GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 31 Mar 2020, 00:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

McCombs($) Vs Tepper

new topic post reply Update application status  

McCombs ($) Or Tepper

• 71% [5]
  • 28% [2]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Insurance)
McCombs($) Vs Tepper  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2016, 23:33
Hello All,

I have gained admits from Tepper and McCombs for Fall'17. McCombs has also granted me a significant scholarship which has created a difference of almost $60K in the fees for both schools for me.

I wish to transition to strategy consulting post my MBA, keeping this in mind which school would be my best bet? Also can I write to the Tepper Adcom to re-consider their scholarship decision for me? (Is that something that people do?)
I'm sure both these schools have a great community and reputation, but are they both considered at par in terms of rankings and prestige? Or should I just select McCombs and save my bucks?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
B
Re: McCombs($) Vs Tepper  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 01:48
saxena1991 wrote:
Hello All,

I have gained admits from Tepper and McCombs for Fall'17. McCombs has also granted me a significant scholarship which has created a difference of almost $60K in the fees for both schools for me.

I wish to transition to strategy consulting post my MBA, keeping this in mind which school would be my best bet? Also can I write to the Tepper Adcom to re-consider their scholarship decision for me? (Is that something that people do?)
I'm sure both these schools have a great community and reputation, but are they both considered at par in terms of rankings and prestige? Or should I just select McCombs and save my bucks?

Thanks!

McCombs and Tepper are ranked just 1 place apart in US News rankings.
Having said that, I think Tepper is very tech oriented school. They emphasize on quant subjects a lot. (dont know how that helps in consulting)

McCombs provides access to lot of opportunities in Texas. Consulting ones too.

I am assuming that you are Indian, I would suggest you look at your options considering H1B situation too.

You can write to adcom asking for scholarship. And people do that. Negotiate.

In the end, whatever you choose You'll still go to one of the best schools - either of them qualify for that.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
Re: McCombs($) Vs Tepper  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2017, 21:31
I would pick Mccombs

Mccombs alums get the best jobs in Texas (which is a growing job market)

Austin also is an awesome city (music, outdoor, Tech center, etc.)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: McCombs($) Vs Tepper   [#permalink] 01 Jan 2017, 21:31

McCombs($) Vs Tepper

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste