Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [4]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.72
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: HBS
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MBA Essay Editing Services?? [#permalink]
Brian from Gurufi is an amazing writer! I am not a native speaker, and Brian did an excellent job helping me tailor my essay while keeping my thoughts and ideas. Highly recommend him to anyone needs help with an essay.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
After reading reviews and forums, I decided to go with Brain on Gurufi as well. I was impressed with his prompt replies and competitive pricing. We agreed on a turnaround date and he delivered as promised. What I liked most about Brian was he did not undertake a massive overhaul of my essays, instead, he tightened and clarified the prose, and enhanced the storytelling at certain points. The results were two very succinct and vivid essays – I couldn’t be happier with the outcome.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Proofreading and editing services by Polished Paper can also offer feedback on the work’s level and writing and how to better enhance it. They can likewise offer assistance with particular parts of the archives by proposing extra references, if suitable and significant.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
MBA Essay Editing Services?? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
I offer essay editing services on an hourly basis, and clients are thrilled with my work. And gotten into top b-schools.

However, why take chances. I much rather work with clients in a comprehensive way. Each aspect of the application is weighted almost equally so you need help with all parts of the application, not just essays. Resume, LOR, application and essays are worth about the same percentage and the interview is worth as much as the GMAT.

It's so important to have an expert create a strategic plan for each application - and also help you execute. I don't believe in "high level feedback" that some clients get from top consultancies. Essay editing is a cornerstone of admissions consulting, but if the content isn't great, and strategically aligned, essay editing = putting lipstick on a pig.

I would be interested in the success rate for those who went with essay editing vs. consulting. IMO, why fool around. Don't fly to Paris to eat peanut butter sandwiches. Investing a few K's up-front to graduate with a major salary bump is totally worth it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Brian from Gurufi did an excellent job of taking my story and bringing it to life. Not only did he help make it concise, but he made it more powerful. He was able to interpret what I was trying to say and communicate it effortlessly. I plan to use Brian for more essays this application round. I also appreciate his commitment to turnaround times and overall level of professionalism and guarantees. Of course, it was still my own story, but he helped bring emotion that I was unable to. He was able to take my essay to the next level.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
+1

Can vouch for the work of Brian over at Gurufi. I had a draft of my essay and he took the time (in the allotted two days) to revise my wording to make the text flow and tell more of a story. Without his help, my essay felt quite choppy and he linked the necessary parts to tie it all up into one package. Would recommend.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can also vouch for Brian from Gurufi. He did not only improve my wording, he also cut down the word count by over 20% without losing the details.

Above all, he rewrote the flow of the essay so that my main message could be heard loud and clear throughout the text - all without changing my voice.

Would always use his services again.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: Sloan '19
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
+1 for Brian as well. I was initially skeptical of using him, but after sending him an essay and reading over the edits, I was quite impressed. He's very good at correcting sentence flow. Will send him other essays in the future.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [5]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Kudos
Almost all who voted for Brian has only one post on the forum. Looks like a marketing gimmick to me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I've worked with both Brian and Christopher at Gurufi and can vouch they were both extremely patient with any questions I had about their edits in addition to the crisp writing both brought to the table.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM