Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Schools: IIM Calcutta - Class of 2001
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MIT Sloan Fellows 2016 [#permalink]
TMHBoston wrote:
Hi Folks - Though I haven't received my interview invite yet and not even sure I will make it, I am REALLY curious to know who all here are planning to start their own business after MIT, especially those with net worth not in several millions + who are not company-sponsored ...! I am sure many of you have similar questions...

Hi TMHBoston: My net worth is short of several millions by quite some margin, unless counted in Nigerian Naira or Ugandan shillings, I am self-sponsored and planning to start my own business after MIT.

I applied on last day of R3. I intended to apply early but ended up submitting late and at very short notice in R3 because I needed my company's permission to leave before my contract expires in September 2015. My employer had initially refused to let me leave early but changed their mind later by which point the R2 deadline had passed. I applied anyway despite being international. I have not had an interview but remain hopeful that the admissions team will deem me suitable based on fit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi kario,

Good to hear that - a) I am not the only one who submitted the application on the last day of R3! (very last minute decision to apply), and b) There are others who are considering starting new business.

Good luck for your application. I guess we both should hear back from MIT around the same time!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Folks, wanted to see if anyone has looked at the differences between the MIT and Stanford Sloan Fellows programs. For example, are there obvious differences in terms of the typical profile of the Fellows in terms of industry background, age/experience, geography etc? Would appreciate any inputs. Thanks much

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
How many applicants are still on the waiting list?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
I applied for MIT Sloan Fellows Program I did not get in. I am a Finance Director in Brazil married with 2 kids and I though I would be a good candidate. A part from this, MIT admission staff came to Brazil for and I met with them and they said I would be a good candidate for the program. I did not score well on the GMAT 590, I asked for waiver and I got it. MIT admission staff invited me to meet the campus and the program and I answered that “ I would meet the campus once I am down selected for interview”. I don´t think my answer was very good. My question here is should I reapply this year?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
The MIT Sloan Fellows program is quite unlike any other masters program for business professionals out there. Quite simply because there are very few full-time options for mid-career professionals looking at MBA equivalent programs or programs that give them advanced management skills. On the one hand, there are full-time MBA programs, which will consider applicants with 12+ years of experience as older applicants, while on the other there are Executive MBA programs, which are all part-time options.

The various flavors of the Sloan Fellows Program
While the Sloan Fellows Program originated at MIT Sloan, and still exists there, it is also offered by two other top schools in slightly different flavors. The Stanford MSx is the Stanford-equivalent, while the LBS Sloan Masters in Strategy and Leadership is the London Business School equivalent. While there are strong similarities between the three programs. Each of the programs is meant for senior executives, with 12+ years of experience behind them. already have MBA degrees and are pursuing a ‘second MBA‘ through the Sloan program, so to say. Each Sloan program emphasizes leadership and strategy, as executives at that level of experience have reached a position in their careers where both domains impact them significantly. Each Sloan program is 12-14 months long, and each is offered by a top school. While these similarities exist, the Sloan Fellows programs also differ from school to school. Not all Sloan applicants need to take the GMAT. Class sizes also vary, with the MIT Sloan program having a class size around twice that of the LBS program.

Understanding the Sloan Fellows Program and what it requires
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply

MIT SLOAN FELLOWS PROGRAM - FOR LEADERS AMONG LEADERS

The MIT Sloan Fellows program is quite unlike any other masters program for business professionals out there. Why? Quite simply because there are very few full-time options for mid-career professionals looking at MBA equivalent programs or programs that give them advanced management skills. On the one hand, there are full-time MBA programs, which will consider applicants with 12+ years of experience as older applicants, while on the other there are Executive MBA programs, which are all part-time options.

BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Dear all,

It is great to discover this blog and see so many stories for this MIT Sloan Fellows program!

Anyone here is targeting to apply for 2016 intake? Maybe we can further brainstorm and chat for this year's new Essay questions? Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
James
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
weilansejames wrote:
Dear all,

It is great to discover this blog and see so many stories for this MIT Sloan Fellows program!

Anyone here is targeting to apply for 2016 intake? Maybe we can further brainstorm and chat for this year's new Essay questions? Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
James

Guys, here is a new discussion thread for applicants applying to Sloan fellows 2016 intake. mit-sloan-fellows-2016-intake-class-of-202463.html
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
MIT Sloan Fellows MBA – For Leaders Among Leaders

The MIT Sloan Fellows program is quite unlike any other masters program for business professionals out there. Why? Quite simply because there are very few full-time options for mid-career professionals looking at MBA equivalent programs or programs that give them advanced management skills. On the one hand, there are full-time MBA programs, which will consider applicants with 12+ years of experience as older applicants, while on the other there are Executive MBA programs, which are all part-time options.

While the Sloan Fellows Program originated at MIT Sloan, and still exists there, it is also offered by two other top schools in slightly different flavors. The Stanford MSx is the Stanford-equivalent, while the LBS Sloan Masters in Strategy and Leadership is the London Business School equivalent. While there are strong similarities between the three programs. Each of the programs is meant for senior executives, with 12+ years of experience behind them. already have MBA degrees and are pursuing a ‘second MBA‘ through the Sloan program, so to say. Each Sloan program emphasizes leadership and strategy, as executives at that level of experience have reached a position in their careers where both domains impact them significantly. Each Sloan program is 12-14 months long, and each is offered by a top school. While these similarities exist, the Sloan Fellows programs also differ from school to school. Not all Sloan applicants need to take the GMAT. Class sizes also vary, with the MIT Sloan program having a class size around twice that of the LBS program. MIT Sloan Fellows Programs

This post was first published on the GyanOne Blog
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [0]
Given Kudos: 381
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
rammuaddib wrote:
Finally, on djzealot 's suggestion, I wrote to Adcom about waitlist - the official word from the adcom director, follows:
"...Thank you for your message and for your continued interest in the MIT Sloan Fellows Program. The waitlist will be cleared by mid- to late-March and you will be informed of the Admission Committee’s final decision by then.

We appreciate your patience."

So, guys who need time to have visa/, better have all your docs ready, just in case you are popped a surprise and have to travel on short notice.

you chose IIMC over MIT Sloan fellow program?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Sloan (MIT) Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Sloan (MIT) Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Sloan (MIT) Forum for all fresh things related to the Sloan (MIT) MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts