It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 08:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS vs INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
S

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 99

Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
LBS vs INSEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 15:28
Hello! Who's been accepted to both and how are you going to chose??

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.69
Re: LBS vs INSEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 18:00
In at both - these were the only two schools I applied to as well. Have a few weeks to make the final decision. After researching, going on campuses, etc, I feel like if the end game is consulting - definitely go to INSEAD. If you want to try to do London IB - definitely go to LBS. I think these are the two most likely career paths for me, with a slight pull towards finance over consulting (I come from real estate investing), so may end up picking LBS on that basis.

However - as far as lifestyle - INSEAD is the only school where you can do something like: 4 months singapore, 2 months abu dabhi, end in western europe. On that criteria alone - that sounds like an incredible year. On top of that - you are completely done after that year. No other school can feed students into elite consulting jobs after what amounts to a year around the world.

Everything I wrote above - not going to post stats or exact number of conversations I have - this is just the feel i've had. That to me, is the biggest pro of each and the one I am currently wrestling with. Will not pull the trigger on either for a couple of weekends. Whats your situation?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Current Student
S

Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE: Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
LBS vs INSEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 06:19
My dilemma is simply choosing the program that will give me the highest likelihood of achieving my goal: to work in London at a top consulting firm (ideally MBB).

Both schools seem to send roughly the same number to MBB after graduation.

INSEAD seems to have the stronger consulting reputation and relationships, but LBS is IN London (and so, close to MBB London offices and more possibility to network with the London Office recruiters)

INSEAD is 10 months, so I can get back to work sooner, but LBS will allow for an internship. Given I don't have consulting experience, how much would that affect my chances?

Both programs would be amazing and it's not easy to chose :? :?

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.69

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 12:48
This post received
KUDOS
In my interviews with the INSEAD alumni, both ended up in consulting post graduation (one at accenture, the other at Bain). The one at Bain was actually in the Singapore campus at the time, and once you begin the formal interview process with MBB, you will go through an initial screening regardless of where you are. After that, you'll generally have the opportunity to specify which city you'd like to interview for. In the case of the Bain hire, they flew him from Singapore to Munich (where he wanted to work) and met the office there after some initial phone conversations.

In that regard, not sure that LBS has a huge advantage for making it to MBB in London specifically; the caveat i suppose is that you may actually be able to mingle with members of the London team on a more casual basis via networking events or direct meet ups if you're in London.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2016, 13:24
congrats! good problem to have!

i think it really comes down to where do you see yourself fitting in. both schools are good at placing for consulting. IMO, i would personally choose LBS because london is where you eventually want to end up. going there will allow you to start building your network early on. this is more convenience related. how hard would it be to truly connect with someone if you are in another country?

if you were set on consulting anywhere else, insead would be better.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.53

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 03:25
lpetroski wrote:
Hello! Who's been accepted to both and how are you going to chose??

I got accepted to both, and chose LBS for the following reasons:

1. 2 year program vs. 1 year program - I am willing to take an extra year off to get what I think will be a more holistic experience
2. London vs. Fonty/Singapore - No brainer for me

Overall I consider the schools dead equal, and on par with M7, besides HS, maybe W

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2017, 23:15
What did you all choose finally? And what is the experience so far?

I am in a similar situation. Would really appreciate any help or guidance!!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 02:44
My year (not the whole year just my promotion, remember J's and D's), placed 23 people in MBB in London, so I wouldn't worry about that, INSEAD is always (or most often) the biggest feeder of the London office. And you do get an internship at INSEAD! Just go for the D promotion.

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

GPA: 3.08

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 06:42
rtbs15 wrote:
My year (not the whole year just my promotion, remember J's and D's), placed 23 people in MBB in London, so I wouldn't worry about that, INSEAD is always (or most often) the biggest feeder of the London office. And you do get an internship at INSEAD! Just go for the D promotion.

Hey there! Im curious about this. What do you mean by Js and Ds? I thought only January intake could do internships. I would have no visa besides student so securing exposure to jobs is critical. Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [1], given: 7

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 08:02
This post received
KUDOS
JohnAHD wrote:
rtbs15 wrote:

Hey there! Im curious about this. What do you mean by Js and Ds? I thought only January intake could do internships. I would have no visa besides student so securing exposure to jobs is critical. Thanks!

Ds are January intakes (and December graduates), Js are August intakes (and July graduates).

I would argue that for consulting and IB, there are no visa issues, you do have to be good enough to get them tho, and usually INSEAD is the biggest feeder for the London office for MBB. So, while going to INSEAD won't secure you will get the office you want, they do hire a lot at the school regardless of your visa situation, and you will have a solid prep with a lot of your classmates that are in great position to go to those offices (you might be one of them, I just don't know).

Hope it helps.

Kudos [?]: 18 [1], given: 7

Re: LBS vs INSEAD   [#permalink] 06 Dec 2017, 08:02

LBS vs INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap