GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 13:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

My ISB Application Journey!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.44
My ISB Application Journey!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 19:48
Hello,
This is a really late post but I think it might be helpful for someone applying in Round 2. I got an admission offer from ISB (Mohali campus ) :-D and I would like to share my experience of writing the essays and appearing in the interview.
My profile -
Male
Civil Engineer
Currently working with an NGO in the field of education. (<1 year)
Past Experience: Oil and Gas sector (3 years).
GMAT score of 760 quant 50, verbal 41, AWA 4, IR 5)

Since I wanted to have a post MBA career in India, on the recommendation of many of my friends, relatives and colleagues and based on my own research, I decided to apply in ISB.
For writing the essays, I engaged Manish from MBA CrystalBall for the essays part of ISB. He helped me in effectively explaining my goals and motivations in a simple and effective manner. After a month of submission deadline for the first round, I got a mail from the ISB AdCom for a face to face interview which was to be held at Sheraton, Delhi.

For ISB Interviews I engaged Arijit Biswas from CrackAdmissions. His insights on the interview process were really helpful and tremendously helped me in feeling more comfortable for the interviews. It's very important to have a structured approach towards answers and draw examples from both personal and professional life while answering the questions.

Interview Experience: In the interview room there were 2 alumni and one AdCom member. After exchanging pleasantries, they directly jumped to the point and started talking questions about my profile and essays. I will list down the questions that I can remember from the interview.
1. Why did you change your job from Oil and Gas to Education.
2. More discussion about education, what problems we are facing etc.
3. Name 2 skills you want to gain from ISB and why?
4. What has been your most difficult accomplishment ?
5. Give an example of a situation where you faced resistance from your team members. How did you manage?
6. Current roles and responsibilities. Goals
7. What is ELP?

My interview went for 45 mins approx. and there were instances where I disagreed with them on their opinions and they disagreed with mine. It was more like a discussion with inputs from the interviewers also.

My advice:
1. Prepare well for the interview as a lot of questions are very standard
2. Know your essays inside out
3. Be very clear about your goals
4. Have good knowledge of whatever your domain is.

Do not shy away from engaging consultants. Personally I found there inputs were very helpful both as the essay and interview stage. A couple of mock interview sessions helped me a lot by making me aware of the weak areas and improving my confidence.

If you have any other question please do reply or you can PM me. All the best!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: My ISB Application Journey!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 01:01
Thank you Varun! Hope your application advice and interview debrief would help future ISB applicants! Are planning a switch or remain in the field of education after MBA?

Wishing you great time in Mohali!

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q156 V159
GPA: 3.7
WE: Real Estate (Real Estate)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2018, 10:09
Thank you for sharing.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2018, 04:18
Hello All,

When I started reading the post posted by all the achievers who got the admissions and their journey towards it, felt very exciting and this created a new interest in MBA.

By looking at vast and diversified resumes people have posted on this blog, it creates a question mark in my mind, would my profile is suitable for and MBA application?

I m giving my current profile, and like advice on how I have to work on it to make it a B school admission profile.

Nationality: Indian
Female

Education:
UG: BSc in Microbiology from Mumbai University (Royal college, Mira Road) - 65% marks - 2003
PG: 1 year full time Post Graduate Program in Diploma in Clinical analysis From Sophia college - B Grade - 2004

Work Experience:
1) Worked as team member in Cenveo publisher services (publishing back office) - 2005 - 2013
2) Project Lead - in Cenveo publisher services (publishing back office) (2014 - present)

Extracurricular: Nil

GMAT: Planning to take in March 2018.

Target Schools: Indian, Abroad.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.85
WE: Engineering (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2018, 06:22
Very Helpful Post for lost souls like me.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 04:26
Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: My ISB Application Journey! &nbs [#permalink] 13 Feb 2018, 04:26

My ISB Application Journey!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap