GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 15:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Live Update from GMAC Product Webinar - GMAT Product Changes 6-16-2017

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Live Update from GMAC Product Webinar - GMAT Product Changes 6-16-2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Jun 2017, 08:50

GMAT Club is Attending a GMAC webinar this morning.....

Here is what is being shared and communicated:

• Most of the update will be focused on the GMAT Product changes and updates they have released, such as section order
  • Section Order - what we already know here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/big-gmat-cha ... 42718.html. They did mention that this was a highly requested item by applicants before and after the Pilot. They said it was a feature it was high on their list to provide. Received a lot of positive response from candidates and also reconfirmed that the scores were not impacted (again?)
  • Removal of the profile update screen - this is the screen that is presented before you are given an option to cancel/accept score - this will shave off about 4-5 minutes from the time you spend after the test.
  • You will have 2 mins to choose your section order
  • GMAT Prep and EP1 and EP2 will be updated by July 31st. You will need to download an updated version.
  • There is no recommended section order or a "correct" order but GMAC says, just take the original one if you can't decide
  • More to come.... we are 25 mins in.
  • IMPORTANT: Different people perform differently depending on the test section order, so some may be surprised or have their performance decline if they take the test in the new order. This may be a surprise for those who are taking the test before July 31st when new GMAT Prep and other tools are available to simulate the new test experience. Make sure you actually take a practice test in the new format before you choose to take the actual test in the new format. So far Veritas Prep has new CAT format and by definition, GMAT Club Tests do as well (since they are independent in terms of section order)
  • INTERESTING The reason for AWA at the end and IR right after the sections was to help with mental "switch" - AWA on both ends seemed to have worked better. There seems to be a strong reason for taking the AWA first and easing into the test and warming yourself up.
  • Next: Product Updates - GMAT Official Guide, GMAT Prep Software
  • OG will have 8 more IR questions - upu to 58 now
  • 15% new content in the OG books
  • OG Online will have the online portion with a new platform with better user experience/interface - but it will NOT be available at the time of the Guide Launch and the new platform will be rolled out later this summer.
  • The new OG platform will have ability to save your progress actually and you can pick up where you left off - about time :-)
  • GMAT Prep Software is going online Q1 2018 but the downloadable versions will still be available in parallel - screenshot is attached
  • Boring stuff now - executive test.

Attachments

gmatprep-online-screenshot.jpg
gmatprep-online-screenshot.jpg [ 64.05 KiB | Viewed 1659 times ]

new-section-order-screen.jpg
new-section-order-screen.jpg [ 132.44 KiB | Viewed 1693 times ]

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...

Discover Your Admit Options with Decision Tracker Filters!

Originally posted by bb on 16 Jun 2017, 08:21.
Last edited by bb on 16 Jun 2017, 08:50, edited 11 times in total.
Update
Founder
Founder
V
Live Update from GMAC Product Webinar - GMAT Product Changes 6-16-2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 08:51
Let me know if any questions - we will ask.

Board of Directors
V
Reviews Badge
Re: Live Update from GMAC Product Webinar - GMAT Product Changes 6-16-2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 09:26
bb wrote:

Hi bb ,

Please ask them whether they will allow the people to update their Exam Pack 1 and 2 (considering that they have already spent $49 on each).

Or is it like we need to buy new versions again even though we bought the older versions.

Thanks
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.
Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Live Update from GMAC Product Webinar - GMAT Product Changes 6-16-2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 09:32
I asked them two questions:

1. Any update on advanced Official Guides?

They said that they had gotten feedback about the OG being simpler than actual questions and they seem to be working on fixing it. It appears that they want to publish an official guide with harder questions in the future but they couldn't promise any date. I think probably next year is a good bet.

2. How long will it take to analyse validity of the new score order changes?

They said that from their pilot there was no statistically meaningful changes in switching the order. However, for people who seem to score differently in different section may have an impact which is mostly psychological. They will analyze more data and find the value of the switches.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
V

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 09:44
abhimahna wrote:
bb wrote:

Hi bb ,

Please ask them whether they will allow the people to update their Exam Pack 1 and 2 (considering that they have already spent $49 on each).

Or is it like we need to buy new versions again even though we bought the older versions.

Thanks

They will allow updating Exam Packs, so you will be able to download the new version of the Packs and apply them. My guess is no activation will be required but you may have to re-activate the packs.

Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 09:45
Current Student
P
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 09:47
Wow great news! Are there any new products being offered aside from EP1, EP2 and QP1?

350--> 700

https://gmatclub.com/forum/700-q47-v39-ir-7-awa-246682.html
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Jun 2017, 10:38
jkolachi wrote:
Wow great news! Are there any new products being offered aside from EP1, EP2 and QP1?

No, no new products are being offered.
GMAT prep is going to be an Online product (no more downloads) in 2018 and the downloadable version will be decommissioned after that (probably end of 2018)

Edit: GMAC talked about QP2 in 2017 a long time ago but now that they are moving GMAT Prep online, my guess is they will roll it out with the GMAT Prep online launch in Q1 2018.
There was also talk about an "Advanced OG" in 2018 but it is also a distant product that may or may not happen.

Originally posted by bb on 16 Jun 2017, 10:35.
Last edited by bb on 16 Jun 2017, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
Edit
GMAT Club Bot
Live Update from GMAC Product Webinar - GMAT Product Changes 6-16-2017   [#permalink] 16 Jun 2017, 10:35

Live Update from GMAC Product Webinar - GMAT Product Changes 6-16-2017

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep