GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 03:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

My roller coaster Verbal score ---- Need Help!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.01
My roller coaster Verbal score ---- Need Help!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 20:13
I Started my GMAT study on sept, and have scheduled the Gmat test next week. :(
My verbal score looks like a roller coaster. I don't know should I reschedule another time, but I really want to apply school at R2.
I don't know which area should I focus for the coming week. Is there anyone can give some guidance. :cry: :cry:

Aiming for 650 --70

Here are the history of my test score:

Manhattan CAT#1: Q36,V25(first time without any study)
Manhattan CAT#2: Q40,V21(one month and half studying)
Manhattan CAT#3: Q43,V29(after one week intense studying)
GMAT PREP TEST #1: Q46,V17(after one week intense studying)
HEC & IMD School Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: My roller coaster Verbal score ---- Need Help!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 20:46
Hi,
Welcome to Gmatclub. You have done really well in Quant. There is a big variation in your Verbal score. If I consider gmat official mock score as your current level, I would suggest to go through the basic once again thoroughly and check your error log. You have a week and getting 650-700 will be tough. I think, you need to attempt once more at least. Even if you reschedule the exam, you will get no return. So, take this opportunity to get to know the test environment and do you best. Here is our top recommended plan with other useful information: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-study-plan-217827.html
.. I am unsure how did you prepared till now but you can opt for an online course as well. Mostly, all of the prep companies are offering a trial version as well. Take a look on some of them and decide which one suits you best. All the best :)
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GPA: 3.27
WE: Operations (Other)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 21:14
Hi

I would recommend you to push the exam date. Your mock score are not close to your target score. You need to give yourself enough time to prepare for the exam. It is advisable to sit for the exam only and only when your mock scores are closest to your target score.
Given that you have only one week for the exam, i think it is not possible to improve your score significantly. If you are not planning to reschedule the exam, make sure you learn from the mistakes you made. There is still a possibility to improve your score by 30-40 points in one week. Do not touch any new topic or try to learn new concepts. Spend couple of days analyzing your mocks, spend time analyzing the errors made. Try to grasp as much as you can from those questions and make notes of the same. Above all, stay calm, be positive and give your best on the exam day. Miracles can happen. :)

Hope it helps.
Director
Director
V
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.67
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 07:22
Hi Nananono
Hope for you the best; For this reason, my advice is that you should postpone.
My humble opinion is that there is no chance to reach 650 at your current situation. You are also burning yourself and your mind. GMAT requires confidence and clear mind before the test. Rushing and stressful studying is useless.

Generally, you are not good enough in both quant and verbal.
however, there is higher chances to improve remarkably in quant than in verbal.
you are ready when you can achieve at least Q50 and V29. This is your lowest threshold to sit for GMAT.

I wish I had better news for you.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 10:00
Hey guys,

I have a similar problem.
I started learning for the GMAT for around two months at the beginning of the year and then stopped because I did an internship abroad. Now I started learning again a week ago. My GMAT exam will be on Monday, so there are only a few days left.
My Prep test scores of the last week are:

Kaplan: v35 q38 ir3
Official GMAT Practice: v38 q42 ir4
Economist: v27 q27 ir3 -> That one I took in the evening when I was super tired and halfway through the fire alarm went off. So I hope this was just an accident.
Official GMAT Practice: v40 q48 ir5

I am really unsure how accurate the tests were to predict my possible score as the results are pretty far apart from each other. What would you advise me to focus on in the last remaining days? Should I try to improve my IR score and focus on that or should I keep reviewing my error log and try to be stable in all sections? :)
Btw, how important is the IR section for the total score?
Thanks! :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: My roller coaster Verbal score ---- Need Help!   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2019, 10:00

My roller coaster Verbal score ---- Need Help!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics