Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GRE 1: Q160 V161
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
Send PM
Re: Last Minute Question: CV Template [#permalink]
corgigal wrote:
njesus wrote:
I was wondering the same. But to be on the safe side, I decided to use their template.

Tks! Did you keep everything the same such as font, margins, etc?

Yes. I had to rewrite a phrase or two in order to cut a paragraph and I did not include my volunteer experiences, as in my standard CV, to maintain one-page.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
njesus wrote:
corgigal wrote:
njesus wrote:
I was wondering the same. But to be on the safe side, I decided to use their template.

Yes. I had to rewrite a phrase or two in order to cut a paragraph and I did not include my volunteer experiences, as in my standard CV, to maintain one-page.
I don't mean to rain on your parade but volunteer experiences are important because they establish a pattern of leadership. You might be better off summarizing some old jobs in one-line each in like a other employment section or cutting bullets for jobs and just focusing on the the ones that show tangible accomplishments. Volunteer work give them a positive impression of you as a person makes you seem more likeable and it allows them to visualize you doing something kind of universal so you become more relatable. It shows that you are a real human and also more well-rounded.

https://mbaprepcoach.com
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
corgigal wrote:
njesus wrote:

I can't say I'm absolutely certain about this but I have been in this business for a long time use my template for every school and there's never been a problem in fact most schools actually say that the resume is perfect for the resume book no changes needed. I use Calibri font similar to GSB.
as long as it's readable... and you're not trying to cram and jam things with the margins I really think it will be okay. Just make sure that you're not trying to pack in too much information at the cost of it not being readable and breathable. If it does not look inviting they will not look at it.
Don't fall prey to the common misbelief that more is better. My 2 cents.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
corgigal wrote:
njesus wrote:

I can't say I'm absolutely certain about this but I have been in this business for a long time use my template for every school and there's never been a problem in fact most schools actually say that the resume is perfect for the resume book no changes needed. I use Calibri font similar to GSB.
as long as it's readable... and you're not trying to cram and jam things with the margins I really think it will be okay. Just make sure that you're not trying to pack in too much information at the cost of it not being readable and breathable. If it does not look inviting they will not look at it.
Don't fall prey to the common misbelief that more is better. My 2 cents.

Thanks for the tip!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I don't mean to rain on your parade but volunteer experiences are important because they establish a pattern of leadership. You might be better off summarizing some old jobs in one-line each in like a other employment section or cutting bullets for jobs and just focusing on the the ones that show tangible accomplishments. Volunteer work give them a positive impression of you as a person makes you seem more likeable and it allows them to visualize you doing something kind of universal so you become more relatable. It shows that you are a real human and also more well-rounded.

Hello friends, this is my first post on the forum! I'm wrapping up my R3 application for Cambridge and I would like to ask for your advice on how to best incorporate my volunteer experience into the CV template. Should I add an extra sub-topic in the Additional Information section, or should I add a full Volunteer Experience section (between Business Experience and Additional Information)?

One extra question: What do they mean by "Professional Qualifications"? To my understanding, this would be the same as education (bachelor's degrees, professional diplomas, other postgraduate degrees, etc.), but there's a whole separate section for that so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks a lot!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72872 [0]
Given Kudos: 18859
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Cambridge Judge Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Cambridge Judge Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Cambridge Judge Forum for all fresh things related to the Cambridge Judge MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts