[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation : ISB - Page 150
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 06:07 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 06:07
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Schools: (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 617 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
adeep93 wrote:
*Posting again for Visibility*
Hey,

It will be great if someone could help me in evaluating my profile for ISB.

I'm working as a software engineer at the Adobe. Been a part of Adobe Acrobat Team for 4 years and worked on PDF (Both in Quality and Development) and its related solutions. Have worked cross-functionally with other teams within my company and outside my company.

Academic Stats -

USICT Btech CSE(Class of 2015) - 78%
Class 12th - 92.6%
Class 10th - 89.6%

Why MBA?
Interested in changing my vertical to Product Management, Strategy and also I have an interest in Business Analytics.
Also, it would great if someone could share and guide me regarding my further steps for the GMAT prep and its timeline. :)

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Adeep,

I'd like to know more details about your work experience to understand its unique aspects. You are applying from the most competitive applicant pool, so there have to be some spike factors that strengthen your case. In addition, are there any extra curriculars that you are passionately involved in and have made some impact?
Also your career goals are wide and spread out. you have talked about different functions. For the sake of application you will have to come up with one coherent goal that makes most sense with your past experience in consideration
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
adeep93 wrote:
Hey,

I'm working as a software engineer at the Adobe. Been a part of Adobe Acrobat Team for 4 years and worked on PDF (Both in Quality and Development) and its related solutions. Have worked cross-functionally with other teams within my company and outside my company.

Academic Stats -

Class 12th - 92.6%
Class 10th - 89.6%

Why MBA?
Interested in changing my vertical to Product Management, Strategy and also I have an interest in Business Analytics.
Also, it would great if someone could share and guide me regarding my further steps for the GMAT prep and its timeline. :)

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Adeep,

I'd like to know more details about your work experience to understand its unique aspects. You are applying from the most competitive applicant pool, so there have to be some spike factors that strengthen your case. In addition, are there any extra curriculars that you are passionately involved in and have made some impact?
Also your career goals are wide and spread out. you have talked about different functions. For the sake of application you will have to come up with one coherent goal that makes most sense with your past experience in consideration

Hi Namita,

Thanks for the preliminary evaluation.

[*]I have worked on the development of the features and has been the creator of different frameworks that have helped in the cutting down the manual effort by a great margin in different phases of the Software Cycle of different features that I have worked with the Adobe Acrobat Team.
[*]I have also led various projects with being sole-point of contact.
[*]Worked on hacks in Coding hackathons on ideas which have been chosen and shipped in the market releases too.

Besides this, in my extracurriculars, I'm an avid fan of football and I've represented my company in Football tournaments and outside my companies too.

For the answer to why MBA my coherent goal to derive and drive innovations from customer's wish to reality. And that's what has intrigued and piqued my interest in the Product Management while working with Product Management division. I've interacted with the various customers worldwide both regular and enterprise, via Forums and meetings to realize their sentiment and pain points while using our products through data-driven analytics to come up with better and efficient daily solutions.

Hoping this clears your asks and concerns. Let me know if there are any other concerns that I should address and keep in mind while applying in ISB.

Also, it'll be great if you could share with me the score I should target for getting admission in ISB.

Again, thanks for taking out time and your guidance.

Regards
Aakash
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
adeep93 wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
adeep93 wrote:
Hey,

Academic Stats -

Class 12th - 92.6%
Class 10th - 89.6%

Why MBA?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Namita,

Thanks for the preliminary evaluation.

[*]I have worked on the development of the features and has been the creator of different frameworks that have helped in the cutting down the manual effort by a great margin in different phases of the Software Cycle of different features that I have worked with the Adobe Acrobat Team.
[*]I have also led various projects with being sole-point of contact.
[*]Worked on hacks in Coding hackathons on ideas which have been chosen and shipped in the market releases too.

Besides this, in my extracurriculars, I'm an avid fan of football and I've represented my company in Football tournaments and outside my companies too.

For the answer to why MBA my coherent goal to derive and drive innovations from customer's wish to reality. And that's what has intrigued and piqued my interest in the Product Management while working with Product Management division. I've interacted with the various customers worldwide both regular and enterprise, via Forums and meetings to realize their sentiment and pain points while using our products through data-driven analytics to come up with better and efficient daily solutions.

Hoping this clears your asks and concerns. Let me know if there are any other concerns that I should address and keep in mind while applying in ISB.

Also, it'll be great if you could share with me the score I should target for getting admission in ISB.

Again, thanks for taking out time and your guidance.

Regards
Aakash

Hi Aakash,

This description is so much more meaningful than the previous one, because it brings your work experience to life. When writing your application, be mindful of adding as many (relevant) details as you can so that the adcom understands your profile, achievements and aspirations.
ISB's average class GMAT is ~710, so definitely aim for a score above this. That said, ISB would consider your application in its entirety, so make sure that every part of the application is strong (resume, essays, LOR)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools: ISB '21
Send PM
I would appreciate if someone can review my profile. I have still not given GMAT, however I'm targeting a score of 700+.

Academic profile

Class X : 83%
Class XII : 78
B.Tech : 7.65 (NIT RKL Mining Engineering)

Work Experience

I'm working in Coal India Limited since 2010 (9 years of experience) . From 2010 to 2017 worked as shift manager looking after production of shift, manpower management and safety. From April 2017 working as Dispatch officer. My work requires frequent interaction with End-users.

Certificate:
Mining 2nd class certificate (DGMS approved)

What is my chance in ISB(2021 INTAKE)
I would be grateful for an honest review of my profile.
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
Hi!

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 750 (Q48, V45)

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: B.Tech in Mechatronics Engineering-3.30/4.00 (86%)
Class 12: 89.3%
Class 10: 9.4/10.0

Work Experience:
Working at Maruti Suzuki India Limited (3 Years) in a central operations and strategy role in production. Responsible for central procurement (~100MRs) procurement strategy, system adherence, strategy deployment in areas of cost, quality, safety and productivity.

Extra Curricular:
Finisher at Desert Storm rally in 2018.
Participated in various cricket tournaments at school, college and company level.
Winner at company level management quiz.
Participated in multiple theatre and music competitions in school and college.
Finisher at Devils Circuit Delhi Edition 2019

I really enjoy meeting people and sharing stories.
Enjoy cricket and badminton.
Love listening to music and playing the drums.
Recently been cycling a lot and planning to get associated with a cycling group in Delhi.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
*POSTING AGAIN FOR VISIBILITY. THANKS*

Hi, I am reaching out to understand my chances to do my second MBA from ISB.

Please find below my profile and it would be great if you could evaluate the same.

Curriculum:
Indian Male, 30 yrs. Class X - 78%, Class XII - 63%, Bachelor's of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication (Mumbai University) - 63% and Masters in Management Studies (Mumbai University) - 73%.

Work experience:
- Total 72 Months experience.
- 22 Months as a Strategy planner for offline brand communications. Was selected as a part of Young leadership council to bring effective changes at workplace.
- Moved to a digital communication company as an account manager to gain digital marketing experience, worked there for 21 months
- Moved to another communication agency to work as Senior strategy planner on large brands like HSBC, Hindustan Unilever Limited. Worked there for 26 months.
- From last 3 months I am working as Digital marketing manager for an upcoming brand in healthcare sector.
Already managed to achieve All Time High numbers through key digital initiatives.

Co-curricular activities:
- Elected as the Chairman of IEEE student chapter and the Head of advisory committee. Lead the chapter of over 500 students.
Organized engagement activities and Social initiatives in partnership with Department of directorate of environment of Maharashtra
- Appeared on multiple debate panels for the RKB show on Lemon TV, which later moved to Sahara TV
- Organised blood donation camps in partnership with State Blood Transfusion Council
- Conceptualized and created a mobile app that used the untapped real estate of mobile lock-screens. Learnt the ropes of digital marketing while creating this app.
- Currently trying my hand with a small e-commerce brand that sells products in the international market
- Recently won a Silver medal at State level for 'MuayThai Association Maharashtra'

Career Aim:
I have always wanted to work on the overall brand development. While earlier I focused on the communication area of brands, I have now developed skill sets on performance and funnel marketing.
With the second MBA, I intend to achieve 3 things:
- Work for a mid to large size organization where I get to play an active role in overall brand marketing and strategy
- Avoid slotting myself as single channel expert
- Fast-track the above mentioned objectives

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 523 [1]
Given Kudos: 227
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '23
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
reach2sangram wrote:

Hello, thank you for posting your profile for evaluation on Gmatclub.

Just want to clarify; are you aiming for 2021 intake? Most of the aspirants on this forum are eyeing 2020 intake, i.e. class of 2021.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
LeoN88 wrote:
reach2sangram wrote:

Hello, thank you for posting your profile for evaluation on Gmatclub.

Just want to clarify; are you aiming for 2021 intake? Most of the aspirants on this forum are eyeing 2020 intake, i.e. class of 2021.

yes i am aiming for 2021 intake i.e. class of 2022
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 129
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
is there any group for EEO ??? 2019 application .. and joining at 2021
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
reach2sangram wrote:
I would appreciate if someone can review my profile. I have still not given GMAT, however I'm targeting a score of 700+.

Academic profile

Work Experience

I'm working in Coal India Limited since 2010 (9 years of experience) . From 2010 to 2017 worked as shift manager looking after production of shift, manpower management and safety. From April 2017 working as Dispatch officer. My work requires frequent interaction with End-users.

Certificate:

Thanks!

Hi,

If you already have 9 years of work experience, you should apply this year for intake next year, that is in 2020. Any specific reason why you want to wait another year before applying? It may make you less attractive to the adcoms if you will work in the same profile/ same company for yet another year as compared to applying this year.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ishaan2510 wrote:

Please find below my profile and it would be great if you could evaluate the same.

Curriculum:
Indian Male, 30 yrs. Class X - 78%, Class XII - 63%, Bachelor's of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication (Mumbai University) - 63% and Masters in Management Studies (Mumbai University) - 73%.

Work experience:
- 22 Months as a Strategy planner for offline brand communications. Was selected as a part of Young leadership council to bring effective changes at workplace.
- Moved to a digital communication company as an account manager to gain digital marketing experience, worked there for 21 months
- Moved to another communication agency to work as Senior strategy planner on large brands like HSBC, Hindustan Unilever Limited. Worked there for 26 months.
- From last 3 months I am working as Digital marketing manager for an upcoming brand in healthcare sector.
Already managed to achieve All Time High numbers through key digital initiatives.

- Elected as the Chairman of IEEE student chapter and the Head of advisory committee. Lead the chapter of over 500 students.
Organized engagement activities and Social initiatives in partnership with Department of directorate of environment of Maharashtra
- Appeared on multiple debate panels for the RKB show on Lemon TV, which later moved to Sahara TV
- Organised blood donation camps in partnership with State Blood Transfusion Council
- Conceptualized and created a mobile app that used the untapped real estate of mobile lock-screens. Learnt the ropes of digital marketing while creating this app.
- Currently trying my hand with a small e-commerce brand that sells products in the international market
- Recently won a Silver medal at State level for 'MuayThai Association Maharashtra'

Career Aim:
I have always wanted to work on the overall brand development. While earlier I focused on the communication area of brands, I have now developed skill sets on performance and funnel marketing.
- Work for a mid to large size organization where I get to play an active role in overall brand marketing and strategy

Hi Ishaan,

I am just wondering if the post MBA career change is difficult to effect without an MBA. As you have both online and offline marketing experience, isn't the change possible without an MBA?

Also, how about a part time program such as PGP Pro?

Your experience ofcourse is good, and so are your ECAs. But I would like more clarity on the need for an MBA given your goals.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
reach2sangram wrote:

Academic profile

Work Experience

Certificate:

Thanks!

Hi,

If you already have 9 years of work experience, you should apply this year for intake next year, that is in 2020. Any specific reason why you want to wait another year before applying? It may make you less attractive to the adcoms if you will work in the same profile/ same company for yet another year as compared to applying this year.

i have a short period of time, as i started preparing last saturday. so targetting 2021 intake
yes i will work in same company with same profile for another year.

Thanks,
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
reach2sangram wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
reach2sangram wrote:

Academic profile

Work Experience

Certificate:

Thanks!

Hi,

i have a short period of time, as i started preparing last saturday. so targetting 2021 intake
yes i will work in same company with same profile for another year.

Thanks,

y recommend that you aim for
iSB has 3 application deadlines- sep 15, Dec 1 and Jan 1. Would strongly recommend that you aim for R2 or R3. Waiting a year to give GMAT is not justifiable, because as I mentioned earlier, you will become less attractive to the ISB adcom for their PGP program as your age/experience grows.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What GMAT score should I target?

Thanks

Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
Ishaan2510 wrote:

Curriculum:

Work experience:

Career Aim:

Hi Ishaan,

I am just wondering if the post MBA career change is difficult to effect without an MBA. As you have both online and offline marketing experience, isn't the change possible without an MBA?

Also, how about a part time program such as PGP Pro?

Your experience ofcourse is good, and so are your ECAs. But I would like more clarity on the need for an MBA given your goals.

Hi Namita,

Thank you for your evaluation.

Though I have both offline & online experience, I generally get slotted as a communication specialist. Thus it gets difficult for me to bag an overall marketing profile which owns end to end marketing of a brand. Also, the experience that I have accumulated so far is limited to small sized companies and firms. With my aim to move to a large organization I need learnings from premier institute like ISB. Not sure if these career goals are valid enough to seek a second MBA.
Please advice.

Thanks.
Regards,
Ishaan
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: NTU '21 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
Send PM
Hello All,
Please help me to evaluate my profile for ISB

Nationality- Indian, Male, Age-24

Undergraduate- National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, India (CGPA-8.46) Completed in May 2017
12th- 94.6%
10th- 10 CGPA
GMAT SCORE- 650

Professional Experience:-
1. 25 months of Total Work experience- 2 months in South Korea
2. Organization -Leading Mobile electronics company
3. Current Role - Engineer, Involved in RnD
4. Experience in handling RnD projects from concept to market launch
5. Experience in working with multi-cultural and multi-national teams

Achievements:-
1. Best performance award
2. Spot Award
3. Winner of several inter-university dramatics competitions

Co-curricular Activities
1. President of Students' Council of university
2. General Secretary of Students' Council of university
3. Joint Alumni Secretary of Students' Council of university
4. First Year Representative of Students' Council of university
5. Member of Alumni Relations Cell in University

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1600 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
neelbiswas01 wrote:
Hello All,
Please help me to evaluate my profile for ISB

Nationality- Indian, Male, Age-24

Undergraduate- National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, India (CGPA-8.46) Completed in May 2017
12th- 94.6%
10th- 10 CGPA
GMAT SCORE- 650

Professional Experience:-
1. 25 months of Total Work experience- 2 months in South Korea
2. Organization -Leading Mobile electronics company
3. Current Role - Engineer, Involved in RnD
4. Experience in handling RnD projects from concept to market launch
5. Experience in working with multi-cultural and multi-national teams

Achievements:-
1. Best performance award
2. Spot Award
3. Winner of several inter-university dramatics competitions

Co-curricular Activities
1. President of Students' Council of university
2. General Secretary of Students' Council of university
3. Joint Alumni Secretary of Students' Council of university
4. First Year Representative of Students' Council of university
5. Member of Alumni Relations Cell in University

Hi neelbiswas01

The rest of your profile is really good, but the GMAT score lets you down. Focus on getting that 650 to at least a 680, if not a 700, and you should be good.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  148   149   150   151   152  ...  307