Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MIT Sloan Fellows 2016 [#permalink]
dazaf wrote:
Hi all,

Received the invite on Dec 30th.. interview next week... very excited...!!

Please tell us a bit about your background. Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Mechanical Engineer with 18y working in Heavy construction and Mining equipment industry specifically Mining Technology and Autonomy. Started a Construction technology, and now back in Mining. Worked in the US covering several countries in Latin America, and currently living in Colombia.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Schools: IIM Calcutta - Class of 2001
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Ah, of course! The Obligatory background:
15 years experience overall - started in 1998 as a Chemical engineer (IIT Madras-1998). Switched to software industry after an MBA (IIM Calcutta-2001).
14 yrs of fairly global software delivery and consulting experience - India, US, UK, Australia. Currently delivery director for Oracle.
Self-sponsored. Plan to startup after a short break.

Interview:
Its a bit of a misnomer to call it that. It was a rather open, and open-ended discussion. The Asst. Director of admissions was very involved with the individual and the process - gave ample information. Was very interested to understand both my career progression and future goals - 15 mins. Then, a 30 min discussion on the various aspects of the Fellows program, where I had a few open questions on how it might fit with my goals. Finally, last 10 min, she was interested to find out my overall "preparedness" - how the family will fare during the year, how I will manage the break and what expectations I had from Sloan.

So, overall very informative and definitely pleasant interview - helped me make mind up in a lot of ways.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ram

TG1 wrote:
rammuaddib wrote:
Folks,
I applied from India towards end of Round1 - got an interview invite on Dec 31st. Scheduled for 16th Jan - Looks like they have 3-4 slots daily running for 5 days, 13th-17th Jan. And most of them filled (4 still free) - probably indicates about 10-15 have invites so far... Or they could just have fewer slots on some days. Would be nice if we get an idea of how many.

All the best to all who are in the process!

Cheers,
Ram

How did it go? Please debrief about the interview. Also, about your background. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rammuaddib wrote:
Ah, of course! The Obligatory background:
15 years experience overall - started in 1998 as a Chemical engineer (IIT Madras-1998). Switched to software industry after an MBA (IIM Calcutta-2001).
14 yrs of fairly global software delivery and consulting experience - India, US, UK, Australia. Currently delivery director for Oracle.
Self-sponsored. Plan to startup after a short break.

Interview:
Its a bit of a misnomer to call it that. It was a rather open, and open-ended discussion. The Asst. Director of admissions was very involved with the individual and the process - gave ample information. Was very interested to understand both my career progression and future goals - 15 mins. Then, a 30 min discussion on the various aspects of the Fellows program, where I had a few open questions on how it might fit with my goals. Finally, last 10 min, she was interested to find out my overall "preparedness" - how the family will fare during the year, how I will manage the break and what expectations I had from Sloan.

So, overall very informative and definitely pleasant interview - helped me make mind up in a lot of ways.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ram

TG1 wrote:
rammuaddib wrote:
Folks,
I applied from India towards end of Round1 - got an interview invite on Dec 31st. Scheduled for 16th Jan - Looks like they have 3-4 slots daily running for 5 days, 13th-17th Jan. And most of them filled (4 still free) - probably indicates about 10-15 have invites so far... Or they could just have fewer slots on some days. Would be nice if we get an idea of how many.

All the best to all who are in the process!

Cheers,
Ram

How did it go? Please debrief about the interview. Also, about your background. Thanks.

Congratulations on selection. I know the results are not out yet, but take my word for it - you are in.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I had applied from India in Round 1. Had received an interview call on 31st December and had my interview on 17th January.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ps76 wrote:
Hi,
I had applied from India in Round 1. Had received an interview call on 31st December and had my interview on 17 thJanuary.

Please share your background and also interview details.
Thanks.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Background - 14.5 years of experience in Banking and Financial Services. Primarily, I have worked in the Emerging markets - Asia and Africa -with short term assignments in the US.

The interview was conversational, and relaxed. The first 15 minutes were spent discussing my essays - my short term and long term goals- and how does the program fit with my career plans. The next 30-35 minutes were spent discussing the banking and financial services scenario in India, dealing with cultural diversity considering the program has an international cohort, ethical dilemmas facing leaders today. The next 10 minutes were spent on how would I work in a team which has individuals from 5 different nationalities, and how can each member add value to the group. Finally, the interviewer was interested in knowing my expectations from the Sloan program and how the family would fare during the year. Overall, it was a pleasant experience, and I thoroughly enjoyed the interview.
Hope, the details are helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Reminder to all admitted

I've created a LinkedIn group for the ones admitted so we can start networking and knowing each other before april orientation.

Just search Groups with the keywords "MIT Sloan Fellows Class of 2016" (couldn't post the link here - sorry) or send me a msg and I will reply with the link.

best regards and good luck to the rest being interviewed.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
TG1 wrote:
Congratulations on selection. I know the results are not out yet, but take my word for it - you are in.

Thanks TG - I hope you are right :-). And wish you all the best as well - how has it been for you so far?

Btw, just received a communication from Adcom saying that there are delays in processing the interviews. Earlier they had mentioned that the results are likely to be known by Jan end. Now (I think this was specifically addressed to the applicants from various parts of Asia) the R1 process for those who were interviewed in Jan, will likely conclude by Feb 10th. My initial reaction was that this is a Waitlist - but appears, many have received this mail. Will keep posted of any further developments.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When are they making decisions for the round 2? I believe all the interviews have been concluded. I'm so anxious to hear from them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good morning. The interview sessions keep going until 28 February. I am waiting for MIT's reply as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Update:

Got a mail from AdCom today. Am on waitlist - given that am an international candidate, not sure if this stands much chance of a positive conversion. So long folks... and all the best to those admitted.

I suppose many should be getting your mails any time now. Do update the group.

Cheers
Ram
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone, happy to join this group. I just received the formal admission mail this morning, look forward for the April orientation....

Regards,
PK
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rammuaddib wrote:
Update:

Got a mail from AdCom today. Am on waitlist - given that am an international candidate, not sure if this stands much chance of a positive conversion. So long folks... and all the best to those admitted.

I suppose many should be getting your mails any time now. Do update the group.

Cheers
Ram

Sorry to hear that. I am waitlisted too.

Originally posted by TG1 on 05 Feb 2015, 01:38.
Last edited by TG1 on 06 Feb 2015, 08:04, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ps76 wrote:
Background - 14.5 years of experience in Banking and Financial Services. Primarily, I have worked in the Emerging markets - Asia and Africa -with short term assignments in the US.

The interview was conversational, and relaxed. The first 15 minutes were spent discussing my essays - my short term and long term goals- and how does the program fit with my career plans. The next 30-35 minutes were spent discussing the banking and financial services scenario in India, dealing with cultural diversity considering the program has an international cohort, ethical dilemmas facing leaders today. The next 10 minutes were spent on how would I work in a team which has individuals from 5 different nationalities, and how can each member add value to the group. Finally, the interviewer was interested in knowing my expectations from the Sloan program and how the family would fare during the year. Overall, it was a pleasant experience, and I thoroughly enjoyed the interview.
Hope, the details are helpful.

How was it for you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Waitlisted too! ****! I honestly cannot believe it!
Top 5 US college gradaute; college varsity; 10 years work experience, of which 5 years as a manager for Deloitte Consulting, 5 years running my own company which I just sold for 20 million dollars. Yes that's my net worth. I'm an angel investor now. I am literally the most successful and competitive person I know at my age. I am very surprised!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
missq wrote:
Waitlisted too! ****! I honestly cannot believe it!
Top 5 US college gradaute; college varsity; 10 years work experience, of which 5 years as a manager for Deloitte Consulting, 5 years running my own company which I just sold for 20 million dollars. Yes that's my net worth. I'm an angel investor now. I am literally the most successful and competitive person I know at my age. I am very surprised!

I am sorry if I sound like a jackass. I'm usually modest. I'm sure all of you guys waitlisted excel at what you do. I just wonder, for the lucky ones who were admitted, is your net worth in billions?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts