Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Supply Chain Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Other
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
farful wrote:
Milenochka wrote:
Guys, I also opened my application :) But I have another question. I cannot see in my "Application proof" my essays, test scores, diplomas, etc. Do you experience the same issue?

If you read the top of the application preview, it says:
Quote:
Please not the following important information as you review your application: Sections containing a large amount of narrative text may appear to be truncated in this proof:

This is a result of space limitations on this document. No text has been truncated within your application. The complete narrative text you have entered will be submitted with your application for review.

This proof is for the review of your application only. Uploaded documents such as essays, resume and transcripts are not included wtih this proof.

Thank you
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Aaaahhhh..... Submitted and paid... Now begins the Hellish wait...

All the best everyone....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
Send PM
I am facing issues with the video essay. At the test video itself there are problems..
At best the video is choppy but there is no audio at all. Is anyone here having the same problems?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
stressedanalyst wrote:
I'm applying to Kellogg R2 and based in NYC. I would prefer an off-campus interview but I'm realistically going to be submitting right on their Jan 7 deadline. Anyone have any tips - do I request the off-campus or just go on-campus at this point? Thanks!

Have the same exact question. Any one? Any one that applied round 1 and was in a similar situation
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Hello guys,

do you know if requiring off-campus interview so late (Im from Latin America) could probably result in the interview being waived?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Send PM
juancito05 wrote:
Hello guys,

do you know if requiring off-campus interview so late (Im from Latin America) could probably result in the interview being waived?

Thanks

I'd call and ask. I was in SoCal and submitted the week before the R1 deadline and it was fine. Depending on the area though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 279 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
In for R2
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Which browser does the video recording work best on? I have IE, Mozilla and Chrome.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Send PM
GMATganesha wrote:
I am facing issues with the video essay. At the test video itself there are problems..
At best the video is choppy but there is no audio at all. Is anyone here having the same problems?

I had problems with the test video and the actual videos.

Problems were the sound getting cut off for the first few and last few seconds. I just adjusted by leaving out a few seconds at the beginning and the end.

And yes, the video is crappy. Choppy would be overrating it. It seems more like a slideshow in my third attempt (this was the best). No video in fist attempt and a very small improvement in the second video.

I just let the third one stay as it is cause the audio was OK and my face was visible throughout the video :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Brian461 wrote:
Which browser does the video recording work best on? I have IE, Mozilla and Chrome.

I tested all the 3 "extensively" for the test video. I felt that the response was the same on all 3. I finally used chrome as it is the default browser that I use.

Just cross your fingers and go ahead with whichever browser you like best.... If your voice comes out fine on any of the attempts with even a few good frames in the video, keep it (just my two cents :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATganesha wrote:

I had the same problem, try to use the Internet Explorer to record your video.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Brian461 wrote:

Internet Explorer
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [2]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
juancito05 wrote:
Hello guys,

Thanks

I think it depends on the availability of the alums more than the date of submission. If there aren't many alums available then potentially yes. I think even if you submit early and there are no alums available then it will still be waived.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Have R2 folks started getting offsite interview e-mails? I have for the Los Angeles area.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
I got R2 alumni interview invite today for NYC, wish me luck! Submitted about a week and a half ago, but all my recs weren't in until 5 days ago.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Exchange Experience at Kellogg: Student Clubs

The winning team of the Holi Food fight organized by IBC and Kellogg Cares

Integrating exchange students into a b-school’s culture and student life is tough given the intensive nature of the MBA. Getting exchangers involved is even tougher in programs with bigger class sizes as there are fewer common classes with other students. However, as I sit down to reflect to write this blog on my experience at Kellogg, I realize that I have become completely immersed in the culture of the school. And Kellogg student clubs and events have played a major role in helping me achieve this level of immersion.

On an exchange, one is away from one’s normal circle of friends and family. This compounds the cultural shock of landing in a new country with different customs and culture. So getting the right friends quickly is important to deal with such situations. I was lucky enough to find student clubs here that were of interest and through these was able to meet nice people and form friendships that will last beyond my three months here.

Some of the clubs that I have been part of include:

India Business Club — The two events that I have been to brought out all kinds of emotions in me. The first one was a Bollywood movie, a romantic comedy Barfi. With some good food and great company, this was a perfect Friday night. The next event, organized by IBC in association with Kellogg Cares, was the Holi Food fight. As someone who hasn’t played Holi for years, this one brought back memories of my childhood. For those two hours, I was not an exchanger but a Bulldog team member (Bullfrog + Big dog).

The Francophone Connection - A French crêpe party that was organized side-by-side with the Super Bowl helped me get in touch with French-speaking students leading to philosophical discussions on the differences between American and French cultures and lifestyles.

Personal Sustainability Club – With the free yoga lessons on Tuesdays and an active Facebook group, this one helped me unwind physically and mentally.

Soccer Club - Soccer practice on Mondays and Wednesdays helped me stay in shape.

My life here at Kellogg has been richer thanks to these clubs and their members. And yes, thanks to the other clubs that organize TGIF, especially Kellogg Marketing Club for the T-shirt and Women’s Business Association for the chocolate fondue!

Sriram Raghavan (@sriram_raghavan) is an exchange student from ESSEC Business School ’13.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: exchange, Kellogg Student Experience, student clubs
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  54   55   56   57   58   59   60  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts