GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 07:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MiM profile evaluation and advice

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
MiM profile evaluation and advice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 23:34
Hi! I’m a final year BTech Civil engg student in a tier 1 college in India. I’m planning to take the gmat soon.
I want to apply to the top French MiM programs in 2021
Cgpa: 8.1
Will have 1.5 to 2 years of work experience in Business development in a software company (Zycus infotech) by then
One international internship in Myanmar and one in a reputed Indian construction company
A year of volunteering and leadership experience in an NGO
Don’t have a lot of achievements in the extra curricular front
What can i do in the next 1-1.5 years towards building my profile to cement my chances of getting into a good program?

Will scoring 750 ish on the gmat and learning the language help? I also plan to do some relevant courses and remote internships in my area of interest (sales and marketing). What else can I do? Would appreciate some help!

Posted from my mobile device
Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: MiM profile evaluation and advice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2019, 07:34
Hi Shipra2810,

Thank you for sharing your story. It seems like you are on the right track with a lot of different experiences. Taking additional classes and remote internships to round your application are a good idea. You can read this article to get a sense of how to prepare for b-school. The article has an MBA lens, but the insights can help in your MiM profile development. I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Shipra2810 wrote:
Hi! I’m a final year BTech Civil engg student in a tier 1 college in India. I’m planning to take the gmat soon.
Will have 1.5 to 2 years of work experience in Business development in a software company (Zycus infotech) by then
One international internship in Myanmar and one in a reputed Indian construction company
What can i do in the next 1-1.5 years towards building my profile to cement my chances of getting into a good program?

Will scoring 750 ish on the gmat and learning the language help? I also plan to do some relevant courses and remote internships in my area of interest (sales and marketing). What else can I do? Would appreciate some help!

Contact us for a free consultation
Experts' Global Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2019, 23:09
Shipra2810 wrote:

Hello Shipra2810,

Thanks for your query.

The internship and courses make a lot of sense and you should definitely consider the same. At the same time, however, focusing on work and emerging with talking points (through achievements) will be very important. Further, to strengthen your profile on the extra-curricular front, you could look at joining a professional club such as Toastmasters; such a platform could help nurture your leadership and public-speaking skills. At the same time, you could even continue to engage with the NGO in a leadership role.

Once you have all of the above in place, you will need to focus on your essays and put forth a set that is truly representative of your overall candidature. Please also spend this time deliberating deeper on your career goals.

Hope this helps.

All the best!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2019, 05:34
A few more perspectives on your plans Shipra2810:
  1. It will be good to understand the actual name of the school - helps get a better sense of the brand. Tier 1 helps a lot - a lot more for MiM than MBA in general. It will also be good to know where that GPA puts you, on a relative scale.
  2. 1.5-2 years is about right for MiM; any more and you would be tad on the higher side. Read here for more on MiM.
  3. The broad plan you have set is good. If timing is not an issue, consider waiting and make sure you understand how MiM stacks up against MBA.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MiM profile evaluation and advice   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2019, 05:34

MiM profile evaluation and advice

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap