GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 01 Apr 2020, 04:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MGMAT Verbal Foundations - 2020 Edition

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
MGMAT Verbal Foundations - 2020 Edition  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 22:19
Manhattan Prep released the new and updated edition of the GMAT Foundations of Verbal

The previous, 6th edition was out in 2015, so this is a good update for the book. While it does not contain major updates or changes, it is still great to get a new fresh version with better structure. I always highly recommend this book to everyone who is struggling with verbal, and esp those folks who are under V30.

What is the GMAT Foundations of Verbal?
This is an extra boost for Grammar, Critical Reasoning and Reading comprehension for those who are struggling or international applicants with weak verbal background. The book has a tiny bit of overlap with the SC, CR, and SC books but it goes much deeper and into the basics of the arguments, grammar, and my favorite - how to read on the GMAT. I highly recommend this version or any of the previous editions if you can't get this version in your country quite yet.

Is it worth it?
I feel it is worth the price, though a tiny bit expensive... the book is printed on high quality paper and is a pleasure to read. But most important part is the content of course :-) Available on Amazon for $25 in print or from third party sellers on Amazon or Ebay for $21 or Kindle format for $18.

My Favorite Part?
I like the drills, esp the ones that ask to spot the error or the ones asking to find the conclusion and assumption. So many people rush into the 750-level questions thinking they will do better only to get slaughtered and completely fail to understand the material. Don't be fooled by doing basic exercises - these books were written by smart and highly paid tutors. It is pretty dumb to pay for the book written by smart folks and then not follow it because "i know better". Be humble and learn!

GMAT Foundations of Verbal: $18-25 on Amazon

P.S. The GMAT Advanced Quant and GMAT Math Foundations by MGMAT were also updated in 2020. I am still reviewing them and should have an update early next week.

Attachment:
2020-01-22_22-22-41.png
2020-01-22_22-22-41.png [ 41.9 KiB | Viewed 1377 times ]
Attachment:
Advanced Quant.png
Advanced Quant.png [ 18.15 KiB | Viewed 1342 times ]
Attachment:
Foundations of Math.png
Foundations of Math.png [ 18.35 KiB | Viewed 1359 times ]

MGMAT Verbal Foundations - 2020 Edition   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2020, 22:19

MGMAT Verbal Foundations - 2020 Edition

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep