Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Re: Kenan-Flagler (UNC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
mbagrad2014 wrote:
I graduated from UNC MBA in recent past.
Regret ever since --- severe shortage of jobs for Asian applicants (except-Computers).
Wish I had missed a year and re-applied to other business colleges.

Hope you all do better than me.

Wow. Is that common to others in your class? or for international students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.67
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Congrats to all accepted students and good luck to those on the wait list. As someone who just graduated from the KFBS full time MBA program last Sunday I can honestly say it was two of the best years of my life. I am looking forward to starting a great job in late July but am envious of you all just starting out on the MBA journey :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
mbagrad2014 wrote:
I graduated from UNC MBA in recent past.
Regret ever since --- severe shortage of jobs for Asian applicants (except-Computers).
Wish I had missed a year and re-applied to other business colleges.

Hope you all do better than me.

As a recent UNC MBA (recent as in last weekend), I'd like to expand on this comment. While I am not an international student, what I've heard is that international students do find it more difficult to find employment than US students. The reason is simple: companies that recruit do not typically sponsor visas. That means international students have fewer opportunities and it is more competitive. That being said, 89% of students without US work authorization have accepted employment opportunities 3 months post graduation (compared to 92% of those with authorization).

While I only know UNC, I would be shocked if this wasn't a problem at other schools.

As far as 2016 applicants, I hope the application year has treated you well. I loved my UNC experience and the vast majority of alumni feel the same way, so feel free to reach out to current students or alum - it wasn't that long ago that we were in your shoes. You can reach me on LinkedIn - Joe Plumb - particularly if you're interested in Big Data or Analytics.

-Joe
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
hifunda wrote:
sgupta14 wrote:
Can anyone please throw some light on 2 month pre mba ASW course that Kenan Flagler offers?

For a full time employed person it's a loss of 2 months paychecks and 2 months of additional living expenses. Also the ASW course will cost anywhere from $3000 to $6000. Overall cost is very high which adds to your full time mba fee & expenses.

Does anyone has idea whether we can do an alternate course (such as online) which will allow us to continue full time job as well?

Please share your thoughts.

I'd like to know about this too.
Did you email them directly to know about alternative certificates online?

I just graduated from UNC Kenan-Flagler and I would like to first of all congratulate you on getting admitted. It's one of the elite schools that prepares you well for a exciting career and a great community (classmates, faculty, staff, and everyone) to be in touch with forever. I can definitely say that the last two years were among the best years of my life. I don't know if I had ever gotten the skills and knowledge that I developed had I not attended UNC Kenan-Flagler.
I attended ASW2 2 years back and I found Finance and Accounting useful if you have no prior background. I would definitely recommend to go for Accounting as the first mod ramps up pretty fast and coming from a job-schedule, there are tons of things that we have to do. Any prior prep on accounting and finance definitely helps. Regardless of ASW, the faculty is very supportive, so even if you do not attend ASW, the faculty and SY tutors are there for you always to support.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
I am a recent grad (class of 2014) and I was International student (non-computer science).
While I agree that it is harder for international students to get a job (that is the case everywhere), I have to say I had the best two years of my life at Kenan-Flagler and I ended up with a great job. I actually transferred from another school because there were more job opportunities for international students at Kenan Flagler than my first school. UNC Kenan-Flagler has great records of employment and average and median salary that you can easily check on the website.

I would be happy to answer any questions.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
parisas wrote:
I am a recent grad (class of 2014) and I was International student (non-computer science).
While I agree that it is harder for international students to get a job (that is the case everywhere), I have to say I had the best two years of my life at Kenan-Flagler and I ended up with a great job. I actually transferred from another school because there were more job opportunities for international students at Kenan Flagler than my first school. UNC Kenan-Flagler has great records of employment and average and median salary that you can easily check on the website.

I never knew one could transfer in MBA from another school.

I mean not all schools would allow that as people would be keen to move to higher ranked schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
UNC is a great school. BUT it is well known that almost every second student there is on a full ride or 80% fellowship. This makes the student body GOOD or great - but not when it comes to jobs. UNC students get jobs - but that pay less and there are less options when you compare it to other higher ranked schools - such as Duke. This is even a much bigger problem for international students.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just want to remind you that only 30% of the students get scholarship at Kenan-Flagler.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
rihasulia wrote:
I just want to remind you that only 30% of the students get scholarship at Kenan-Flagler.

Based on this information pretty sure that only 15% of class get more than 50% ride. Know one guy who got a full ride, he had a GMAT of 770 apart from a great profile.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
parisas wrote:

I never knew one could transfer in MBA from another school.

I mean not all schools would allow that as people would be keen to move to higher ranked schools.

I applied, got accepted and started from the beginning. The best decision I have ever made!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mraccounting99 wrote:
UNC is a great school. BUT it is well known that almost every second student there is on a full ride or 80% fellowship. This makes the student body GOOD or great - but not when it comes to jobs. UNC students get jobs - but that pay less and there are less options when you compare it to other higher ranked schools - such as Duke. This is even a much bigger problem for international students.

Jobs "that pay less" and "there are less options"? Not at all my experience. My husband (UNC MBA 2013) and I (UNC MBA 2014) are working for Apple and Microsoft, respectively. With base and projected bonuses (not including stock grants), we will be making ~$300k combined annually.

This comment is so interesting to me, because we literally had a conversation yesterday about how we could not have made a better decision than attending UNC. The value, to us, was SO high because tuition was lower than competitor schools and we were not limited at all in terms of job opportunities. We are going into fantastic companies with great pay, had a phenomenal experience at UNC, and paid less for our educations than we would have had we chosen to attend a higher-ranked school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
Any updates?
HBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GPA: 3.02
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
himanshu23 wrote:
Any updates?

All is quiet here. No change in the portal.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
No changes will happen unless we can show some updates etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@AbhiJ..."No changes will happen unless we can show some updates etc."

so will one remain on the waitlist until classes begin at which point the conclusion will be drawn that you need to re apply for next year? Were any waitlisters (from any of the rounds) eventually dinged?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
solvay wrote:

so will one remain on the waitlist until classes begin at which point the conclusion will be drawn that you need to re apply for next year? Were any waitlisters (from any of the rounds) eventually dinged?

It depends on school. Some offer dings and some leave it at that.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
solvay wrote:

It depends on school. Some offer dings and some leave it at that.

so...does anyone know Kenan Flagler's policy?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts