clear need for an MBA, and you should be good.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with further questions as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 05:36
dhruvtaneja wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
dhruvtaneja wrote:
My first time post on this forum. gyanone, you are doing tremendous job with profile evaluations. Request you to also please evaluate my profile also.

GMAT 730 but first attempt was 660 only
3 years of work experience working for TCS in Analytics
Decent extra-curriculars (football captain in college, active debater, some NGO work also)
Got promotion ahead of peers in TCS (will this count?)

My questions are:
1. Is this profile ok for ISB?
2. Should I apply now or wait for Round 1 next year?
3. After MBA I want to work for Mckenzie (my preference), does that firm recruit at ISB?
4. What areas should I improve on in my profile?
5. Will my first attempt of 660 harm me?




Hi

Please provide some more details and context into your profile. Also, please note that the firm is called McKinsey, and yes, it does recruit from ISB.


Hi

Some more profile details listed here

Engineer by education from one of the NITs. College acids were not good (less than 60% - is this a big concern?), but I was involved in organising many student events and also headed the sponsorship committee for them. Also played football, and worked in some student teams that volunteered for an NGO close to campus.

At TCS my work involves programming and customising TCS solutions for different clients and I usually work on analytics as my area of speciality. I have worked with clients from Germany and Japan, and of course India. I have also been onsite for 2 weeks once but rest of experience has all been in India. I like analytics and would like to continue in it after ISB also. If possible I am seeking placement in top consulting firms, but I have heard they don't look at candidates from IT backgrounds. Please tell me if this is the case.

Hope this will suffice. Please tell me if you need more specific info on something.


Hi Dhruv

Sorry for the late response here; we were swamped with multiple deadlines.

We think your profile is excellent and you should go ahead. A 730 GMAT definitely helps; work-ex in TCS is decent as well (it is not too differentiated given the IT pool, but the analytics part really helps). And no, your earlier attempt at 660 will not harm you.

All the best!
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2016, 03:39
With all ISB applications for R2 submitted, here's wishing all ISB applicants the best for upcoming interviews and final admits.

To all those who have submitted in this round - please do not wait till you receive the interview notification to start preparing for your interviews. Start now.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2016
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2016, 03:00
Hi Gyanone

When are interview calls for Mumbai expected to go out for Round 2 applicants for ISB?

Thanks, Avishek

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 23:03
Avishek2004 wrote:
Hi Gyanone

When are interview calls for Mumbai expected to go out for Round 2 applicants for ISB?

Thanks, Avishek


Hi Avishek

Interview calls for some locations (Delhi included) have started to go out now.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Status: Applicant
Joined: 21 Sep 2015
Posts: 56

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2016, 02:03
Hi GyanOne,

Any idea about the timelines on Skype interviews ?

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2016, 02:04
niksguitar wrote:
Hi GyanOne,

Any idea about the timelines on Skype interviews ?


Hi niksguitar,

Skype interviews are rolling. They are not being done in batches as the face-to-face interviews in different locations are being done. For this reason, a Skype interview call can go out at any time in the specific period for interviews.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Status: Applicant
Joined: 21 Sep 2015
Posts: 56

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2016, 02:18
They still provide a 5-7 day heads up right ?

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2016, 02:22
niksguitar wrote:
They still provide a 5-7 day heads up right ?


Not necessarily. That is more in the case of face-to-face interviews. Skype interviews may have a shorter notice period.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Status: Applicant
Joined: 21 Sep 2015
Posts: 56

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2016, 02:29
Thanks GyanOne, I better be prepared then.

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2014
Posts: 233

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 04:07
Hi,

Hope this mail finds you in good health and spirits. Looking forward to the class entering 2017. (class of 2018)

Can you evaluate the below:

XII - 69%
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication - 81.2% (Vellore Institute of Technology, VIT)
GMAT - 650

Work Experience:

Here's the interesting part, as usual got placed in the campus recruitment and joined TCS in 2009.
But, my propensity towards entrepreneurship always has been a constant motivating factor. Though I gave my best in the job - in Business Intelligence vertical (youngest subject matter expert for data warehousing in the team) and recieved several accolades and laurels from the UK based banking client and TCS including " Star of the month and quarter".

After 2.5 years in the job, I took a great calculative risk and opened a trading firm in Odisha which deals in Public Address system and electronic spare spares. After taking a capital loan of 10 lacs and my savings, I started trading and selling it to the market. I opened my firm in Jan, 2011 and the first year itself saw a annual turn over of 1.5 crores. Over the period of close to 5 years, my turn over rose to 35 crores.

I have relevant IT returns to prove the above.

Total work exp (7 years till now): 2.5 years in TCS
4.5 years in my own business.

Major Achievement:
Created jobs for 25 people in my trading firm.
Massive growth in volume.

Why MBA?
Want to expand my network and knowledge so that I can achieve my ambition to transform from a regional trading firm to a national one. Want to diversify my business into Carrying and forwarding agencies of other brands.

Extra Curricular:
Member and volunteer of Youth Red Cross Society.
President and main organizer for college level festival s.

Does my profile eligible for ISB - PGP?

Thanks in advance for your support.
_________________

Kindly press the Kudos to appreciate my post !! :-)

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 5

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 19:56
FightToSurvive wrote:
Hi,

Hope this mail finds you in good health and spirits. Looking forward to the class entering 2017. (class of 2018)

Can you evaluate the below:

XII - 69%
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication - 81.2% (Vellore Institute of Technology, VIT)
GMAT - 650

Work Experience:

Here's the interesting part, as usual got placed in the campus recruitment and joined TCS in 2009.
But, my propensity towards entrepreneurship always has been a constant motivating factor. Though I gave my best in the job - in Business Intelligence vertical (youngest subject matter expert for data warehousing in the team) and recieved several accolades and laurels from the UK based banking client and TCS including " Star of the month and quarter".

After 2.5 years in the job, I took a great calculative risk and opened a trading firm in Odisha which deals in Public Address system and electronic spare spares. After taking a capital loan of 10 lacs and my savings, I started trading and selling it to the market. I opened my firm in Jan, 2011 and the first year itself saw a annual turn over of 1.5 crores. Over the period of close to 5 years, my turn over rose to 35 crores.

I have relevant IT returns to prove the above.

Total work exp (7 years till now): 2.5 years in TCS
4.5 years in my own business.

Major Achievement:
Created jobs for 25 people in my trading firm.
Massive growth in volume.

Why MBA?
Want to expand my network and knowledge so that I can achieve my ambition to transform from a regional trading firm to a national one. Want to diversify my business into Carrying and forwarding agencies of other brands.

Extra Curricular:
Member and volunteer of Youth Red Cross Society.
President and main organizer for college level festival s.

Does my profile eligible for ISB - PGP?

Thanks in advance for your support.


Hi FightToSurvive,

Thanks for posting. Your profile is certainly differentiated - there are few people who can set up a business of that magnitude in a niche area and then make it this successful. Your earlier (TCS) work-ex is fine too and so is your college performance.

The only hindrance here might be the GMAT score. At 650, you are at the edge of consideration. Your profile and application might still be able to get you through, but you could be more confident if you raised that score a bit. Given the fact that you have quite some time available before the ISB application for next year opens up, try and use the time to retake the GMAT and try and raise your score. While even a somewhat lower score would work, try and aim for 700 as a good target.

Apart from this, you will need to be more specific and clear on your reasons for seeking an MBA and what you hope to achieve through it (what you have mentioned helps, but is not detailed enough as of now, but maybe that's because you have just posted here in brief for profile evaluation). Anyway, all that can be looked at a later point.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more questions as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 06:58
Calls for Kolkata going out now.....most interviews on 13th/14th
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2016
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2016, 05:01
GyanOne wrote:
Avishek2004 wrote:
Hi Gyanone

When are interview calls for Mumbai expected to go out for Round 2 applicants for ISB?

Thanks, Avishek


Hi Avishek

Interview calls for some locations (Delhi included) have started to go out now.


Hi GyanOne

Ok - is there a correlation between getting the 'application complete' email and getting the interview call (fixed number of days)?

Thanks, Avishek

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 02:51
Avishek2004 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
Avishek2004 wrote:
Hi Gyanone

When are interview calls for Mumbai expected to go out for Round 2 applicants for ISB?

Thanks, Avishek


Hi Avishek

Interview calls for some locations (Delhi included) have started to go out now.


Hi GyanOne

Ok - is there a correlation between getting the 'application complete' email and getting the interview call (fixed number of days)?

Thanks, Avishek


Hi Avishek

No, not as such. We would say it is more city-specific.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Schools: ISB '17 (II)
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 01:43
Hi GyanOne,
What is the expected intake this year at ISB? When Mohali campus opened, the total intake was about 770. For co2016, the total intake is 813.

Since roughly 90% of the intake is comprised of engineering and commerce background, does this imply that the odds of selection of a clinical doctor are low and ISB does not prefer such candidates?

Also, I needed some tips for interview preparation with regards to my profile.

Personal profile : Dr. Akhilesh Gandhi, 26 years, male, Indian

Academic backround :
10th from CBSE, India : 85%
12th from Maharashtra State board in PCB : 76%
MBBS from Indira Gandhi Government Medical college, Nagpur : from 2007 to 2013
MBBS average Percentage : 64%(1840/2850 marks)
GMAT : Total score : 680 (Q48 V35 AWA 4.5 and IR 3)
Passed UK professional exam PLAB part 1 and 2 in first attempt

Professional background:
Internship : 12 months : Feb. 2012 to March 2013 in JJ Government hospital and Cama Hospital, Mumbai
Resident medical officer of Oncosurgery: 10 months; from Apr. 2013 to Feb 2014, Central India Cancer Research Institute, Nagpur
Clinical Trust Fellow in Trauma and Orthopedic surgery in London deanery NHS Hospital : 16 months (Current Job)
Resident medical Officer in Ramsay group of hospitals, UK : 4 months
Currently living and working in UK

Total Work experience: 30 months (as on march 2016)

Extra- Curriculars:
Chess: 2 time National chess championship qualifier and one time National bronze medallist in under 19 category. University level gold medallist.
Athletics : state level athlete in 800m 1500m and 4x400m relay.
Social service: Worked in NACO's AIDS awareness campaigns, Worked with Rotary's drive for Leprosy care, Organized Cataract surgical camps in rural parts.
Research work: Got student research paper in field of microbiology selected and awarded at national level by Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR)

Future plan post MBA: Want to build a start-up to provide "at your doorstep" comprehensive care and healthcare services for patients with TB.

Thanks in advance. :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 04:12
akhigandhi wrote:
Hi GyanOne,
What is the expected intake this year at ISB? When Mohali campus opened, the total intake was about 770. For co2016, the total intake is 813.

Since roughly 90% of the intake is comprised of engineering and commerce background, does this imply that the odds of selection of a clinical doctor are low and ISB does not prefer such candidates?

Also, I needed some tips for interview preparation with regards to my profile.

Personal profile : Dr. Akhilesh Gandhi, 26 years, male, Indian

Academic backround :
10th from CBSE, India : 85%
12th from Maharashtra State board in PCB : 76%
MBBS from Indira Gandhi Government Medical college, Nagpur : from 2007 to 2013
MBBS average Percentage : 64%(1840/2850 marks)
GMAT : Total score : 680 (Q48 V35 AWA 4.5 and IR 3)
Passed UK professional exam PLAB part 1 and 2 in first attempt

Professional background:
Internship : 12 months : Feb. 2012 to March 2013 in JJ Government hospital and Cama Hospital, Mumbai
Resident medical officer of Oncosurgery: 10 months; from Apr. 2013 to Feb 2014, Central India Cancer Research Institute, Nagpur
Clinical Trust Fellow in Trauma and Orthopedic surgery in London deanery NHS Hospital : 16 months (Current Job)
Resident medical Officer in Ramsay group of hospitals, UK : 4 months
Currently living and working in UK

Total Work experience: 30 months (as on march 2016)

Extra- Curriculars:
Chess: 2 time National chess championship qualifier and one time National bronze medallist in under 19 category. University level gold medallist.
Athletics : state level athlete in 800m 1500m and 4x400m relay.
Social service: Worked in NACO's AIDS awareness campaigns, Worked with Rotary's drive for Leprosy care, Organized Cataract surgical camps in rural parts.
Research work: Got student research paper in field of microbiology selected and awarded at national level by Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR)

Future plan post MBA: Want to build a start-up to provide "at your doorstep" comprehensive care and healthcare services for patients with TB.

Thanks in advance. :)


Hi akhigandhi,

The total final intake at ISB is decided pretty late, based on a number of factors, including the number of people accepting admits, and the number of people finally attending (may be different from the number of people accepting). Roughly, ISB will try to keep it at around 800.

The latest ISB class profile reveals that the number of engineers stands at 72% of the current intake (Co2016), and not as high as 90%. Still, 72% is quite a majority too. As a doctor, you are in fact at an advantage in such a pool, not a disadvantage. Diversity counts. So dont worry about being in the minority by background.

On interview prep, do focus on questions around why you wish to return to India so soon post-MBA, have clarity on your career goals (doorstep pathology is understandable, but doorstep healthcare services beyond the very basic are a complex proposition), and be ready to defend your decision of getting an MBA (which may not be a natural fit with a doctor's profile, so you may need to do some convincing there).

All the best!
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 05:39
hi gyan,
i have given my gmat in may 2015. can u plz analyse my profile and suggest some colleges for me.


gmat score-760
gpa- 3.2 (electrical engineering) from IT-BHU
working in NTPC (power sector) for 7 yrs
10+2-- 64%
10th -77%
was captain of college chess team
done some basic work for unpreviledged children in college

i haven't started yet on application process and college shortlisting n also don't have a clear idea of what kind of job I m looking. honestly speaking, I m stuck up in my job and so want to go for an MBA.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 03:08
PRAVEEN433 wrote:
hi gyan,
i have given my gmat in may 2015. can u plz analyse my profile and suggest some colleges for me.


gmat score-760
gpa- 3.2 (electrical engineering) from IT-BHU
working in NTPC (power sector) for 7 yrs
10+2-- 64%
10th -77%
was captain of college chess team
done some basic work for unpreviledged children in college

i haven't started yet on application process and college shortlisting n also don't have a clear idea of what kind of job I m looking. honestly speaking, I m stuck up in my job and so want to go for an MBA.


Hi Praveen

Your GMAT score at 760 is excellent. Just a bit curious here - given that you took the GMAT in May 2015, why did you not apply in 2015 itself?

That aside, your profile is decent overall. 7 years of work-ex in NTPC (in operations, assumedly) is good, differentiated experience. Your college acads and school acads aren't stellar, but your GMAT score will help to overcome that to some extent. Too little information to really talk much about ECA.

As far as ISB goes, your profile is certainly suitable enough for you to apply. For other schools, selection is a detailed process and a number of other parameters would be needed for that. As this thread is only for ISB, request you to contact us directly for queries beyond that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back on queries on your profile or on ISB on this thread itself.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 11:36
More than 30 GyanOne clients (and counting) made it through R2 admissions for ISB (2016 intake). Congrats to all!

For those still waiting for the 'official' email from ISB to arrive with the good news, that should happen tomorrow.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Re: ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!!   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2016, 11:36

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 224 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Thank you GyanOne MBA Consultants for ISB Application AITZ 3 11 Dec 2016, 23:47
12 Ask ISB Admissions ISBAdmissions 11 16 Sep 2016, 20:06
Experts publish their posts in the topic ISB aspirants - Ask Apphelp Apphelp 35 29 Nov 2016, 02:10
5 ISB applicants 2014 - Ask GyanOne GyanOne 27 03 May 2015, 02:07
Experts publish their posts in the topic ISB application question amba2013 3 27 Jun 2014, 01:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB applicants - Ask GyanOne!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.