GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 15:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kelley $ Vs Jones (RICE) $$

new topic post reply Update application status  

Kelley Vs Jones (Rice)

• 33% [2]
  • 66% [4]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Kelley $ Vs Jones (RICE) $$  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 01:22
Hello ,

I am currently in quite a tricky situation, and would require some piece of help to decide which college to go to. I am an international applicant from India and money is a concern. At the same time my major concern is the job opportunities. Below are the options I am contemplating.

Kelley: $20k with $35K GA (basically 55% scholarship)
RICE: $70K Scholarship
Notre Dame: $60K

Brief about my background:
I have back ground in consulting industry, working in the infrastructure sector. Currently working with KPMG and was previously employed at PwC. Total experience of 4 years.

GMAT:720
Undergrad: Engineer

Post MBA plans: I am looking to continue in consulting space. Majorly looking at management or strategy roles.

I am confused about the 2 options -Kelley and Rice. All information I have gathered points towards Kelley, and also the placement scenario at RICE for internationals seems pretty bad. Money obviously is a big concern for me.

It will definitely be helpful if anybody can provide insights on the pros and cons of the two schools.
Look forward to your response and thank you in advance.
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Kelley $ Vs Jones (RICE) $$  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 03:56
Hi GMATblock

Congrats.

We had same situation few weeks ago

https://gmatclub.com/forum/rice-or-kell ... l#p2032726

I think mihir0710 could shed some light or can PM him.
Current Student
P
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Kelley $ Vs Jones (RICE) $$  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 04:19
GMATblock wrote:
Hello ,

I am currently in quite a tricky situation, and would require some piece of help to decide which college to go to. I am an international applicant from India and money is a concern. At the same time my major concern is the job opportunities. Below are the options I am contemplating.

Kelley: $20k with $35K GA (basically 55% scholarship)
RICE: $70K Scholarship
Notre Dame: $60K

Brief about my background:
I have back ground in consulting industry, working in the infrastructure sector. Currently working with KPMG and was previously employed at PwC. Total experience of 4 years.

GMAT:720
Undergrad: Engineer

Post MBA plans: I am looking to continue in consulting space. Majorly looking at management or strategy roles.

I am confused about the 2 options -Kelley and Rice. All information I have gathered points towards Kelley, and also the placement scenario at RICE for internationals seems pretty bad. Money obviously is a big concern for me.

It will definitely be helpful if anybody can provide insights on the pros and cons of the two schools.
Look forward to your response and thank you in advance.

I too was in similar situation and decided to choose kelley.
The splitting points which made me inclined towards kelley were :
a) Big Alumni base (not just MBA but others as well) which I have already started tapping into and found a great response (as compared to Rice)
b) Talking to current student realized that the placement numbers for internationals are not really that great at Rice either and the Career Service Center at Kelley is putting in more efforts to get the folks placed...
c) incoming class (my batch) seems to be more dynamic and active at Kelley as compared to Rice

Hope this helps you as well...

Compilation of Blogs by Mike Mcgarry - Magoosh

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kelley $ Vs Jones (RICE) $$ &nbs [#permalink] 13 Apr 2018, 04:19

Kelley $ Vs Jones (RICE) $$

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, swbluedevil, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap