Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: Need Help - Important Information Missing from a Submitted Application [#permalink]
Expert Reply
hydrocarbons wrote:
Hey guys, here is the situation:
I would waste not a second- and I would send screen shots if you have to- and they won't accept anything else- tell them the unfortunate situation that you just realized somehow your extracurriculars were not uploaded- and then make sure they can be seen.
Now do keep in mind - some of your extracurriculars must be on your resume as well so it may be that they have seen some of it- but I think letting them know- and particularly try to send this to the person managing the wait list for your region- call and ask if you have to- make sure that person sees it and also use this as an opportunity to tell them that you ABSOLUTELY still want to attend and that you would accept and send in your deposit immediately if given the chance to get admitted. That should help! Good luck!
If you are still on WL, anything can happen- try to make sure they have this before making their R2 decisions as schools will look at their R1 WL people before making the new R2 admits to see if there is anything better from R1- and hopefully that will now be you once this extra information is revealed! I am rooting for you!! :)

I applied to a top-ten program in Round One, and was rather surprised to get wait listed. My GMAT was 55 points above their median, I thought my essays for that program were the strongest I wrote for any school, and I did an excellent job of showing fit (which was easy because it's genuine - the school is tied for my top choice). I went across the country to the school's somewhat remote campus for my interview, talked to plenty of current and former students, etc.

You get the picture - I felt like I did everything exceptionally well for this application.

Cue last night, when I was finishing the application for another top-ten program in Round Two, and I went to the original application to copy the descriptions from the community involvement section for the groups I am involved with, and they were all...blank. I requested a PDF copy of my application from my waitlist manager and my fears were confirmed - the application the committee reviewed had absolutely nothing in that section.

Community, volunteering, etc. are all very important a consideration for this particular program. I wrote extensive, detailed descriptions for all of those activities, and checked my application multiple times. So while it is possible I totally overlooked an entire, major section of the application, I am convinced that this was a computer glitch.

What say you, GMAT club? What can I do at this point? I am trying to contact someone in admissions to explain this and submit the volunteer work now.

I am totally mortified right now, though being waitlisted at a "fit" school does make a lot more sense now... :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Need Help - Important Information Missing from a Submitted Application [#permalink]