It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 14:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Low CGPA and High GMAT score

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Low CGPA and High GMAT score [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 03:39
Hi Everyone,
I will graduate next year and my GPA will be around 2.50-3.00 out of 4. My dream is to study Financial Engineering in one of the Top 20 Graduate Schools. Is there any chance with a high GMAT score to get accepted?
Thank you in advance.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Low CGPA and High GMAT score [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 13:10
What's your undergrad's rank and what is your major? Any extenuating circumstances for the low gpa?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 19 [1], given: 75

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 2.9
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 00:46
This post received
KUDOS
preciouss wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I will graduate next year and my GPA will be around 2.50-3.00 out of 4. My dream is to study Financial Engineering in one of the Top 20 Graduate Schools. Is there any chance with a high GMAT score to get accepted?
Thank you in advance.

Yes you can but for this you must have experience as well as an excellent GMAT score Keep in mind below 2.5, I am afraid that you cannot get into any average business school either

Got Q42,V17
Target#01 Q45,V20--April End

Kudos [?]: 19 [1], given: 75

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 51 [1], given: 37

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 06:42
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Preciouss,
It is a good approach to be pro-active so early in your career cycle. It gives you a lot of time to work on your profile.
I agree with what ehsan090 has said above. You will need good work experience and good GMAT score if you're looking to pursue
MBA in the top 20 institutes. However, please note that B-schools look at the complete profile and not just your academic success.
Here comes in your work ex, community involvement, co-curricular and so on.
On the other hand, if you're looking to pursue M.Sc in Finance or similar courses immediately after your under grad, you might be in luck.
M.Sc. programs are not as competitive as MBA programs. They do not mandate work ex and other stringent guidelines required for an MBA
candidate.
Hope this helps! Cheers.

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 51 [1], given: 37

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2017, 05:13
FunkFreed wrote:
What's your undergrad's rank and what is your major? Any extenuating circumstances for the low gpa?

I had family issues which caused me to quit the school and come back. I lost my brother in a car accident and my parents divorced. I had to work full time to pay my rent, etc. After all those unfortunate events I had hard times to recover myself.

My department is Banking and Finance. My undergrad rank is bad I guess I brought up the rear..

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 75

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 2.9
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2017, 10:38
preciouss wrote:
FunkFreed wrote:

I had family issues which caused me to quit the school and come back. I lost my brother in a car accident and my parents divorced. I had to work full time to pay my rent, etc. After all those unfortunate events I had hard times to recover myself.

My department is Banking and Finance. My undergrad rank is bad I guess I brought up the rear..

Just hope high and continue your struggle. God will help you :)

Got Q42,V17
Target#01 Q45,V20--April End

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 75

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 101

GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 07:57
preciouss wrote:
FunkFreed wrote:

God give you strength to stay strong .... best wishes bro ... study hard and do well !

" The few , the fearless "

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 101

Re: Low CGPA and High GMAT score   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2017, 07:57

Low CGPA and High GMAT score

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap