Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology
GMAT Date: 04-25-2015
GPA: 3.15
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: MiF HEC Paris vs IE vs LSE vs Rotterdam [#permalink]
Do you want a masters in finance or a MBA. You cant compare those two!

people with masters in finance go for their MBA after they graduate.... so I would just rather get a MBA unless you really want to go stay in finance
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys seriously do you even read what I write..? I never even mentioned a MBA here, I'm just speaking about a Master in Finance and asking which school is the best choice
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MiF HEC Paris vs IE vs LSE vs Rotterdam [#permalink]
Zacross wrote:
Guys seriously do you even read what I write..? I never even mentioned a MBA here, I'm just speaking about a Master in Finance and asking which school is the best choice

You should post in the section for Masters in Finance. Also, I don't know what the guy above is talking about, but it would be pretty pointless to get a Masters in Finance at a top tier school only to later on get an MBA. Beyond that, what is your citizenship? LSE is not the best choice for non-EUs due to UK immigration laws. I don't know Spanish immigration laws, but I think French ones are good, and HEC is a solid school. That being said, a Spanish school is probably better for ties to Latin America, though I'm not sure whether any of these will you get you placements in LA right off the bat. Rotterdam is the worst out of these four schools for your own profile and just in general, IMO. HEC/LSE are neck to neck, and LSE tends to be overrated on most discussions due to the Anglophone bias. Maybe think about a school with dual degree programs in Latin America. That would be your best bet for a LA job.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for your complete answer :)

I'm Belgian so I don't have have problem about Visa matters.
Unfortunately there is no double-degree in LA (neither in Paris nor in IE)

So you would say that LSE and HEC are both great schools and potentially better than IE based on the quality of the program?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MiF HEC Paris vs IE vs LSE vs Rotterdam [#permalink]
Zacross wrote:
Thanks for your complete answer :)

I'm Belgian so I don't have have problem about Visa matters.
Unfortunately there is no double-degree in LA (neither in Paris nor in IE)

So you would say that LSE and HEC are both great schools and potentially better than IE based on the quality of the program?

LSE and HEC are certainly great schools. IE is well ranked, but I've never heard much of it. It's also a Spanish school, which brings more questions regarding opportunities than a British or French school does. I'd say LSE might hold more weight over in Asia than HEC would, but all three can probably get you similar opportunities in Europe. I don't know about LA, but IE might perform better there given it's a Spanish school. I'm not certain about the quality of the program in regards to any of them. You might want to try to reach out to alums regarding that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi guys! I also applied to the Master in Finance of HEC and IE. Zacross can I ask you how much did you got at the GMAT? Because I have 720 Q48 V41 and I do not know if I will get accepted by HEC. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I got 730 and I can't remember how well I did in different parts. I was 96th percentile in verbal and 68th percentile in quant (pretty bad then)
I'm at HEC right now and let me tell you: 720 is more than enough for HEC, but it won't guarantee your intake. I met people with 620 GMAT in Paris but some people with over 750 also got refused. It's about your overall application package not only your GMAT. But be reassured that 720 is good enough (especially with an apparently high quant score)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thank you! It Helped me a lot! Can I also ask you what did they ask you at the interview? What would you suggest me to do in order to do well in it? Do you enjoy studying at HEC? Thank you again for your help. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Send PM
Kudos