It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 09:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MIT Sloan Fellows 2016

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: MIT Sloan Fellows 2016 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 18:11
thanks for the reply!

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MIT Sloan Fellows 2016 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 21:20
I applied at the R1 deadline, and am having my interview later this week. I had the opportunity to have an interview earlier (got notification at the end of Jan), but I had to schedule this week because of my work schedule.

I think from here on out, all interviews are conducted in Cambridge, regardless if you are a domestic or an international candidate. I don't think there's a choice for Skype or interviewing in another location, as others have posted earlier. I think R1 interview invites have probably mostly gone out, and it looks like interview slots are possible all throughout February.

Anyone interview in person in Cambridge yet? Any tips for the in-person interview?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 21:25
missq wrote:
missq wrote:
Waitlisted too! Shit! I honestly cannot believe it!
Top 5 US college gradaute; college varsity; 10 years work experience, of which 5 years as a manager for Deloitte Consulting, 5 years running my own company which I just sold for 20 million dollars. Yes that's my net worth. I'm an angel investor now. I am literally the most successful and competitive person I know at my age. I am very surprised!

I am sorry if I sound like a jackass. I'm usually modest. I'm sure all of you guys waitlisted excel at what you do. I just wonder, for the lucky ones who were admitted, is your net worth in billions?

As far as I know, the applicants' net worth isn't an admission criterion for this program .

Best of luck !

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: IMD '16 (S)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 21:45
missq wrote:
Top 5 US college gradaute; college varsity; 10 years work experience, of which 5 years as a manager for Deloitte Consulting, 5 years running my own company which I just sold for 20 million dollars. Yes that's my net worth. I'm an angel investor now. I am literally the most successful and competitive person I know at my age. I am very surprised!

Maybe its your confidence...Maybe a bit Over

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 21:48
missq wrote:
missq wrote:

I am sorry if I sound like a jackass. I'm usually modest. I'm sure all of you guys waitlisted excel at what you do. I just wonder, for the lucky ones who were admitted, is your net worth in billions?

Its not just about Net Worth...Its about your openness and willingness to learn.
All the best

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Schools: IIM Calcutta - Class of 2001
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 23:24
Ifalcon, agreeing with Seadog, the process would put you at ease. Going with an open mind seems to help.

Seadog and others admitted, could you share if there is an acceptance deadline from the candidate's side. I got to know from a 2012 alumni that they were given 10days to "accept & pay". Is that so even now - I am thinking that would give some idea on when wait listed people may hear back. Not sure, if I should be asking the Adcom directly about this - as they have not responded to mail before, and their last mail from them was rather formal and tad perfunctory...

Seadog wrote:
Ifalcon wrote:
Applied rnd 2 and received interview invite last week. Plan on traveling overseas to interview in Boston.

Ten plus years in consulting and high level government/diplomatic work.

What is best way to prepare for interview? What should I expect once there?

Going to Boston for the interview is a great idea. There are a few posts early on about the interviews; especially some good ones by Braceman. They should give you a good idea. In short, don't dread it like an interview - it's a very open discussion for most of it.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 00:51
rammuaddib wrote:
Ifalcon, agreeing with Seadog, the process would put you at ease. Going with an open mind seems to help.

Seadog and others admitted, could you share if there is an acceptance deadline from the candidate's side. I got to know from a 2012 alumni that they were given 10days to "accept & pay". Is that so even now - I am thinking that would give some idea on when wait listed people may hear back. Not sure, if I should be asking the Adcom directly about this - as they have not responded to mail before, and their last mail from them was rather formal and tad perfunctory...

Seadog wrote:
Ifalcon wrote:
Applied rnd 2 and received interview invite last week. Plan on traveling overseas to interview in Boston.

Ten plus years in consulting and high level government/diplomatic work.

What is best way to prepare for interview? What should I expect once there?

Going to Boston for the interview is a great idea. There are a few posts early on about the interviews; especially some good ones by Braceman. They should give you a good idea. In short, don't dread it like an interview - it's a very open discussion for most of it.

Yes you do get 10 days to pay, and accept...
I also know of others who said that the adcom told them they should receive a response by today/tomorrow.

Hope this helps.
All the best

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 06:49
Did anyone receive any decision today? Feb 10th is supposed the deadline for decision on R1 interviewed candidates..

And those who got admission, will you have any idea of how many seats are already gone???

Such a nail biting wait...

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 4

Schools: MIT-MSMS'17 (A)
WE: General Management (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 08:26
This post received
KUDOS
Quite a few questions raised... I'll try and answer most here.

- The acceptance is usually by email in a standard format, along with terms of how long you have to accept etc.
- Yes, it's about 10d that you get. I think there is an amount of flex when this competes with Stanford, but that's usually working the other way around.. i.e. people admitted to Stanford who are trying to delay decisions till they hear from MIT. The payment to confirm your place is 10k usd, and they usually put in a specific date for that.
- I'm not 100% sure of the number admitted so far, but I'd say it's easily about 60+.
- Fyi, a lot of people seem to have applied at both MIT & Stanford, and both schools 'lose' candidates either way, depending on various factors...

Hope that helps... good luck!

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 4

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 09:09
This post received
KUDOS
eccentrino wrote:
I applied at the R1 deadline, and am having my interview later this week. I had the opportunity to have an interview earlier (got notification at the end of Jan), but I had to schedule this week because of my work schedule.

I think from here on out, all interviews are conducted in Cambridge, regardless if you are a domestic or an international candidate. I don't think there's a choice for Skype or interviewing in another location, as others have posted earlier. I think R1 interview invites have probably mostly gone out, and it looks like interview slots are possible all throughout February.

Anyone interview in person in Cambridge yet? Any tips for the in-person interview?

The interview was conducted by two adcom members . It was very relaxed and was more of a two ways discussion. The interview lasted only 30 min in my case mainly because I had discussed with them before over the phone and during the program visit so they had already got an idea about many aspects of my candidacy.
Most of the discussion points revolved around the career/personal objectives from attending the program (be specific as much as you can), essays (mainly lessons learned), leadership style, fit for the program, candidate value proposition and expectations.
If I may advise one thing, I would say just be yourself, humble and confident. The adcom team has been selecting applicants for so many years so they are very good judge of characters! I’m sure they are interested in you since they invited you for an interview.
I hope the above helps and I wish you all the best!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Schools: MIT-MSMS'17 (S)
WE: Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 17:54
I see only 6 interview slots left in February....

I think if you have applied R2 and haven't gotten an interview email, you should ping the adComm.

Anybody have to reschedule their interview because of the snowstorm?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 20:28
Received an email yesterday. I am also in waitlist.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 22:08
Me too in waiting list. Seems instead of saying "not selected", they have said "wait list".

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 22:26
sachinshedge wrote:
Received an email yesterday. I am also in waitlist.

Hi, sachinshedge -
When did you interview? Was it on campus?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 22:27
sprparvathy wrote:
Me too in waiting list. Seems instead of saying "not selected", they have said "wait list".

Hi, Sprparvathy -
When did you interview? Was your interview on campus?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 04:27
The interview took place in India on 13th Jan.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 10:14
sachinshedge wrote:
The interview took place in India on 13th Jan.

Thanks for your reply, Sachinshedge! Best of luck to you

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 11:44
Did everyone take the GMAT or GRE?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 13:14
hi,
the sloan fellow program doesnt provide active placement opportunity. i have 11 years of managerial work ex post my first MBA from India and looking to pursue one of the sloan fellow programs. can anyone hep me with your understanding as to how tough is it to land a job opportunity post this program? many thanks

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 13:37
This post was
BOOKMARKED
saurabhjha wrote:
hi,
the sloan fellow program doesnt provide active placement opportunity. i have 11 years of managerial work ex post my first MBA from India and looking to pursue one of the sloan fellow programs. can anyone hep me with your understanding as to how tough is it to land a job opportunity post this program? many thanks

One of my friends graduated from the Sloan MBA program a couple years ago, and got jobs offers very quickly. He was interviewing pretty constantly for a few weeks.

My student host in the Sloan Fellows class is currently looking for opportunities post graduation. This might be a good question to ask in different forums where people have matriculated and have graduated (or graduating soon), and have a better sense of what the job market looks like. I would think that having an MIT MBA/MSMS degree can only help you!

Re: MIT Sloan Fellows 2016   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2015, 13:37

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 153 posts ]