Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:54 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi All,

Requesting for Profile Evaluation please.

GMAT Score:- Yet to appear (Targeting Class of 2020) - One Year Program
Class X:- 66% (ICSE Board)
Class XII:- 60% (CBSE Board)
B-Tech in Electrical Engineering:- CGPA 7.69 (West Bengal University of Technology)

Work Ex:- 6.3 Years as of now for M/s Schneider Electric (Solar Sector). Serving notice period now.
Designation:- Deputy Manager (Solar Division)

Will be joining M/s Aditya Birla Group (Solar Sector) from April'19.
Designation:- Deputy Manager (Technical Lead-Pan India for all Aditya Birla Solar Plants)

Profile Summary:-
A competent professional with 6+ years of experience with Power & Solar Sector in Project Execution & Commissioning (Power & Solar Sector) including client interaction, team management and customer support. My job includes intensive travelling all over India Project Wise. Till date I have traveled to many states for projects which includes remote areas where Solar Plants are being set up. Till date I have commissioned a total of 823MW of Solar Power Plants and have worked on different voltage levels ranging upto 220KV. I am the commissioning head for Schneider Electric Solar Division and have 5 direct reportees under me.

Jobs Execution Details:-
>Expertise in planning and executing electrical and solar construction projects with a flair for adopting modern construction methodologies; complying with quality standards.
>Managing the site customer, daily meeting attends, drawing approval and materials management.
>Reviewing, studying & providing necessary feedback of the Engineering drawings & Layouts.
>Developing project baselines; monitoring & controlling projects with respect to cost, resource deployment, time over-runs and quality compliance to ensure satisfactory execution of projects.
>Anchoring on-site commissioning activities to ensure completion of project within the time & cost parameters and effective resource utilization to maximize the output.
>Customer management and providing remote assistance to clients during plant shutdown.
>Have worked for different clients including Govt and Semi Government organisations all over India.
>Leading a team of sub-vendors to work at site locations.

Extracurricular Activities:-
>Worked in Uttarkhand Flood Relief campaign which was conducted by Schneider providing assistance to restore power.
>Active Football member both in School & College Team.
>Won the Inter Dept. Cricket Championship at Schneider Electric.
>During my leaves or hometown visit I provide teaching assistance at a NGO for underprivileged students at my hometown.
>Won different medals for sports events at school.

Post MBA Goals:-
Currently I am working mostly on the technical aspects of projects. Post MBA I want to see myself in Project Management controlling a full team including financial aspects also.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Utsav Mukherjee
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
Utsav Mukherjee wrote:
Hi All,

Requesting for Profile Evaluation please.

GMAT Score:- Yet to appear (Targeting Class of 2020) - One Year Program
Class X:- 66% (ICSE Board)
Class XII:- 60% (CBSE Board)
B-Tech in Electrical Engineering:- CGPA 7.69 (West Bengal University of Technology)

Work Ex:- 6.3 Years as of now for M/s Schneider Electric (Solar Sector). Serving notice period now.
Designation:- Deputy Manager (Solar Division)

Will be joining M/s Aditya Birla Group (Solar Sector) from April'19.
Designation:- Deputy Manager (Technical Lead-Pan India for all Aditya Birla Solar Plants)

Profile Summary:-
A competent professional with 6+ years of experience with Power & Solar Sector in Project Execution & Commissioning (Power & Solar Sector) including client interaction, team management and customer support. My job includes intensive travelling all over India Project Wise. Till date I have traveled to many states for projects which includes remote areas where Solar Plants are being set up. Till date I have commissioned a total of 823MW of Solar Power Plants and have worked on different voltage levels ranging upto 220KV. I am the commissioning head for Schneider Electric Solar Division and have 5 direct reportees under me.

Jobs Execution Details:-
>Expertise in planning and executing electrical and solar construction projects with a flair for adopting modern construction methodologies; complying with quality standards.
>Managing the site customer, daily meeting attends, drawing approval and materials management.
>Reviewing, studying & providing necessary feedback of the Engineering drawings & Layouts.
>Developing project baselines; monitoring & controlling projects with respect to cost, resource deployment, time over-runs and quality compliance to ensure satisfactory execution of projects.
>Anchoring on-site commissioning activities to ensure completion of project within the time & cost parameters and effective resource utilization to maximize the output.
>Customer management and providing remote assistance to clients during plant shutdown.
>Have worked for different clients including Govt and Semi Government organisations all over India.
>Leading a team of sub-vendors to work at site locations.

Extracurricular Activities:-
>Worked in Uttarkhand Flood Relief campaign which was conducted by Schneider providing assistance to restore power.
>Active Football member both in School & College Team.
>Won the Inter Dept. Cricket Championship at Schneider Electric.
>During my leaves or hometown visit I provide teaching assistance at a NGO for underprivileged students at my hometown.
>Won different medals for sports events at school.

Post MBA Goals:-
Currently I am working mostly on the technical aspects of projects. Post MBA I want to see myself in Project Management controlling a full team including financial aspects also.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Utsav Mukherjee

Hi utsav Mukherjee

Thanks for your detailed post.

Considering your managerial and teamwork skills, client-handling abilities, the experience of working in remote areas, and decent extra-curricular activities, your profile has a number of takeaway points. Of course, how you present the same through your essays will be very crucial. Considering you have plenty of time at hand before the R1 applications for the next season, we suggest that you spend a good amount of time deliberating upon the same. Very importantly, the career goals should be tied up in a way that they appear to be a logical extension of your current professional experience. Needeless to say, the short-term and long-term goals should seamlessly fit in with each other.

Further to the above, a very important element in the applications process is your GMAT Score. Unfortunately, we do not have clarity with regard to the same. However, if you are in the process of preparing for the same, we strongly recommend that you aim for a score upwards of 720.

While questions may change in the coming year, the following video will give you a perspective on how you could approach the ISB essays:

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V42
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Profile Evaluation Needed - YLP Applicant

Male, 20 years
BA Economics, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai

GPA: 3.44/4
12th (State Board): 82%
10th (ICSE): 86%

GMAT: Yet to give

Job Offer:
Analyst, Deloitte Strategy & Ops Consulting (planning on going ahead with this offer as well, so completing 20 months of work ex in the next two years shouldn't be a problem)

Work experience:
Two 2 month long internships with middle-to-late stage startups (Zilingo and Drip Capital)

Positions of Responsibility:
- Vice Chairperson, Xavier's annual Economics Conference

- Sales & Marketing Core Team Member and Sector Manager (FMCG), Malhar, Xavier's annual cultural festival

Research Papers:
- Macroeconomic Research on multiple middle eastern countries (Primarily Qatar, Iran)

- Analysis of the Kraft-Heinze merger

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Lamda wrote:

Male, 20 years

Job Offer:
Analyst, Deloitte Strategy & Ops Consulting (planning on going ahead with this offer as well, so completing 20 months of work ex in the next two years shouldn't be a problem)

Work experience:
Two 2 month long internships with middle-to-late stage startups (Zilingo and Drip Capital)

- Sales & Marketing Core Team Member and Sector Manager (FMCG), Malhar, Xavier's annual cultural festival

Research Papers:
- Macroeconomic Research on multiple middle eastern countries (Primarily Qatar, Iran)

Hello Lamda,

Thanks for writing in.

You have a decent overall profile; however, much will depend on your GMAT score, as well as the quality of your essays. Do look for a score up and above 720 on the GMAT; the higher the better. At the same time, do put in a good amount of thought into how you wish to portray your achievements through your essays.

Should you have any specific follow-up questions, feel free to write to us.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V42
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
ExpertsGlobal wrote:
Lamda wrote:

Male, 20 years

Job Offer:

Work experience:

Research Papers:

Hello

Thanks for writing in.

You have a decent overall profile; however, much will depend on your GMAT score, as well as the quality of your essays. Do look for a score up and above 720 on the GMAT; the higher the better. At the same time, do put in a good amount of thought into how you wish to portray your achievements through your essays.

Should you have any specific follow-up questions, feel free to write to us.

All the best!

Hello, and thanks for the swift response!

720+ would be ideal, yes. In your experience though, keeping aside my GMAT score, do you reckon my profile ranks below or above the average YLP student's?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Send PM
I am a typical IT Background.
Profile:
X- 83
Xii- 86
Btech - 80

Job- software developer in business intelligence at an mnc.
5 years experience started immediately after graduation

Gre-315

I have applied for you round 3 but did not get a call.
Will it work for pgp pro and as well they have not provided last year candidates profile for pvp pro.

I am ready to try for 2020 as well for pgp by boosting my score but my doubt is even if I get a decent score of 720 will i get an admission as I am from routine it background and do not have any extra curricular or any uniqueness in my profile and most of my friends did bit get admit this year for pgp even with 710+.

Send PM
Expert Reply
tejyr wrote:
I am a typical IT Background.
Profile:
X- 83
Xii- 86
Btech - 80

Job- software developer in business intelligence at an mnc.
5 years experience started immediately after graduation

Gre-315

I have applied for you round 3 but did not get a call.
Will it work for pgp pro and as well they have not provided last year candidates profile for pvp pro.

I am ready to try for 2020 as well for pgp by boosting my score but my doubt is even if I get a decent score of 720 will i get an admission as I am from routine it background and do not have any extra curricular or any uniqueness in my profile and most of my friends did bit get admit this year for pgp even with 710+.

Hello tejyr,

No GRE score will ever guarantee you admission as the school will evaluate your profile in a holistic manner. That said, the GRE score is an important component and considering your current score was fairly below the average, you must re-take and apply again.

Comparing your profile with that of others is not the correct approach. Besides the GRE score, the quality of your essays, particularly how clearly they portray your career goals and achievements is equally important. Hence, any speculation in this regard is not recommended.

Your current post does not share any major details about your career progression, achievements, extra-curricular activities and for a detailed profile evaluation, we will require the same.
In the interim period, however, we suggest that you go through the following video as the same will help you gain a perspective on how you must approach your essays and what really makes an impact:

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
International Trade Finance Banker:

I have completed my Std X and XII with decent scores. Went for Power Engineering afterwards, lost a year to illness.

Job details : Due to the lost year, employment in engineering was an impossible task, so I joined ICICI Bank in the International trade division, moved to Deutsche Bank in a similar business vertical. I also have the professional certification of CDCS. This is my fifth year of employment combined.

Post my MBA, I plan to stay in the Trade Finance field and eventually move into a regulatory role at an agency like SWIFT, WEF or the ICC.

Please evaluate my profile.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi All,

My name is Saikumar 25 yrs old.
I have done my engineering from (IARE)JNTU Hyd in Aeronautical Engineering.
10th : 87.5%
12th : 92.3%
B.tech : 75%

I am with Capgemini IT services for past 3 yrs currently working in Capgemini Mexico for 5 months. Planning for ISB intake next year.
Got few awards such as Rising Star and Customer innovation working in capgemini.

As a typical Indian IT profile, let me know the GMAT score I need to target for sure admit and any other things that can help boost my profile(planning to join toast masters here in mexico city to improve spanish language skills :P)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
SK.
Send PM
Expert Reply
saikumar_kale wrote:
Hi All,

My name is Saikumar 25 yrs old.
I have done my engineering from (IARE)JNTU Hyd in Aeronautical Engineering.
10th : 87.5%
12th : 92.3%
B.tech : 75%

I am with Capgemini IT services for past 3 yrs currently working in Capgemini Mexico for 5 months. Planning for ISB intake next year.
Got few awards such as Rising Star and Customer innovation working in capgemini.

As a typical Indian IT profile, let me know the GMAT score I need to target for sure admit and any other things that can help boost my profile(planning to join toast masters here in mexico city to improve spanish language skills :P)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
SK.

Hello saikumar_kale,

Thanks for writing in.

Your international experience, as well as the awards, will definitely add value to your overall case. However, with no real information on your career progression, goals, and extra-curricular activities, it is difficult to provide you a detailed evaluation.

While no score guarantees an admit, you should definitely aim for a score upwards of 710; the higher you score, the better is going to be. Besides, the GMAT score, your essays will also have a very crucial role to play in determining your chances.

Further to the above, the following video will also help you approach the ISB essays (provided the questions remain the same as this year):

Should you have any follow-up questions, feel free to write to us.

All the best!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Chinmay5391 wrote:

I have completed my Std X and XII with decent scores. Went for Power Engineering afterwards, lost a year to illness.

Job details : Due to the lost year, employment in engineering was an impossible task, so I joined ICICI Bank in the International trade division, moved to Deutsche Bank in a similar business vertical. I also have the professional certification of CDCS. This is my fifth year of employment combined.

Post my MBA, I plan to stay in the Trade Finance field and eventually move into a regulatory role at an agency like SWIFT, WEF or the ICC.

Hi Chinmay5391,

Your post is missing a number of important details - GMAT score, achievements at work, career progression, extra-curricular activities etc. We request you to kindly provide us with the details so we can help you with a detailed evaluation.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
ExpertsGlobal wrote:
Chinmay5391 wrote:

Hi,

Your post is missing a number of important details - GMAT score, achievements at work, career progression, extra-curricular activities etc. We request you to kindly provide us with the details so we can help you with a detailed evaluation.

All the best!

Hi,

I have won a few sales contests at my first job and have consistently been the top 3 in my present one. I have also been a part of the CSR outreach group at Deutsche Bank and the Deutsche Bank Toastmasters club.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Please evaluate my profile and tell me whether I have a realistic chance at cracking ISB EEO or not.
10/12/Btech - 81.7/80.2/64
Currently 10 months Business development executive work ex at TIME(CAT coaching institute)
Extra curriculars - School Cricket team captain.
Helped organised the college's sports fest.
Member of the college football team.
Also, what GMAT score should I target, if I have any chance that is. Also, please tell me a score at which its actually possible to convert the call and not just the bare minimum to get a call.
Thank you very much in advance :)

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Friends,

Pls evaluate my profile.

WORK PROFILE:
Currently i'm working as a customs officer (Group-B service) in Govt of India - 3+ years experience.
previously worked as an Assistant manager in a private bank(Core Banking Services) for 1 year.

EDUCATION:
10Th - 78.5%
Intermediate -80%
B-Tech, Biotechnology - 73%
I went to US for my M.S in Biotechnology(with full scholarship), figured out that i've taken a wrong step and that my path didn't align with my long term goals. After talking to my parents and seniors i figured out that i need to do an MBA and also that i need to have a proper work experience before entering into MBA. I moved back to India (dropped out of university) and then my work profile explains what i did.

Hobbies:
Playing Table tennis, watching movies and doing meditation.

Planning to pursue my PGP from ISB and about to start my preparation of GMAT.

Friends, when i self-evaluate my profile, i can't make out where i stand. Throughout my education I've been an above average student. I didn't want to continue in Biotechnology, so i have searched for a career in fields like banking and government and i got into government service where i have a great work experience. But i couldn't find anyone with a similar profile, who has got into ISB. Therefore, i'm very confused. Please evaluate my profile and feel free to tell me if there is any chance for me to get into premier institutes like ISB. Also tell me how much GMAT score would increase my chance of getting into ISB, If any.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
glenrawat96 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile and tell me whether I have a realistic chance at cracking ISB EEO or not.
10/12/Btech - 81.7/80.2/64
Currently 10 months Business development executive work ex at TIME(CAT coaching institute)
Extra curriculars - School Cricket team captain.
Helped organised the college's sports fest.
Member of the college football team.
Also, what GMAT score should I target, if I have any chance that is. Also, please tell me a score at which its actually possible to convert the call and not just the bare minimum to get a call.
Thank you very much in advance :)

There is no bare minimum GMAT score required ( in official language). However, it pays to have a score over 700.
Its difficult to make out your unique factors/ spikes in your profile from the info you have provided above. Do get back with your achievements, both personal and professional
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have only been working for 10 months, hence I do not have many proffessional achievements. I have a couple Employee of the month awards. Thats it.
On a personal front, I have won a couple of inter college and inter school tournaments with my football and cricket teams. This is all there is.
Should I realistically aim for ISB EEO? If yes, then what should I do now to improve my chances.
TIA :)

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
CHRISKAY wrote:
Hi Friends,

Pls evaluate my profile.

WORK PROFILE:
Currently i'm working as a customs officer (Group-B service) in Govt of India - 3+ years experience.
previously worked as an Assistant manager in a private bank(Core Banking Services) for 1 year.

EDUCATION:
10Th - 78.5%
Intermediate -80%
B-Tech, Biotechnology - 73%
I went to US for my M.S in Biotechnology(with full scholarship), figured out that i've taken a wrong step and that my path didn't align with my long term goals. After talking to my parents and seniors i figured out that i need to do an MBA and also that i need to have a proper work experience before entering into MBA. I moved back to India (dropped out of university) and then my work profile explains what i did.

Hobbies:
Playing Table tennis, watching movies and doing meditation.

Planning to pursue my PGP from ISB and about to start my preparation of GMAT.

Friends, when i self-evaluate my profile, i can't make out where i stand. Throughout my education I've been an above average student. I didn't want to continue in Biotechnology, so i have searched for a career in fields like banking and government and i got into government service where i have a great work experience. But i couldn't find anyone with a similar profile, who has got into ISB. Therefore, i'm very confused. Please evaluate my profile and feel free to tell me if there is any chance for me to get into premier institutes like ISB. Also tell me how much GMAT score would increase my chance of getting into ISB, If any.

Whenever you apply, your application will stand on its own merit. so highlight the areas where you are excellent. Also highlight the impact you have created, and leave the past behind :)
Essentially the need for an MBA has to connect with a future purpose in life, also known as career goals. What is it that you wish to do going forward, 3 years from now, 5 years from now, 10 years from now? An MBA is a medium to help you prepare for that role (and this should be aspirational, something you can not achieve without the MBA).
Once you get these stories right, your chances for admission will be as good as anyone else's (and yeah, the 700+ GMAT still counts).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  123   124   125   126   127  ...  307