GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 04:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MOOC's to improve quant skills

new topic post reply Update application status  
Krannert Ambassador
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V34
GPA: 3.14
Reviews Badge
MOOC's to improve quant skills  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 11:01
Im considering enrolling in a MOOC to improve my quant skills and hopefully show Admissions officers at my target schools that although my quant score on the GMAT might not be high, i am working to improve it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good courses or if this will even be worth my time? Honestly my main goal in this is to impress Admissions officers and show that I am working on one of my weaknesses.

I plan to go into brand management and apply at Wisconsin, Purdue (krannert) , Texas A&M (Mays), BYU (Marriot), South Carolina (moore) and Indiana (kelley)
MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Re: MOOC's to improve quant skills  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 11:23
Hi there!

Great to hear that you're looking into options on how to offset a lower GMAT (quant). The order of options (most appealing to least) are as follows: retake the GMAT with a higher quant, take a set of analytic courses to demonstrate your ability to perform at an MBA level, or take a couple MOOCs. Obviously, there are constraints such as time (especially if you're looking at R2) and finances. If you're at a point where MOOCs are you're only option, it's definitely worth your time. As far as recommendations on which ones, just find ones are reputable and relevant to your cause. For instance, analytic courses would include: statistics, microeconomics, and finance/accounting. Hope this information helps. Feel free to check out our free resources to get you started for your R2 preparation. Best of luck this season!

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let us know!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.7
WE: Human Resources (Education)
MOOC's to improve quant skills  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 23:33
I wanted to add a recent podcast to this thread, in case other applicants have the same question. I got Admissions Directors from Cornell Johnson, CEIBS and IMD to give their opinion on this issue:

http://touchmba.com/how-to-show-quant-skills/

In short, your best way to show off your quant skills is to retake the GMAT and get a higher score - especially on quant section / IR if that's possible. There are many other ways you can show quant skills i.e. through your work experience and recommendations. If you do choose to take online courses, focus on well-known b-school brands (like HBX, Wharton, etc) or mbamath.com, which is required by many top business schools. Customize your courses to your career goals and your target school's curriculum.

Get free school selection help at Touch MBA

GMAT Club Bot
MOOC's to improve quant skills &nbs [#permalink] 17 Apr 2018, 23:33

MOOC's to improve quant skills

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap