It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 00:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MIT Sloan Fellows: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 10

Re: MIT Sloan Fellows: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 01:05
onyecc wrote:
Hmm..i have had my interview and as you all earlier mentioned, i was informed about another stage with the program Director. However, i was not given a date for this meeting at the interview. Has anyone gotten a date?

How was your interview? When were you interviewed? What did the interviewer ask/discuss?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 09:07
I applied the second round. But currently the status is still in 'Submitted', should it be changed to 'Completed'?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 23:39
down123 wrote:
I applied the second round. But currently the status is still in 'Submitted', should it be changed to 'Completed'?

After submitted your application you would/should have received an email from MIT confirming that your application is submitted and is complete. On MIT's admission website, application status is not explicitly "Submitted" or "Complete" rather it has a text'

Application Status for XXXXXX

Thank you for submitting your application to the MIT Sloan Fellows Program.

We are currently reviewing applications. Interviews are by invitation only. Interviews are conducted from mid-October, 2015 through late March, 2016. Should you be selected for an interview, you will receive an invitation via email.

Please refer to the checklist below to view items that have not yet been received. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.

Or is there another link for application status??

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

MIT Sloan Fellows: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 20:54
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Telcoguy wrote:
Swesloan wrote:
Interview details...

Time: About 60 mins
Main Topics:

Why MIT SF?
    Why Now?
    Whats next after MIT SF?
    3 pillars? - reflections & examples from your past of how you have demonstrated innovation, global perspective, leadership
    What kind of leader are you?
    How do you deal with conflict with subordinates, peers ?
    Questions for the interviewer

Pretty relaxed overall. They expect short and crisp answers, not long narratives. I tripped on this. I was quickly guided back on track from the interviewer. :-)

Overall, went quite OK. There is one final step in the process left - final 15 mins discussion/interview with the program director. :o :shock: :-D I had not ready about this in any forum before so I am nervous as to why... Has anybody else received this invite? RufforBP :?:

Good luck & Good Wishes to everybody, including myself. 8-)

-Swesloan

Thank you Swesloan for the detailed writeup :)
I guess chat with director means that you have cleared the interview/selected but a final nod from Director is required before they offer you the admission. I am sure you & RufforBP will clear this last hurdle as well. (Never heard about it in last year's forum so perhaps this is something new starting this year :shock: )
By the way how many interviewers were in the panel Your interview with Director will also be on Skype? Have you received the invite for final interview?

Had the final round of discussion - 15 mins with SS. Again, very relaxed. The chat was centered on expectations from either parties.
It was a skype meeting.
In the earlier interview panel, it was one person only. Its all done from my side, now its just wait. Fingers crossed.
All the best folks.

Best regards,
Swesloan

Last edited by Swesloan on 22 Dec 2015, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 20:58
RufforBP wrote:
Hi Guys!

I was invited to a quick talk with the Director also.

I had no idea there was such stage in the process? Maybe not for all candidates??

Anyway... good luck to everybody!

Did you have the talk with SS? Any decisions?
Last year they rolled out early decisions just before christmas and New years. Eagerly awaiting. Lets keep each other posted!!

Best regards,
Swesloan

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 20:59
onyecc wrote:
Hmm..i have had my interview and as you all earlier mentioned, i was informed about another stage with the program Director. However, i was not given a date for this meeting at the interview. Has anyone gotten a date?

All the best. They will send you a link to pick out some dates in Dec.
Keep us posted on final decisions.

Best regards,
Swesloan

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 02:06
Swesloan wrote:

Had the final round of discussion - 15 mins with SS. Again, very relaxed. The chat was centered on expectations from either parties.
It was a skype meeting.
In the earlier interview panel, it was one person only. Its all done from my side, now its just wait. Fingers crossed.
All the best folks.

Good luck and Happy Christmas :) :)

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 13:00
Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year 2016.
May all your wishes come true - especially the one for which you are on this forum. ??

Best regards,
Swesloan

BSchool Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Schools: Sloan Fellows'17

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2015, 20:57
Swesloan wrote:
onyecc wrote:

Hey guys,

Merry Christmas to you all and hope everyone is having a good time with your family.

Similar to Swesloan, I had an interview two weeks ago with SS as well and the interview was quite focus on the Essay stories. I would say it is a typical MIT style of interview around "tell me a time when XXX" of behavioral questions. And the last part was about the expectations from both parties, what do we as a prospective students want to achieve & what the school expects us to do.

Hopefully the result will coming out by end of this year. Wish you all the bests and keep us posted if you hear anything. Cheers~

BSchool Thread Master

Schools: Sloan Fellows'17

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2015, 21:03
Telcoguy wrote:
weilansejames wrote:
Hi I am also applying for SF and submitted my application in round 1. My mail is , let's stay connected and keep each other posted the interview status if anyone received along the way. Thanks.

Hi,

Since you applied in round 1, did you hear anything from MIT?

Thanks

Hi Telcoguy,

Sorry for the late replied as I was busy travelling overseas and just saw the posts these days. Yea, I just replied the latest interview info in the group, hopefully will be helpful for the coming interviewees. I guess you have also finished the interview and waiting for the result now. Wish every applicant best of luck!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2015, 11:23
Hi , I have applied in R1 from West Africa , not visited the Campus . Any Idea when Adcom will communicate for interview.

Hi,

Thanks[/quote]

Hi Telcoguy,

Sorry for the late replied as I was busy travelling overseas and just saw the posts these days. Yea, I just replied the latest interview info in the group, hopefully will be helpful for the coming interviewees. I guess you have also finished the interview and waiting for the result now. Wish every applicant best of luck![/quote]

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2015, 11:57
This post was
BOOKMARKED
ketadri wrote:
Hi , I have applied in R1 from West Africa , not visited the Campus . Any Idea when Adcom will communicate for interview.

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Telcoguy,

Sorry for the late replied as I was busy travelling overseas and just saw the posts these days. Yea, I just replied the latest interview info in the group, hopefully will be helpful for the coming interviewees. I guess you have also finished the interview and waiting for the result now. Wish every applicant best of luck![/quote][/quote]

Hi ketradi,
My wild guess is that admissions are only working on the "fasttrack" admissions in december. Fasttracks are candidates that have been active with the school the last months with visits etc and obviously meet or exceed all the school criterias.

They might reach out with interview calls for other R1/R2 candidates that meet their criteria during January/February.

This is my total guess and I am not speaking based on any intelligence garnered from anywhere.

Wishing you the best,
Swesloan

Best regards,
Swesloan

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 00:06
weilansejames wrote:
Swesloan wrote:
onyecc wrote:

Hey guys,

Merry Christmas to you all and hope everyone is having a good time with your family.

Similar to Swesloan, I had an interview two weeks ago with SS as well and the interview was quite focus on the Essay stories. I would say it is a typical MIT style of interview around "tell me a time when XXX" of behavioral questions. And the last part was about the expectations from both parties, what do we as a prospective students want to achieve & what the school expects us to do.

Hopefully the result will coming out by end of this year. Wish you all the bests and keep us posted if you hear anything. Cheers~

All the best weilansejames.

Just like onyecc, i recommend that we create a linkedin group called Sloan fellows '17 and then folks who get accepted for '17 batch are welcome to join.

Do you agree?

Best regards,
Swesloan

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 02:00
Swesloan wrote:
All the best weilansejames.

Just like onyecc, i recommend that we create a linkedin group called Sloan fellows '17 and then folks who get accepted for '17 batch are welcome to join.

Do you agree?

Yes, I agree.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2015, 09:26
Greetings,

I hope that everyone is having a festive holiday season!

Similar to many people posting before, I live outside of the US, applied in round one, had a pre-interview when I registered my interest online, visited the MIT campus in November and had my interview with the program director in early December. I was told that I should hear back from them before year end. As the date is slowly approaching, I keep graciously waiting.

I am thankful to this blog because it was useful to get insights into the interview questions, as mine were similar to those posted above and the year before.

I hope that we all hear back from the program, at whatever stage of the application process each one is at, before year end and wish you all the best for 2016.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2015, 09:50
SFSege wrote:
Greetings,

I hope that everyone is having a festive holiday season!

Similar to many people posting before, I live outside of the US, applied in round one, had a pre-interview when I registered my interest online, visited the MIT campus in November and had my interview with the program director in early December. I was told that I should hear back from them before year end. As the date is slowly approaching, I keep graciously waiting.

I am thankful to this blog because it was useful to get insights into the interview questions, as mine were similar to those posted above and the year before.

I hope that we all hear back from the program, at whatever stage of the application process each one is at, before year end and wish you all the best for 2016.

Hi SFSege,

All the best 2 u 2. You are in the same boat as self, onyecc, rufforbp, weilansejames and perhaps a few non-active

The program director has interview slots open until 30th. I suppose the decisions will land on 30th or 31st.

If anyone has heard anything, please post to the group. Suppose all of us have sleepless and anxious filled last few nights...

Best regards,
Swesloan

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2015, 00:08
I have a question:
I had started my application process in 2nd week of October (i.e. registered my interest etc) and submitted my application on 9th November (last day of R2). After registering my interest MIT didn't call me for a pre-interview thing which they usually do (I believe some of the adcom people were overseas in Oct to conduct information sessions etc) and the information session in my country was cancelled so I never had a chance to speak with MIT before application submission. is that a bad sign and will impact my chances (I had asked this question during an admission chat and was told that around 50% of the applicants apply without pre-interview but didn't tell their success rate vs the ones who are pre-interviewd?

Has any R2 applicant received an interview call?

Thanks.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2015, 01:38
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Telcoguy,

I don't think that the fact that you haven't heard back is necessarily a bad sign, but a sign that the process takes time. I had my pre-interview one week before I applied by the R1 deadline, about two months after I registered my interest; I received an invitation for the interview also after over two months of my application. It seems that the response time may be due to the level of analysis of each application and perhaps the high number of applicants.

No idea how R2 works, but if my experience is of any help, then around two months is a good guess for your expectations. In any case, we should all get the status notification that they promised by year end, and international interviews are conducted in January and February, so your wait cannot go on for much longer.

All the best.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2015, 02:24
This post received
KUDOS
I agree with SFSege, I have applied way before R1 deadline , I had registered my interest some time in 2014, there was no pre-interview but adcom waived for GMAT based on academic transcripts & achievements.
After submitting my application , I could attain an international roadshow in West Africa. Where they mentioned that people who can visit campus , interview will be through Skype only and in December they will not travel out of US . Subsequently they informed that status of R1 candidates will be notified by this year.
Today is the last day of MIT Calendar 2015. Hopefully today is a crucial day for R1 candidates .

I think R1 and R2 are being assessed together other than those who visited the campus.

Entire journey will be in suspense , so only way is to keep patience.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 10

MIT Sloan Fellows: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2015, 06:03
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks SFSege & Ketadri for the detailed response :-)

Yes, now I understand that since I shown interest and applied in the peak time, MIT wasn't able to talk to me directly.
During a webinar MIT had said about sending the international invites in late Dec & early Jan...so it shouldn't be long before I hear from them.

Wishing all the R1 applicants who are done with interviews Best of Luck :) :gl

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 10

MIT Sloan Fellows: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2015, 06:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 155 posts ] 

MIT Sloan Fellows: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap