Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 15:12 It is currently 02 May 2024, 15:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: MBA application with a low cgpa and preferred mode of GMAT [#permalink]
Thank you for the insights admitStreet and CrackAdmission. I just have one more question in mind. Is it preferable for someone like me to take a center based gmat rather than a gmat online?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Dear S4ntoryo,

While schools will not openly admit it, but yes, the offline tests are considered to be a truer reflection of your test taking capabilities.

Reach out to us once you are ready to start applying and we can help you in the journey.

Best
The Red Pen Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
S4ntoryo wrote:
Hi all,
I have graduated from a decent college (tier II) in India with a low cgpa(6.26 out of 10 scale and 4 backlogs which I had cleared before graduating) and currently working as a software engineer in a reputed company. I wanted to understand how big of a impact can my cgpa have on my applications? Do I stand a chance at top B-Schools in US or Europe?
I went to meet a couple of admission consultants in my city and got deeply saddened when they said that top schools will directly reject my application as it doesn't meet the minimum cutoff that they have set. However, I couldn't find minimum criteria for cgpa in any of the official websites. I was also informed that gmat offline is the safest bet for me as there's a chance that Adcoms find it odd if I get a 700+ score( provided my low cgpa) due to the increasing trend of malpractice in gmat online.

Hey S4ntoryo,

As R2 deadlines are almost 3 weeks away, we understand the pressure you are going through with your applications.

Top business schools consider an overall profile rather than 1 parameter as in your case is a low CGPA.
As you mentioned working in a reputed company as a software engineer, it is essential to explore all the parameters of your profile before drawing your storyline and submitting your applications.

A good GMAT score can always trump your applications to the top Tier 1 business schools. Universities consider several parameters while offering admits, ranging from academics, extracurricular engagements, GMAT scores, work experience, and much more.

We recommend brainstorming this further on a free profile audit call which will help you get better clarity and draw a suitable plan of action.

You can call us at +91 9820491179
GMAT Club Bot