It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 11:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Review of "GMATinsight"-GMAT Experience 590--->710 (Wharton Converted)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

3 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [3], given: 1

Schools: Wharton '17 (M)
Review of "GMATinsight"-GMAT Experience 590--->710 (Wharton Converted) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 10:41
This post received
KUDOS
I have benefited a lot from this GMATCLUB by silently looking at questions and discussions here. Following the tradition of sharing GMAT story for the next generation, Here is my story.

I am a Economics graduate and I have taken GMAT twice
GMATPREP 1- 640
GMATPREP 2- 660
Real GMAT 1 - Score 590

Manhattan Average Score - 670
Real GMAT 2 - Score 710 (Q-48, V-39) (my final attempt)

Right from the beginning I was very confident of getting a good score in GMAT and to make sure that I get the score that I desire, I joined a prestigious coaching institute (Ja******) in Delhi. While taking classes I felt that taking help from some expert could really make a difference. I was confident of my Verbal section but I always struggled in Quant even to finish the section on time. With my preparation of about 2.5 months when the test was just 15 days away, I started getting too nervous in Quant hence started seeking more focussed and personalized assistance for Quant section and started googling the nearest available Tutors.

While searching I saw the profile of a gentleman and contacted him and liked the way he treated my doubts in a demo session. Here I enrolled for 10 sessions to be taken in 15 days but every next day I realized that my ways of solving questions were too lengthy and with only algebric approach I was going to deal with the Aptitude test which was the primary cause of my taking more time for solving them and lagging behind. On his push I realized that my approached had become too mechanical to solve the questions however since I had only 15 days so I did what I could and ended up with my first GMAT score of 590 (Q-45, V-28).

I was not shocked to see quant but Verbal was surprising for me. It was very difficult me to accept my first dismal score and stand up again to prepare for it. I took a vacation of 1 month and and then started preparing with the same Quant faculty but this time I took Verbal classes as well and enrolled for the entire course with @GMATinsight Tutors Bhoopendra Singh and Sushma Jha http://www.gmatinsight.com .

It was difficult time for me but my hardwork of 2 more months and trust in those people worked for me. I finally scored a 710 which has now got me into Wharton and leaves no complaints behind.

All I can say is that right guidance definitely help and hardwork always pays.

S.G.

Last edited by SG1492 on 13 Mar 2016, 05:36, edited 2 times in total.

Kudos [?]: 3 [3], given: 1

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
G

Kudos [?]: 2335 [0], given: 51

GMAT: INSIGHT
WE: Education (Education)
Reviews Badge
Re: Review of "GMATinsight"-GMAT Experience 590--->710 (Wharton Converted) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 11:32
Thank you so much for showing confidence in us!!!

It means a lot!!!

Prosper!!!
GMATinsight
Bhoopendra Singh and Dr.Sushma Jha
e-mail: info@GMATinsight.com I Call us : +91-9999687183 / 9891333772
Online One-on-One Skype based classes and Classroom Coaching in South and West Delhi
http://www.GMATinsight.com/testimonials.html

22 ONLINE FREE (FULL LENGTH) GMAT CAT (PRACTICE TESTS) LINK COLLECTION

Kudos [?]: 2335 [0], given: 51

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Review of "GMATinsight"-GMAT Experience 590--->710 (Wharton Converted) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2015, 08:55
SG1492 wrote:
I have benefited a lot from this GMATCLUB by silently looking at questions and discussions here. Following the tradition of sharing GMAT story for the next generation, Here is my story.

I am a Economics graduate and I have taken GMAT twice
GMATPREP 1- 640
GMATPREP 2- 660
Real GMAT 1 - Score 590

Manhattan Average Score - 670
Real GMAT 2 - Score 700 (Q-48, V-39) (my final attempt)

Right from the beginning I was very confident of getting a good score in GMAT and to make sure that I get the score that I desire, I joined a prestigious coaching institute (Ja******) in Delhi. While taking classes I felt that taking help from some expert could really make a difference. I was confident of my Verbal section but I always struggled in Quant even to finish the section on time. With my preparation of about 2.5 months when the test was just 15 days away, I started getting too nervous in Quant hence started seeking more focussed and personalized assistance for Quant section and started googling the nearest available Tutors.

While searching I saw the profile of a gentleman and contacted him and liked the way he treated my doubts in a demo session. Here I enrolled for 10 sessions to be taken in 15 days but every next day I realized that my ways of solving questions were too lengthy and with only algebric approach I was going to deal with the Aptitude test which was the primary cause of my taking more time for solving them and lagging behind. On his push I realized that my approached had become too mechanical to solve the questions however since I had only 15 days so I did what I could and ended up with my first GMAT score of 590 (Q-45, V-28).

I was not shocked to see quant but Verbal was surprising for me. It was very difficult me to accept my first dismal score and stand up again to prepare for it. I took a vacation of 1 month and and then started preparing with the same Quant faculty but this time I took Verbal classes as well and enrolled for the entire course with @GMATinsight Tutors Bhoopendra Singh and Sushma Jha http://www.gmatinsight.com .

It was difficult time for me but my hardwork of 2 more months and trust in those people worked for me. I finally scored a 700 which has now got me into Wharton and leaves no complaints behind.

All I can say is that right guidance definitely help and hardwork always pays.

S.G.

Can you post your LinkedIn Profile to understand better what it takes to get into Wharton?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 83

Schools: ISB '17, NUS '17

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 08:25
She is the worst teacher I ever had in my life. She took around 19k INR from me for verbal and have taught nothing. She just gave me some basic idea, which anyone can get with little bit of google searching. Furthermore, she is not sincere towards her students and wanted to complete the course without giving much knowledge. Once the course will get complete then after that she will not entertain you and will give you excuse that she is busy and can't solve it now.

I suggest don't hire her as a personal tutor if you really want to clear GMAT. She is greedy too!!

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 83

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 419

GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 3.48
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 19:30
Well,

So good of you.
Now, you can think of Wharton or even any other school that grabs your interest.
I am also an admirer of Wharton and have talked with the Director of Admission a couple of times.
My problem with the GMAT is that when I get the Quant straight Verbal goes out the window and vice-versa.
I hope you and I meet each other in Wharton conditioned if I get admission.

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 419

Re: Review of "GMATinsight"-GMAT Experience 590--->710 (Wharton Converted)   [#permalink] 22 Oct 2017, 19:30

Review of "GMATinsight"-GMAT Experience 590--->710 (Wharton Converted)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: EMPOWERgmatRichC, ydmuley, bb

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap