GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jan 2019, 03:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 4 Tips for Interviews

January 18, 2019

January 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

4 tips that will help you prepare for MBA interviews
  • Personal MBA Coach’s Overview of Top EMBA Programs

January 19, 2019

January 19, 2019

Personal MBA Coach's Overview of Top EMBA Programs eBook To download for free, join our mailing list and receive weekly tips on perfecting your MBA applications

Kelley Full Ride vs Carlson Full Ride

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 71% [5]
  • 28% [2]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Kelley Full Ride vs Carlson Full Ride  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 08:59
Hi!

I am an Indian applicant and have received full tuition scholarship from both Kelley and Carlson.

My post MBA goals are to move into strategy consulting (although it's not set in stone, i am open for product management roles in tech firms as well). I already have a product management background in data analytics and automation in telecom industry.

I am a bit confused among these schools:

Carlson: Located in twin cities, better networking opportunities
Kelley: Better brand, ranked slightly higher

Any leads will be helpful!!
Current Student
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
Re: Kelley Full Ride vs Carlson Full Ride  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 22:23
They are peer schools. Kelley is known for marketing and has an edge if that might interest you in future. Having said that, Kelley is slightly more prestigious than Carlson. It also has a bigger class size which translates into bigger alumni strength. If you are not going to a top 15 school it's all about the alumni networking and career management centre support. They are the only people who will help you get an internship. Applications to companies which don't come on campus or don't have an alumni, will be rejected more often than not.

But, I have heard that lately Kelley has been finding it difficult to place Indian students. As they tend to admit a big number of them and they all gun for same internships. (Based on my conversations with current Kelley students)

Research more and talk to them. They are your best guide. I can connect you to Carlson's dean scholar if it helps.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 22:39
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Kelley Full Ride vs Carlson Full Ride  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 14:47
First, I want to thank workout for his great effort :thumbup:

Second, congrats asarkar for your admit. What a dilemma!!! :think:

Both schools are considered in same level even if Indiana maybe little bit higher but this is totally insignificant as we do not compare best 15 with anyone of them. I have screened both reports for tech recruitment as bot are not known in that field.

Every school has both pros and cons. You may find living in a city like Twin cites is a huge privilege for networking and travelling, while you may find Kelley provide interesting elective courses. You can review the posts provided by workout. My advice to you is contact both schools for real fit to you.

The only highlight is about strategy consulting as it is ,if not misunderstood you, almost restricted to citizens. One good example is 3M. This was communicated years ago by Kelley's career director and other career reps in other schools. It would not hurt to double check too.

Has any one of them offered TA or stipend for admin work ...etc beside the full scholarship??

I know it is tough call. Good luck
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 22:43
Thanks a lot everyone for your inputs!

Mo2men Yeah, I have heard that strategy consulting is tough to land for internationals. I am bending towards Kelley as it has a great curriculum, plus a slight better brand.

Regarding TA or stipend, I haven't received any from both the schools.
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 22:49
asarkar wrote:
Thanks a lot everyone for your inputs!

Mo2men Yeah, I have heard that strategy consulting is tough to land for internationals. I am bending towards Kelley as it has a great curriculum, plus a slight better brand.

Regarding TA or stipend, I haven't received any from both the schools.

Follow your heart, you won't go wrong. :) Btw, i totally agree about Curriculum in Kelley.

Good luck
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kelley Full Ride vs Carlson Full Ride &nbs [#permalink] 10 Jan 2019, 22:49

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap