Last visit was: 31 May 2024, 05:15 It is currently 31 May 2024, 05:15
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UVA DARDEN, Tepper, Cornell
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
ralex wrote:
Just got acceptance call. Online application status has not changed (yet). I will be receiving the package in the mail that outlines offer details, and 1500 deposit is due Jan 31. I am in the west coast, last name starts with R.

Also, about a week ago I got an email asking me to submit official GMAT scores (I missed Johnson when I was sending them out). So I guess it was a good sign.

Oh, and where is "Johnson Low GPA Club"? Mine is 2.71, so I definitely qualify!

--Alex

Alex, I was asked for my official test scores last week as well, although I have not yet had a decision posted. I was wondering how good of a sign you think this is (because I think they only require unofficial for the application)? Sidenote: I do not have a cell phone or phone number, so I am relying entirely on email or the app page. Did they also email you with a decision? Have they updated your app page yet?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: International High IQ Society
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.68
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I was just curious, apart from the few admitted candidates who received an invite to attend the Park Fellowship weekend, has nobody else received merit scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.91
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
The website says -- merit scholarship will be awarded after the decision by a different committee unlike many other schools
Intern
Intern
Send PM
visu83 wrote:
The website says -- merit scholarship will be awarded after the decision by a different committee unlike many other schools

That's weird..because I remember being told in the Johnson information session that scholarship and admission decisions are released at the same time...My mistake I guess.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
jjborne wrote:
ralex wrote:
Just got acceptance call. Online application status has not changed (yet). I will be receiving the package in the mail that outlines offer details, and 1500 deposit is due Jan 31. I am in the west coast, last name starts with R.

Also, about a week ago I got an email asking me to submit official GMAT scores (I missed Johnson when I was sending them out). So I guess it was a good sign.

--Alex

Alex, I was asked for my official test scores last week as well, although I have not yet had a decision posted. I was wondering how good of a sign you think this is (because I think they only require unofficial for the application)? Sidenote: I do not have a cell phone or phone number, so I am relying entirely on email or the app page. Did they also email you with a decision? Have they updated your app page yet?

If anybody else happens to have thoughts on this, please let me know... the suspense is really painful.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
jjborne wrote:
jjborne wrote:
ralex wrote:

--Alex

If anybody else happens to have thoughts on this, please let me know... the suspense is really painful.

They are not updating statuses until Tuesday. The advance phone call is just a courtesy call. You will have to wait for your status change on Tuesday to know for sure if you don't have a phone number.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
are all the admitted students intimated via phone or will there be few of the admitted students who were not called? any one aware of this!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.27
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
Not sure about everyone else but I was notified in 3 ways: a phone call first followed immediately by an email, then a change in status on the website a few days later. I was also told to expect a packet in the mail.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi guys,

any calls for today....does it mean all the admits are out and there are none left to intimate!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It is just 9AM EST now..So I think there is a fair few hours (at least) to go before we can give up hope. I feel that if I don't get a call from Johnson today, I won't get an admit tomorrow either because, as per their website, decisions will be rendered at 9AM EST on Tuesday.

All the best everyone..Big day today with HBS, Kellogg and Tepper decisions to go out as well.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.99
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
AnotherTran wrote:
Not sure about everyone else but I was notified in 3 ways: a phone call first followed immediately by an email, then a change in status on the website a few days later. I was also told to expect a packet in the mail.

Same here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone hear today?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
RealEstate2014 wrote:
Anyone hear today?

I know someone from a Chinese forum that got called early in the morning today (around 8:45) but haven't heard anything since. It's probably over, either WL or dinged. :?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
yjiang42 wrote:
RealEstate2014 wrote:
Anyone hear today?

I know someone from a Chinese forum that got called early in the morning today (around 8:45) but haven't heard anything since. It's probably over, either WL or dinged. :?

Nothing here. Kinda depressed about bc I thought my interview with an adcom went very well :(

I guess its not over until tomorrow at 9am, but not hopeful. I interviewed in early Novemeber.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
mray86 wrote:
yjiang42 wrote:
RealEstate2014 wrote:
Anyone hear today?

Nothing here. Kinda depressed about bc I thought my interview with an adcom went very well :(

I guess its not over until tomorrow at 9am, but not hopeful. I interviewed in early Novemeber.

Same here, I interviewed in early Nov and had a great interview. But I guess what they say is true, most admits (75%) are interviewed between late Nov to Early Dec.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
interviewed early december with a 2nd year student
no news yet
expecting the worst
it's been a ding-a-thon so far
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 2.7
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
jjborne wrote:

I don't know how good of a sign it was.

After receiving the call I did not get an email, but my friend who was unable to pick up her phone got an email few minutes after they left a message.

My application status did not change online and still says:

Quote:
Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: 10/5/2011
Complete - Your application is complete for final review by the selection committee. We will post your final decision or send an update by 9 a.m. Eastern time on the published notification date for your round.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26  ...  72   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6953 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts